Chapter 9

Suju By the Dozen

A/N: Thank you for everyone who stayed subscribed. Had fun writing this!


Is everyone ready?”

Donghae's father yelled up the stairs. Donghae straightened out his red bowtie and shot Eunhyuk a look. Eunhyuk avoided his gaze fixing his own bowtie.

Why was he still ignoring me? He thought.

Yes he did spread rumors about IU but he didn't like her. She was taking Eunhyuk away from him! He needed his twin by his side, without him it was lonely.

Donghae! Eunhyuk!”

Dad's calling.” Eunhyuk said, walking past him out the room.

Donghae frowned and followed after him. Was Eunhyuk ever going to forget that girl?


Jungsoo gathered his 12 children in the living room. He was really nervous. His kids really needed to leave a good impression for the sake of his relationship.

Okay, now all of you, please be on your best behavior.” He ordered.

Yes.” His kids chorused together.

Jungsoo eyed Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, and Donghae specifically.

They all smiled back innocently.

Oh please be good you three...

Someone's knocking on the door!” Kibum announced running towards the hallway.

Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!” Jungsoo paced the room.

Daddy breathe!” Sungmin tried to fan him.

DAD IT'S ONLY HANGENG!”

Kibum's shout rang out. Heechul took off immediately and Jungsoo let out a sigh of relief.

Okay, we still have some time. Ryeowook, Yesung can you set the dinner table?”

Yes.” They said in unison and left.

Okay everyone try and stay clean alright?” Jungsoo warned.

His children nodded.


Heechul smiled as he spotted Hangeng standing in the doorway. He looked handsome today with his short spiky hair and leather jacket over a white v-neck.

Can I come in?” He asked with a soft smile.

Heechul nodded. He then looked at Kibum who was still standing there. “Beat it.”

Kibum raised his eyebrows in disbelief then slinked away.

Hee--”

Heechul pounced hugging the taller man tight.

Heechul?”

Thanks for coming.”

No problem at all.” Hangeng chuckled. “I couldn't let you do this alone.”

I know you couldn't. Now come on.” The older boy pulled him by the hand. “We better join the others.”


There was a knock on the door. Jungsoo turned from straightening Donghae's bowtie.

It's him!” Zhou Mi squealed.

Jungsoo brushed at his shirt. “Okay...let's go.”

He and his 12 children including Hangeng marched over to the hallway. Jungsoo reached for the door.

It's now or never...

He opened the door.


Hello...” Youngwoon smiled nervously. He then saw the masses of bodies behind Jungsoo. His eyes went a little wide.

Hey.” Jungsoo smiled back at him. “Come in please.”

Youngwoon stepped inside immediately overwhelmed by children.

Hello.”

Hi!”

You're not that tall.”

He's handsome!”

Hello again.”

Have you gotten your STI check up?”

Yo!”

I'm hungry.”

Do you love my Dad?”

He's not that handsome!”

Yeah he is!”

Want to play with me?”

No with me!”

Kids...” Jungsoo pushed them away. “One at a time.”

A handsome tall boy walked up to Youngwoon and bowed. “Hello, I'm Siwon. Nice to meet you.”

Youngwoon nodded. “Nice to meet you too, Siwon.”

A smaller boy with scruffy hair bowed. “Hello my name's Donghae.”

I'm Yesung.”

Hello, I'm Kibum.”

Sungmin.”

A tall boy with a certain kind of sass walked up to Youngwoon. “Hello I'm Zhou Mi. Future fashion designer.”

Youngwoon smiled. “Nice to meet you Zhou Mi.”

Zhou Mi blushed and ran over to Sungmin, the two began giggling to themselves.

This is Ryeowook.” Jungsoo pulled over a shy boy. “Ryeowook you've meet Youngwoon.”

Hello.” Ryeowook squeaked not quite meeting Youngwoon's eyes.

Hello there.”

Ryeowook ran into the crowd of kids with a squeal.

I'm Eunhyuk.” Another kid took his place, he had a gummy smile.

My name's Henry!”

Hello.” Youngwoon nodded.

I'm Heechul as you know. And this is Hangeng.” Heechul came up with a taller boy.

Hangeng is Heechul's best friend. He comes over a lot. He's almost part of the family.” Jungsoo added.

Oh. Hello.”

Hello sir.”

I'm not sir!” Youngwoon protested turning red.

Sorry.” Hangeng bowed repeatedly.

Jungsoo ushered everyone to the dining room. “Come on time for dinner.”

Youngwoon followed last with the second youngest, Kyuhyun.

Hello there, I don't think we got introduced.” Youngwoon smiled.

Kyuhyun looked him up and down and smiled. And not in a friendly way, but in a more devilish manner.

Hello...Youngwoon.”

This kid! He called me by my first name! Who does he think he is?!

Youngwoon determined not to let Kyuhyun get to him simply nodded back. The boy's smile, however, followed him all the way to the dining room. 


Before we continue with our meal, I want to ask for something.” Siwon announced as the kids, Hangeng, Kangin and Leeteuk sat around the table.

The delicious smelling food had been set and already Shindong and Donghae were picking at it. They were given a stern look from Jungsoo and settled down to listen to Siwon.

What is it, hon?” Jungsoo asked.

Can we pray?”

Heechul let out a dramatic sigh.

Heechul...” Jungsoo warned. He then turned to Siwon and gave him a nod.

Siwon grabbed hands with Eunhyuk and Donghae. He motioned everyone to do the same, then cleared his throat as he began.

Dear Lord, we thank you for the food we are about to eat tonight. We ask you to bless this family including the people who aren't family by blood but family nonetheless.” Siwon looked at Hangeng. “We also like you to bless a newcomer into our family. May he and my father find all the happiness in the world.”

Jungsoo and Youngwoon exchanged looks before going back to bowing their heads.

Also--”

Can we eat now?” Heechul interrupted loudly.

Heechul!”

Heechul gave a scoff. “Now he's just dragging it out!”

Heechul you will respect--”

Why are you always so against it!” Siwon demanded.

Oh why wouldn't I be?! You know you only got involved in that stupid--”

You're stupid!”

Oh watch out God, we have a sinner here!”

The only sinner here is you!”

ENOUGH!” Jungsoo snapped, red in the face. How could these two do this to me! Didn't they see we had someone over?! Someone I loved!

He looked over mortified at Youngwoon. The man merely smiled back. As if everything was okay.

Oh Youngwoon, bless your patient heart.

He turned back to Heechul and Siwon.

Now can we please enjoy our meal?”

The two boys mumbled “yes” and began eating with the others.

Sorry about that.” Jungsoo smiled uneasily.

It's alright. It happens.” Youngwoon shrugged.

They began eating, Youngwoon complimenting Jungsoo's cooking skills. In the times Jungsoo had cooked for him he'd never gone without a compliment from the man.

It made Jungsoo squirm in delight.

Hey Donghae hyung!” Kyuhyun called from across the table beside Eunhyuk.

Donghae looked up and was met with a face full of rice.

Yah!” He giggled scooping his own rice in a spoon and flinging it at him. They shot back and forth until Donghae hit Eunhyuk.

The older twin immediately stood up and screamed. “YOU CAN'T THROW THAT AT ME! YOU'RE NOT MY BROTHER!”

Jungsoo who was about to spoon feed Kangin stopped midway leaving the man with an open mouth.

WHAT.”

What do you mean I'm not your brother?” Donghae asked near tears.

Eunhyuk what's going on?” Jungsoo looked from one twin to another.

Donghae told everyone horrible things about IU and now she doesn't want to look at me!” Eunhyuk explained. “Donghae ruined everything!”

I don't like her!” Donghae growled.

I DON'T CARE!” Eunhyuk screamed.

Donghae, Eunhyuk!”

Maybe I can help?” Youngwoon spoke up tentatively.

Huh?” The twins and Jungsoo glanced at him in surprise. Along with the rest of the others.

It seems like Donghae is jealous because he's used to having Eunhyuk by himself. And he also hasn't developed an interest in girls like Eunhyuk has.” Youngwoon said.

Donghae's selfish!” Eunhyuk muttered.

Donghae stuck out his tongue.

No no, you guys are twins you shouldn't act like this. Instead you should support each other. Donghae you should respect Eunhyuk's decisions and encourage him to be with IU. You have to learn to share. Eunhyuk you need to learn to understand your brother's feelings because one day if he likes someone the same thing might happen to you.”

A dead silence filled the room as Youngwoon finished his words. He looked around slightly panicked. Had he said something wrong?

Suddenly Eunhyuk burst. “Wow! SO COOL! Dad! You never told me he was so smart!”

Dad Youngie! Welcome to the family!” Donghae called.

Everyone began buzzing with excitement.

Jungsoo smiled with utter adoration as Youngwoon flushed with modesty.

I really didn't--”

Now can we go back to eating?” Shindong asked exasperated.

Hyung you were eating anyway.” Kibum protested. “Look you finished all your food!”

I know.” Shindong patted his belly. “But I want seconds!”

Everyone laughed and dinner ensured with a joyous atmosphere. Youngwoon had alnost forgotten the smile Kyuhyun had gave him before.


Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap!

Youngwoon fled up the stairs nearly about to blow. Where was the bathroom?! Upstairs to the right or left?

He tried the left and opened each door until he found the bathroom. With a relieved sigh he went in and exploded.

Oh God...” He gasped.

What happened to him?! Usually Jungsoo's food was excellent. He then thought he heard laughing as he let out another almost painful fart.

Was it Jungsoo? Was he laughing at him?

I guess I am pretty ridiculous right now. He bowed his head. The laughing continued, but now he could make it out better.

It sounded like a kid.

Kangin's mind flashed back towards Kyuhyun's smile.

Oh...


Jungsoo walked up to the bathroom. Had his food been that bad? Youngwoon fled unusually fast up the stairs.

I hope he's okay. He thought.

He then came toward the hallway and saw Kyuhyun with an ear to the door laughing.

Kyuhyun?”

The boy jumped and looked panicked for a moment before composing himself.

Yes father?”

Kyuhyun did you do something to Youngwoon?” Jungsoo demanded putting his hands on his hips.

Kyuhyun hesitated giving it all away. “No father.”

Kyuhyun, please, let's not play dumb.”

Fine...I gave him laxative. Kibum says it works wonders.”

Jungsoo hit him in the back of the head. Kyuhyun winced.

That was rude and very wrong. Apologize when he gets out.”

Yes father.” Kyuhyun nodded looking near tears.


Youngwoon came out making sure to spray perfume and disenfectant and leave the window open.

He was surprised to see Jungsoo and Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun...” Jungsoo motioned to him.

I'm sorry.”

It's okay.” He managed.

Jungsoo and Kyuhyun looked up. “Eh?”

I mean I get that this is new to you and maybe you think you're not going to have your dad to yourself anymore.”

Kyuhyun laughed. “What?

Youngwoon blushed. “That's not it?”

I just like pranks, I put some in Sungmin's food too.” The boy explained. “I like you though.”

Um...okay.”

Kyuhyun go downstairs.”

The boy nodded and ran off.

I'm really sorry about that.”

It's fine, Jungsoo.” Youngwoon waved it off. “I'm sorry for ruining your toliet though.”

Jungsoo smiled. “I guess we're even then.”

As they walked towards the stairs, Sungmin shoved past them. The poor boy's face was red and constricted.

Oh dear.” Jungsoo murmurmed.

Kyuhyun then ran past them, laughing.

He and Kangin exchanged glances, but decided to just go downstairs. What was done had been done.


As Youngwoon and Jungsoo walked into the livingroom, all the kids were sitting on the floor circling Heechul and Hangeng who were on the couch.

What's going on?” Jungsoo asked.

No one made a sound.

Is Hangeng telling you guys about his home country?” Jungsoo sat on the opposite couch, Youngwoon taking a seat beside him.

Hangeng exchanged a glance with Heechul.

Actually Dad,” Heechul began. “I wanted to tell you that Hangeng and I—well we've been dating, for a couple—since middle school—actually since I was twelve...”

WHAT?!” Jungsoo sat up in alarm.

I want you to approve of our relationship.”

Youngwoon saw Jungsoo's features change from anger to betrayal to shock.

This must be a lot to take in.

It wasn't everyday you're oldest son announces he's gay with a foreign kid since the age of 12.

I...I don't...” Jungsoo flustered. He then looked at Youngwoon. “I guess I'm not in any positon to...Was now really the best time?”

Heechul nodded vigorously.

I...how can I not?” Jungsoo sighed. “I mean look at me.”

Youngwoon stood and gave his arm a pat. Jungsoo smiled, grateful.

Heechul smiled. “Thanks Dad!”

He and Hangeng then hugged.

Thank you, sir.” Hangeng got on his knees and bowed his head to the floor. “I will do my best.”

Hangeng! That's quite alright.” Jungsoo protested. “Come on son please get up.”

Hangeng looked over at Youngwoon.

Youngwoon looked at Jungsoo. “Is he...?”

Jungsoo shrugged, confused.

Um, you can get up now?”

Hangeng got up and went back to sit on the couch, but not before bowing several times.

Well then...now you've seen everything.” Jungsoo joked.

Youngwoon chuckled. “I'm actually wondering what's going to happen next now.”


By the end of the night, Youngwoon had become fully integrated into the family. It was like he had always been apart of them.

He's so perfect...Jungsoo sighed as he watched him cradle Henry in his arms.

When it was time to go the kids who were still awake were reluctant to see him go.

Come back soon Youngwoon!” Sungmin called.

Bye!” Yesung waved along with Shindong and Kyuhyun.

Goodnight!” Zhou Mi called.

Jungsoo ushered them to bed. “I'll walk you out.” He said to him.

Youngwoon nodded.

I had a good time.” Youngwoon said as he stood in the doorway.

Really after all that drama?”

Every family has to have a little bit of drama now and then.” He reasoned.

Thank you.”

For what?”

For accepting them and me. It means a lot.” Jungsoo said looking sincere.

I want to be a part of your life Jungsoo. Even if that comes with twelve kids and a foreign boyfriend.”

Jungsoo blushed looking at the ground. “I...”

I love you too.”

No actually I was going to ask if you wanted to move in with me.” Jungsoo laughed. “But that too!”

Oh. Oh!” Youngwoon looked surprised. “Well...”

I know it's sudden, but the kids really like you and I want you to be a part of my life too. All of it actually...” Jungsoo trailed off scratching the back of his neck. He then looked up at him. “Will you think about it?”

Yeah...” The younger man nodded.

Alright, eh...good night then.”

Good night.” Youngwoon leaned in for a kiss.

It was short and sweet, just like their first one. Jungsoo recalled.

I'll see you soon.”

Okay.”

And I'll definitely think about it!” Youngwoon called as he walked away.

Jungsoo nodded.

He then closed the door.

One...Two...Three...

There was knock on the door.

I was wondering when you would remember.” Jungsoo smiled as Youngwoon handed over a sleeping Henry, who had been on Youngwoon's shoulder the entire night.

Yeah wouldn't want to take an innocent kid like him to my apartments the grannies would pinch his cheeks to death.”

Jungsoo giggled. “Good night Youngwoon.”

Goodnight Jungsoo.”


Kangin moved in the following day.