Second Piece: Leaving

Aquamarine Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: To prevent misunderstandings, Boohyun is Woohyun's brother here, okay?

I just avoid mentioning names of characters that have just a tiny role.

Sorry 'bout that, beginnings tend to be boring, I still haven't learned how to not make them boring 

Hatred had always been quite a close emotion to Woohyun, especially when it came to annoying people and mornings where the victim of his growing rage would be his oh so hated alarm clock. As he slammed the thing to get rid of the insufferable noise, he groaned into his pillow at the mere thought of the work he had ahead that day.

Reluctantly, he forced himself to get up, absent-minded wandering around the house, gathering needed papers and after changing, he got out, heading towards his car. He wondered if there really was going to be as much work waiting for him as he thought and if that was so, Woohyun could as well go and kill himself. The effect would be the same.

He threw his bag at the passenger’s seat, when he suddenly remembered the night before. As if on cue, his eyes immediately went to search for the blue-eyed stranger he’d seen before. Seeing that the lot was completely deserted, Woohyun was utterly embarrassed. In the first place, why was he even looking for that boy?

He wiped those thoughts off his mind, assuming that the alcohol from the night, despite it being just a small amount, still had not vanished yet, and sped away from the apartment complex.

Taking a turn at the crossroad, he almost got involved in an accident, spotting a familiar tall frame with light brown-haired head on its top.

“Good morning, sir.” his secretary greeted him with a blinding smile as soon as he stepped in.

“Morning.” Woohyun returned the smile, even though he did not feel like smiling at all.

It was Monday again, the most hated day out of the seven, and Woohyun, naturally, belonged to that group of people who despised Mondays the most. Not even his secretary’s pretty smile worked on making his day at least seem better. Maybe he became too used to her smiling at him every morning, he thought. After all, she was just a human too.

“So what’s on the to-do list today?” he asked, attempting to sound a bit more cheerful and failing miserably.

With her in tail, he half-listened to her as she started to list every single thing he had to do that day, every single meeting he had to attend. She was conscientious enough to announce everything again right before it had to happen. He liked her, there were not many people who would be diligent as well as rigorous when it came to work. And just like that, it was supposed to be. Needless to say that besides the fact that she was pretty, she was also proud enough not to try something on him. There certainly were not many people who wouldn’t want to start something with someone with Woohyun’s looks.

He was grateful that he had her.

“Also, your brother called earlier this morning asking for an appointment with you.” she finished her speech, with a small sad smile. She also knew about Woohyun’s deceased mother, however knowing that he had never once even mentioned her, she never brought it up.

“My brother?” Woohyun looked rather amused than surprised. “Interesting. Could you please call him and tell him that he can come immediately? I still have half an hour before the first meeting, am I right?”

“Yes, but are you sure?” she asked, sounding a bit worried.

“Yes, I am. It won’t take longer than ten minutes.” he assured her with a smile.

“I’ll call him then. Do you need something else?”

“No, that’d be all. Thank you.”

She merely bowed then and left. Woohyun chuckled lightly to himself as he turned around to his office’s windowed wall and stared out on the skies pouring their tears down on the city. Woohyun didn’t understand the meaning of tears or crying whatsoever anymore. The last time he remembered he cried was when he saw his brother crying after their mother, not exactly in sober state, hit him because of something he, according to her, should have done, but couldn’t have done so as there was school piling up over his head. That was the last time Woohyun cried; he was eleven at that time. Ever since then, truth to be told, he had never seen his brother cry either.

That night, all those years ago, had done something to the both of them as they had spent it crying with each other. One would have thought they would get closer after that. And indeed, they did. However, once the elder had found his special someone, he had left Woohyun and moved with his girl to the States. Of course, he still paid occasional visits to his little brother.

They had still become distant over the time; somehow their mother’s funeral deepened the tiny rift between them and so Woohyun wondered what did the elder want to talk about on that rainy Monday, though the answer was more than crystal-clear.

Soon there came a knock on his door.

“Come in.” he said, still looking out on the busy city.

Already by the sound of the steps, Woohyun recognised that it was his brother coming in. Aside from other things Woohyun felt at that moment, he was impressed.

“That was fast.” he remarked, turning from the window.

“I have always been fast.” the elder smiled lightly and took a seat right after Woohyun had gestured him to do so.

“Yeah.” Woohyun chuckled. “So, why are you here?” he asked then, smile fading away.

“I’m going back to the States.”

Woohyun grinned again a bit. “I expected that as much.” he said. “And? I don’t think you just came to tell me bye, you’d send me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter