Sixth Piece: Seeing

Aquamarine Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Sunrises. They give out the hope I haven't had in a long time."   The corners of  Woohyun's lips started to fall downwards and his teeth were drawn out to chew on the bottom lip. He knew why Sungyeol said everything he said, but somehow that little remaining piece of denial he had kept in was itching. Admitting things surely was one of the toughest things a person could manage to do, it seemed, because deciding to admit something and actually admitting it were two completely different things and Woohyun was still stuck on the deciding part.   "They sure do." he mused, tearing his eyes away from the sun and turned his back on it, enjoying the warmth. "I would ask you why you're here, but now I see that the answer is quite obvious." he added, smirking.   "Is it?"   "Is it not?"   "Define 'obvious'. I might have come here to just watch the sun or I'm waiting for someone. Maybe both or neither. It could be something entirely different." Sungyeol smiled, not that Woohyun saw it, though. "Say, do you like guessing?"   "No, I don't." the other sighed. "I don't necessarily hate it, but I have to admit that I have never been a good guesser. Surprise me." he added, already smirking. He liked such conversations - kind of enigmatic, yet so light like a blow of a spring breeze.   "I have been coming here every once in a while to just watch the sun ever since I came back to Seoul. It's kind of relaxing, actually, knowing it would still be there. That is all there is behind me being here." Sungyeol explained.   Woohyun frowned. "I see." he murmured to himself; the 'since I came back to Seoul' confused him. He pushed it to the back of his mind, deciding to think of it later, though. "Are you going somewhere now?" he asked instead, smiling.   "Maybe." Sungyeol replied.   "Perhaps you'll want a lift then?"   The taller of the two turned to face the other. "I don't see why not." he said, already walking ahead.   Woohyun followed right after, having the sun's rays seeping into the black fabric of his jacket. It all felt so awfully familiar that he felt like the past was repeating the same way, just a few years later. Walking behind Sungyeol, having his back in sight; Woohyun felt like he had seen it somewhere before. But the images were blurry and so was his mind that very morning.   The ride went in silence, it seemed that neither of them had found the need to talk and it was comfortable that way. Woohyun couldn't help but occasionally glance at the passenger seat where Sungyeol was blankly staring out of the window, watching the world pass by. He held in the urge to sigh, because there simply wasn't more inappropriate occasion for that, and kept his eyes on the road, mouth sealed shut. That was until he realised he didn't know where Sungyeol was heading.   "Where do you want me to drop you off?" he asked after clearing his throat awkwardly - very much so.   "Wherever you like." Sungyeol responded, not moving an inch.   Woohyun didn't answer; sometimes the mystery around Sungyeol was a bit over the limit. Or perhaps it was just too much for his overworked brain. The ungodly hour added its share to the cup as well. And so he just muttered a soft "okay" before letting silence embrace them again.   It didn't take long before he pulled over in front of a not so large building where he worked. "I'd let you out somewhere else, but it's an undeniable fact that I'm late again." he apologised sadly.   Sungyeol just smiled at him, "There's no need to apologise." he said, "I said it's okay wherever you drop me, so thank you." he added, before getting out of the car with the other close in tail.   "If you don't mind me asking, where are you headed?" Woohyun asked as they trudged from the car park. After all, if he ran, it surely wouldn't change the fact that he was late anyway.   "To be honest, I don't quite know myself." Sungyeol admitted. "Life dances in various ways. I guess I'll just have to wait and see where it takes me next."   Woohyun grinned, "And until then?"   "You know, for someone who's late for work, you have too many questions for a random stranger." Sungyeol smirked, using Woohyun's words against him.   And so Woohyun replied in exactly the same fashion, "We're not strangers, though, are we?" he shot Sungyeol his million watt smile, before adding, "Till the next time then."   Then he fastened his steps and soon disappeared from Sungyeol's sight. Sungyeol was smiling lightly to himself as he walked away slowly; he could say that it was the first time he felt something that slightly resembled happiness. Little did he know that there was someone with them all along, listening to their every word, watching their every step and taking evidence.

 

Looks that meant nothing but disinterest were shot Myungsoo's way as he penetrated through the little crowd of st
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter