Chapter 10

Loving you

Chapter 10:

Junjin didn’t care anymore. He stormed out of the mansion and ran until his legs couldn’t keep going anymore. He stopped next to a wide tree and started to dig his jeans’ pockets. When he found his lighter and the cigarette package, he squatted down and frantically hit the button of the lighter until he saw fire and moved it under the cigarette he had slid between his lips.

 

Junjin sighed and a dark cloud escaped from his mouth when he saw something from afar.

------------------------

Andy rolled the wheels of his chair and tried to get out of the party. He moved and moved and moved trying to get into a distant place to just be alone. He finally found a park where he drove near the bench and took a look at it. He sighed.

 

Andy straightened his arms and rolled his wheels once more before he was in front of the bench. He looked around the park and smiled. Finally alone. There was no one. There was no one to annoy him, worry about him or worst of all pitying him. He hated pity. He hated the pity everybody showed to him. He hated to be pathetic.

 

He put his hands onto the handles of the wheelchair and pressed so hard that drops of sweat appeared onto his forehead. Andy mumbled encouraging words to himself as he slowly managed to lift his body from the chair and slightly swift his balance to his arms.

 

“It’s not that hard.” He laughed happily as he was getting closer to the bench. “They all just exaggerate.” He muttered while reaching to the bench with his free hand. “I am perfectly fi—“

 

Andy had forgotten to put on the break and the wheelchair budged under him and his right hand slipped from the chair and he lost his balance. He kneeled down to the ground, holding the edge of the bench trying to lift his body onto them and swift his body onto the icy cold bench.

 

“Alright, Andy,” He spoke out loud. “You can do it. You have to do it and you will do it.” He muffled. “You have to show that you can be independent.” He gritted his teeth when he counted to three and fidgeted his body with his hands.

 

“One, two, three.”

 

When his knuckles were white and arms started to feel tired, he groaned. He wanted to get onto the bench dammit. He had to get onto it. He once more groaned and tightened his grasp on the edge when he felt two strong arms curling around his waist, pulling him up.

 

“You should be careful, Andy-sshi.” The voice said. “What if no one had seen you?” He asked.

 

Andy gritted his teeth and mumbled, “That was what I wanted. No one to see me.”

 

The man laughed and helped Andy onto the bench releasing a breath when the other gave him a death glare. Junjin, who was the man, stared at him back.

 

“What?”

 

“Why did you follow me?” Andy snapped. “Did someone send you? Did Eric send you?” he added.

 

Junjin lifted his arms as a defense and the cigarette between his lips wiggled. “No,” He said. “As a matter of fact, I was here before you.”

 

Andy tsked.

 

“No, really. I came here and then saw you and…well…you know the rest.”

 

Suddenly Andy blushed. “So, you saw everything?”

 

Junjin nodded.

 

“Oh, .”

------------------------------

Eric had escaped to the bathroom. He couldn’t face Hyesung or his parents. He was so shocked. The kiss with his best friend had been odd. Not that odd but still odd. It had been hot and nice. It had been something Eric had never felt before. It was something he thought never existed. It felt like Eric had always waited for it to happen and when it did, he couldn’t believe it.

 

His heart never stopped beating. It was still increasing every time Eric thought about Hyesung and how his eyes had slowly gotten open or how his lips had been swollen after his ravishing. It was too hot. It was too lovely. It was too much for best friends like Eric and Hyesung. Besides, Eric didn’t even like men. He had always been straight. He had never even thought that he could fall in love with a man not to mention Hyesung who he loved in the most heteroual way.

 

Right?

 

Did he perhaps feel more towards Hyesung?

 

“Nonsense.” Eric mumbled while looking at his reflection from the mirror. “It’s ridiculous.”

 

A sigh.

--------------------------

Hyesung fled after the kiss. He ran into the guest bathroom and closed the door after him. He pressed his back against it and held his chest that kept rising under his palm. He felt his beating heart and the adrenaline that ran through his veins. He was speechless. He was stunned and appalled. There was nothing in the world that could describe his confusion right now. He was so bewildered.

 

Eric had kissed him. He had kissed him back. He had moaned, Eric had moaned and their arms and hands had grabbed whatever they could only to deepen the kiss. Just the thought of Eric’s arms around Hyesung’s slender and thin waist made his heart almost explode.

 

But of course he didn’t feel anything towards that man who had different women in his bed before their engagement. Of course he didn’t feel anything towards the man whose faults and errors he knew. Of course he didn’t feel anything towards the man who he had known almost half of his life. It was ridiculous. Eric was his best friend and he loved him as a friend and brother. Falling to someone so imperfect and annoying was ridiculous. Hyesung loved Eric as a family member. It was normal. They were normal and a kiss would never break them apart. Hyesung would never fall for him.

 

Right?

 

There was love between them now?

 

“Nonsense.” Hyesung muttered hand still rubbing his chest. “It’s ridiculous.”

 

A sigh.

--------------------------------------

“So,” Junjin interrogated boringly. “Why did you escape from the party? I thought you wanted to celebrate your brother and my boyfriend.”

 

“I didn’t.” Andy replied. “I just looooove drinking.”

 

Junjin chuckled. “Right. Who wouldn’t?”

 

“I shouldn’t be drinking though.”

 

“Why?” Junjin leaned against the backrest and closed his eyes, cigarette between his fingers. “Are you alcoholic or something?”

 

“No, I wish. I get thoughts from it.” Andy murmured. “Terrible mostly. But I don’t care. I just love how it poisons my mind and gives me new feelings.”

 

Junjin frowned. He had been frowning a lot lately. It all started when he started to work with the arrogant bastard, also known as, Andy who kinda –for his own shock and unpleasantness- fascinated him. “What do you mean by terrible?”

 

“Well,” Andy smiled. “Thoughts about dying.”

 

Junjin startled.

 

“Thoughts of drowning myself.” Andy commented.

 

Older man turned to look at the disabled man, confusion plastering all over his face.

 

“Thoughts of like, revenging my parents’ death by killing myself.” Andy shrugged. “Mostly thoughts like that.”

 

“You aren’t serious, right?”

 

“Of course I am not serious, you idiot!” Andy yelled. “Why would I kill myself?”

 

Junjin shrugged but didn’t notice how the look on Andy’s face remained sincere and serious. Younger man heard a sigh from Junjin’s mouth. Annoyed yet relieved sigh. He hadn’t gotten used to Andy’s dark humor yet. Well, what he didn’t know was the fact that Andy wasn’t lying. He really waited for death.

 

“Hey,” he asked.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can I have one of those?”

 

“What?”

 

“One of your cigarettes. I feel like having one right now.” Andy answered. “Don’t worry. I have been smoking before. No one actually knows it so don’t you dare to tell anyone or I will kill you, you stupid idiot!” He continued threating.   

 

Junjin hesitated for a long time.

 

“Please,” Andy pleaded. For the first time he pleaded, really, really pleaded.

 

“What?” Junjin tried to hear that desperate plead again.

 

“Ple—I won’t say it again! I don’t plead!” Andy shouted. “Just give it to me!”

 

“I give this to you, IF,” Older man whispered. “You tell me who that woman was.”

 

“What woman?”

 

“Don’t pretend, Andy-sshi. I know you knew her.”

 

Andy pouted. “Fine. I will tell you…but you give that cigarette first.” He spoke.

 

“It’s a deal then. Here,” Junjin said and passed the package to the disabled man who squealed like a girl. “What is Sun Ho?”

 

“My real name.”

-----------------------------------

Minwoo was looking for Eric who finally exited the bathroom.

 

“Where have you been?”

 

“I was there. I ate something bad. Perhaps those weird looking fishes.” Eric explained. “What’s up?”

 

“I just wanted to ask that…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“What was that kiss between you and Hyesung? It was really—“

 

“Don’t get me started Minwoo. I know. It seemed too real, we are more than just best friends and we should break this engagement now. That’s just bull.” Older man shook his head.

 

“No, Eric ah.” Minwoo stated steadfast. “You totally messed up. You shouldn’t have kissed him like that. Hyesung is taken, remember? And his boyfriend is here! How could you do something like that in front of Junjin?”

 

“Of course I knew that Jinnie was here! I wouldn’t have kissed Sung ah, if he hadn’t given his blessing.”

 

“What blessing? Do you hear what you’re saying?”

 

“Aish,” Eric palmed his face. “I don’t love Hyesung, okay! I can’t love him. He is my best friend! Why don’t you realize it!? WE ARE JUST BEST FRIENDS!”

 

Minwoo followed his friend who stormed away from him, repeating the sentence ‘Just best friends.’ Minwoo knew that Eric was stubborn and irritating but that his brain would be that thick was new to him.

 

“Where is Andy when I need him?”

--------------------------------------

The man on the wheelchair heaved a sigh that was dark grey. The smile on his face was as wide as on a person who had just enjoyed a large amount of drugs, of course he didn’t use drugs.

 

“So your real name is Sun Ho?” Junjin questioned and when Andy nodded he went on, “where does Andy come from?”

 

“I changed it…after I met her.”

 

“Why?”

 

“She…well…I don’t know how to tell you but…she was a bit crazy.”

 

“How come?”

 

“She was totally in love with me although she’s my nuna.”

 

“Is she? Wow! She looked so young.”

 

“I know.”

 

“So,” Junjin leaned closer to Andy who wrinkled his nose as a sign of disgust. “What happened? Why did you change your name?”

 

Andy sighed. “She liked it.”

 

“That’s it.”

 

“Yeah, well...yeah.”

 

“You’re strange.” Junjin commented and slid the cigarette between his lips before discarding it to the ground and stamping it.

 

“I like Andy though,” said the young master.

 

“So do I.” Junjin spilled out and they both realized it, making them frozen on their spots. “Sun Ho sounds a bit gay.” Older man added. 

 

“Right,” Andy laughed, awkwardly, while throwing his own cigarette to the ground and letting Junjin to stamp it. “That’s why I changed it.” He mumbled.

--------------------------------

When Hyesung exited from the guest bathroom, he saw his boyfriend entering the mansion with Andy who looked tired. Of course his strength wasn’t as lasting as others and so he got tired easier.

 

As soon as they were properly inside the mansion and no one was actually looking at Hyesung, he grabbed his boyfriend’s wrist and pulled him towards the closest room. In there he pressed his back against the wall and kissed him roughly. Junjin gasped shocked and tried to fight himself free but Hyesung was too strong.

 

“Hyung,” Junjin whispered. “Stop it.”

“No,” Hyesung murmured.

 

“I am not in the mood.”

 

“I need you, Jin ah.”

 

“Not when I am angry, hyung.”

 

“Jin ah,” Hyesung landed his mouth onto the crook of Junjin’s neck and inhaled heavily. “Don’t ever leave me please. I don’t want to lose you. Promise me Jin ah.”

 

Junjin looked at him and saw devastation.

 

“Hyung, what are you talking about?”

 

“Jin ah,” Hyesung started to cry. “Whatever you do, don’t leave me. Even if I am acting stupidly, don’t leave me. I don’t want to lose you.”

 

Younger male retreated from his hyung, wiped his tears and flashed him a meaningful smile that was a bit sad too. Hyesung sobbed and sneezed.

 

“Okay, hyung,” Junjin whispered. “I love you too much.”