5

The Olympians: Rise of the Half-Bloods

Chanyeol was sitting on his bed reading one of the comic books that were stashed underneath his mattress when suddenly an outraged Luhan burst through the cabin door. He looked around the cabin, looking for his target, and stormed straight up to him. Luhan grabbed Chanyeol by the collar of his shirt. "Where is it," Luhan hissed.

Chanyeol blinked. "Where is what?"

"Don't play dumb with me, Park Chanyeol. I know you have it."

"You mean your precious little colorful block that you hide underneath your pillow-"

Luhan tightened his grip on Chanyeol's collar and started shaking him violently. "Damn it Chanyeol where is it?!"

Chanyeol raised his hands and smirked. "Well, if you think that I have it, my dear Oh Luhan-ssi, that is where you are wrong. Feel free to check my belongings, if you wish. But, you won't find it."

Luhan's hands began to shake and his breathing became really shallow. He released Chanyeol and walked out of the Ares cabin without another word. Chanyeol smoothed out his now wrinkled shirt and went back to reading his comic book. Jongin, who was sitting on the top bunk three beds away from Chanyeol, looked down at his hands and ran his thumb over the rubix cube in his hand. "Hey Chanyeol," Jongin called out.

"What," Chanyeol mumbled without looking up.

"Why is this thing so important to him?" Jongin asked while holding up the rubix cube.

Still not looking up, Chanyeol replied, "Does it matter?"

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. He knew that Chanyeol wasn't going to give him any answers. Jongin hopped down from the top bunk and stuffed the rubix cube in the front pocket of his baggy shorts and started towards the door when Chanyeol suddenly said, "And where do you think you're going?"

"Does it matter?" Jongin replied. Chanyeol put down his comic book and raised an eyebrow at Jongin, waiting for an answer. Jongin sighed. "I'm going to find Baekhyun and Jongdae."

Chanyeol squinted his eyes before turning his attention back to his comic book. "You better not give Luhan that cube back. Once you do, the deal is off."

Jongin rolled his eyes and exited the cabin. Baekhyun and Jongdae were probably in the library brushing up their knowledge on the gods and godesses, so he began to walk in that direction. He wasn't really planning on talking to the two boys, he just really wanted to get out and look around. These past couple days that he's been at this camp, Jongin has been searching for a way out. He needed to get back to his mom. If that son of a stepdad of his laid a hand on his mom again and Jongin wasn't there to protect her, he swore he would never forgive himself. Questions began to race through his mind: Was his mom okay? Did that bastard hurt her? Do the people at school even notice that I'm gone? Have they called the police? Is anyone looking for me?

Jongin's train of thought was interrupted when he heard screaming coming from a nearby cabin. He turned his head towards the source of the noise and saw Sehun holding Luhan's arms back. "Luhan, you need to calm down."

Luhan's eyes widened. "Where is it?! Where?! Where?!" He tried to free himself from Sehun's grasp but Sehun's hold was too strong. "I have to find it! I have to!"

"Luhan, it's okay if you can't find it. It's okay. Just please, calm down."

Luhan started throwing his body from side to side. "Let me go! I have to find it! I have to find it! Sehunnie gave it to me! I have to find it before Sehunnie finds out!"

Sehun closed his eyes and sighed. "I'm sure Sehunnie won't mind if you lost it. It's okay, Luhan."

"No no no no no! I have to get it back! I have to! Where is it?!"

Sehun continued to try and comfort the upset Luhan as Jongin started to back away from the scene. Guilt was rushing through Jongin's body and he wanted to return the cube to Luhan, but then he remembered the deal he made with Chanyeol. He clutched the small cube that was in his pocket and turned around to leave when he bumped into Yixing who was standing right behind him. "Oh! Uh, sorry. I didn't see you there," Jongin said as he bowed.

"Poor Sehun. He has to deal with one of Luhan's episodes again." Yixing sighed. "It's been such a long time since his last panic attack, and it seems to be getting worse every time. He doesn't even recognize his own brother now."

"He's been like this before?" Jongin asked.

Yixing nodded. "Back when they first came to this camp, there were strict rules stating that you couldn't bring any personal belongings with you. Chiron tried to take away the rubix cube that Luhan had and he completely lost it. He wouldn't stop screaming and started to break things. He kept muttering to himself and wouldn't rest."

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. "But what's so special about a dumb rubix cube?"

"Well, it's something really special to Luhan. Before they came to this camp, they lived with their parents. They were one of those typical, rich, business-like type of people. They were never home and never really connected with their kids, Sehun and Luhan. One day, the twins came home from school and found out their parents were back from their business trip in Hong Kong. Instead of friendly hellos and a happy family reunion, they came home to find their parents yelling at each other saying they wanted a divorce. They were arguing over who would get to keep the kids and they both wanted to keep Sehun because Luhan was not strong or reliable. The twins didn't want to be separated, so they ran away from home together, never looking back. They didn't have anywhere to go or any belongings, so they had to steal in order to survive. They were reluctant to steal at first, but the first thing that was stolen was a rubix cube that Sehun gave to Luhan as an apology because he thought it was his fault that things were the way they were." Yixing rested a hand on Jongin's shoulder. "It may not seem like that 'dumb rubix cube' has any value in it, but to Luhan it is something very precious to him. I know you were the one that took it and I know about Chanyeol's 'deal' with you. I'm not going to tell you what to do because I'm sure you'll make the right decision in the end."

"H-how do you..."

"Kyungsoo and I know everything that goes on at this camp." He patted Jongin's shoulder. "I'll be leaving first. Have a good day, Jongin."

 

***

 

Baekhyun got up to stretch his aching body. Earlier this morning, Chanyeol stopped by their cabin and apologized to Baekhyun, which he thought was really weird and seemed out of character. He then invited Baekhyun and Jongdae to have breakfast with him, which they kindly rejected. Him and Jongdae had been in the library the entire day reading about the gods and godesses histories. They wanted to get to know them better because one of the Olympians were their celestial parents. Jongdae had been spending a majority of his time reading about Zeus. Ever since his match with Joonmyeon, everyone was pretty certain that he was a son of Zeus.

"It says here that Zeus comes down to Earth very often in different forms and has had many children with different women." Jongdae skimmed a couple of paragraphs before adding, "But, it doesn't really say anything about them. It just says that none of them ever came to this camp. No explanations."

Baekhyun popped his neck. "So, you're the only son of Zeus here?"

Jongdae closed the book that was in front of him. "Well, we don't know for certain that I really am his son."

"Dude, seriously? You made lightning come out of the sky. If that isn't proof enough, then I don't know what is," Baekhyun retorted.

"Do you have any ideas on who yours might be?" Jongdae asked.

Baekhyun shook his head. He hated to admit it, but he felt a little left out. All of the other people that were in their group had already been claimed by their parent except for him and Jongdae. But, it's pretty obvious who Jongdae's parent is now.

Jongdae patted his friend's back. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find out soon," he said with a reassuring smile.

Baekhyun folded his arms and rested his head on the table. "I wish my mom was here. Then she could just tell me."

"Where's the fun in that?" Jongdae joked as he opened another book on the history of the beginnings of the world. When he noticed that Baekhyun wasn't answering him, he looked up and saw his friend's eyes beginning to tear up.

"I really miss her," Baekhyun whispered, a tear esacping from the corner of his eye.

"I know you do," Jongdae said. His grandmother started coming into his mind. How was she? It's been awhile since he has seen her last. Was she worried about him? "I miss my grandmother just as much."

"Do you think they even noticed that we're gone?" Baekhyun asked.

"Of course they did. There's no way that they wouldn't notice we've been gone," Jongdae replied.

"Actually, they woudn't," a voice suddenly said. A figure emerged from behind one of the bookshelves, revealing a tall man with an owl tattoed on his right shoulder. His eyes looked tired, but somehow seemed to be overflowing with wisdom and knowledge. "We haven't met before, but I'm sure you have heard of me." He slightly bowed his head.  Huang Zitao, son of Athena."

The two boys stood up and bowed. "We are-"

"Kim Jongdae, unclaimed son of Zeus," he said while looking directly at Jongdae. He then turned his head to the boy standing next to him. "And Byun Baekhyun, parent still unknown."

"How did you-"

"That does not matter," Zitao stated. "You two are homesick, worried about your family."

The two boys nodded.

"They are not worried about you. The Mist has made them believe that each of you are on a long school trip. Even though you will never return home, they will not question it. You will begin to cease from existence."

Silence.

"W-what do you mean?" Jongdae asked.

"It is normal for this to happen. The Mist makes it seem as though you never existed in the 'real world'. No one will remember you," Zitao explained.

"You're lying," Baekhyun whispered.

Zitao shook his head. "You know that I'm not."

And that's what frustrated and scared Baekhyun the most. He knew that he was telling the truth, but he didn't want to believe Zitao. He wanted to go home and see his mom and feel her warm hugs and eat her home cooked meals again. But, if she didn't remember him, how was he able to do that? 

Zitao noticed the looks on the young boys' faces. "Have you two ever heard of the brand Gucci?"

They shook their heads.

Zitao reached for his ear, took off his earring, and showed the boys. It was a small gold earring with tiny little studs in the shape of the letter G. "This earring was given to me by my grandmother before I was taken to this camp. She had told me everything about this camp and my real mother. She also told me about how I would cease to exist in her world and forget all about me. My grandmother, she was the inventor of the Gucci brand. I was the one that had came up with the name. It had been a very popular and well known brand, but when I left, she passed away and the brand began to fade away. No one knows about it anymore. This earring is the last product that Gucci had ever made." He put the earring back on. "Everything that you guys have made, helped make, or anything having to do with you will soon fade away and no one will remember anything."

"But, in the book, Percy's family remembered him," Jongdae said after a few minutes.

"Not everything in that book is true. Perceus liked to imagine that they remembered him."

Baekhyun sat still in silence trying to soak in all of the information he heard. No one would remember him. Not his mom, not his friends, not his teachers. No one. 

"I just wanted to tell you guys this, just in case. This way, you wouldn't have to learn this the hard way like the others." Zitao nodded his head to the two boys. "I will be taking my leave now."

Zitao exited the library, leaving the two boys behind. Jongdae looked over at Baekhyun who looked like he would break down any minute now. "Baekhyun..."

Baekhyun stood up and turned towards the exit. "You know what, I'm really tired. I'm going to go rest a bit before dinner. I'll see you later," he said quickly and left without turning back.

 

***

 

Sehun let out a long sigh as he Luhan's hair. It had taken awhile, but Sehun finally managed to calm Luhan down and the two were now in the Aphrodite cabin. Luhan was lying down on Sehun's lap and had fallen asleep.

There was a knock on the door, which caused Luhan to stir a bit because he was a light sleeper. The door opened to reveal a guilty looking Jongin. Sehun and Jongin met eyes. "What are you doing here?" Sehun asked.

"I...came to return something," he answered. Jongin reached into his pocket and pulled out Luhan's rubix cube.

Sehun's eyes narrowed. "Why do you have that?"

"I-"

"Do you have any idea what you've done to Luhan?!" Sehun hissed. "Do you know how much pain you caused him?!"

Jongin looked at the sleeping Luhan. "I'm sorry."

"Why did you take it?"

"It doesn't matter-"

"It does matter, Kim Jongin."

Jongin sighed. "It was Chanyeol. After losing the fight to Luhan, he wouldn't let me into the cabin. He said the only way he would let me in was to take something that belonged to Luhan. He didn't tell me how important this was to him, or that it would send Luhan into...this kind of state. I felt guilty about it, so now I am returning it."

"I forgive you." 

Luhan, who was now wide awake and heard everything, got up from Sehun's lap and smiled at Jongin. Sehun gave Luhan a look, which he ignored. "I understand why you took it. It was your way of surviving. So, it's okay."

"Are you sure?" Jongin asked, a little surprised at how Luhan was forgiving him so easily when not too long ago he was practically ready to kill someone.

Luhan nodded and Jongin handed the rubix cube to him. Jongin bowed and said, "I'm sorry again. I'll be leaving now."

Once Jongin left, Sehun spoke. "I don't like him."

"You don't like anyone Sehunnie," Luhan stated as he began to play with the rubix cube.

"Why'd you let him off the hook? I could've beat him up a bit for the pain he caused you," Sehun pouted.

Luhan shook his head and patted the younger twin's shoulder. "He was just trying to survive like we did back then."

"But still," Sehun mumbled.

Luhan chuckled and placed the rubix cube underneath his pillow. "I'm going to go eat now. I just realized I haven't eaten all day! Let's go Sehunnie," he said and tugged on Sehun's arm.


Crap. I just wrote a bunch of crap. Sorry guys. Please forgive me T_T