Chapter 4

Suju By the Dozen

Jungsoo went home the next day feeling as if he was in a dream.

That morning, he had awoken with a pair of arms around his waist. It felt strange seeing as he would normally do that to his wife.

When he turned and saw Youngwoon, he almost had a panic attack but then recalled what had happened the night before.

Youngwoon liked him, and Jungsoo was okay with it.

What did that mean exactly?

The whole morning had been fine, they dressed and ate like friends, it was only when Jungsoo was leaving that Youngwoon leaned in for a small kiss.

It was short and sweet and Jungsoo found himself blushing and saying a hasty goodbye before running off.

Once he settled back at home, he waited impatiently for Youngwoon’s call.

“I really shouldn’t be like this…”

“Be like what?” Eunhyuk, one of the twins spoke up behind him.

“Whoa!” Jungsoo turned around and gave a weak smile. “How long you’ve been standing there Hyukkie?”

“I came in and you were talking to yourself Dad.” Eunhyuk smiled his gum smile that Jungsoo and his other siblings had grown to adore so much.

His wife especially, she had said that smile of his would have ladies swooning from miles away one day.

"Yeah well..." He trailed off. "Wait why are you here? I thought Heechul took you and Donghae to the park."

"Me and Donghae had a fight." Eunhyuk said his smile fading.

"Fight?"

The twins never fought they were closer than...well kimchi and rice. Choco and pie. Heechul and unlimited texting.

"There's this girl in our class. Her name's IU. She's pretty." Eunhyuk was turning pink as he spoke.

Jungsoo smiled. Aww his baby! He had a crush!

"She liked how I danced for Show and Tell. But Donghae doesn't like her. He says she has lice and farts a lot."

"Maybe Donghae is jealous?" Jungsoo suggested.

"He likes IU too?"

"Maybe. Anyways, you should talk to him and maybe you could solve this. You guys are brothers, you shouldn't ever fight for a girl...or boy." He added.

"Boy?" Eunhyuk looked confused.

"Yes, Hyukkie. It's okay to like guys too..." Now that your father kissed one. Several times...

"Okay..." Eunhyuk gave a small smile. "Thanks Dad...and can you cook please? Everyone's hungry. You look at your phone too much."

He then backed away and ran out.

That boy...

Oh but he was right. Youngwoon was clouding his mind too much, he couldn't even remember that he needed to feed his kids!

Time to get to work then... He'll call sometime.


Youngwoon ended up calling three days after.

Jungsoo felt slightly offended. He wasn't a girl. And he had been dying for his call.

"You could have called sooner." Jungsoo tried to keep his tone neutral.

Youngwoon seemed to pick up the irritation. "I'm sorry. I just didn't want to seem desperate."

Jungsoo blushed. "I..." He sat up from his bed. "Are you calling me desperate?!"

"No!"

Jungsoo sighed.

"Okay, how about this. I'll call you when I want to. Not when it's required or anything. No dating rules okay?"

"Okay." Jungsoo agreed. He at his bed's sheets shyly. "Are we dating?"

"I...don't know. What do you think?"

"Well we haven't exactly gone out...like that."

"Yeah you're right. I haven't even asked you out!"

Jungsoo laughed. "Shouldn't I ask you out? I'm older."

"You're too soft. Besides I'm your Promise Keeper."

"I don't even remember what promise I had to keep." Jungsoo replied indignant.

"You promised you'd be happy for that one day. Now I'm here to make sure it's everyday."

Jungsoo felt himself get goosebumps at the words. Youngwoon sounded so...kind...yet passionate. He rubbed at his arms. What was this feeling?

"Thank you." He said.

"You're welcome. Now you want to go out? Let's go see a movie."

"Okay..."

"I'll pick you up."

"No, I'll pick you up!" Jungsoo practically yelled. His kids were all here! What if Kangin saw one of them?

"Alright hyung, I get it you don't want to be classified as the woman!"

"Exactly." Not exactly.

"Okay. Pick me up at 8:30."

"Okay."

"Bye honeyyyy."

Jungsoo grinned. "Bye honey."

He hung up and set his phone on the nightstand by his bed.

"Dad?"

He jumped and whirled around to see Sungmin standing in his room looking stunned.

Oh no!

Oh no!

Nooooooo!

"S-Sungmin?"

"You're going out with a guy?"

"How did you---"

"I heard everything you had your phone on speaker." Sungmin replied, crossing his arms stubbornly. "Don't try and deny it!"

"Sungmin, I...I'm sorry!" Jungsoo burst out crying. "I didn't want to...I mean your mother! I--I can't do this--I feel so guilty! I'm so sorry! I'll break it off! I'll tell him no one can replace your mom--I'll---"

He reached for the phone.

"Dad no!"

Jungsoo turned to look at his son.

"I'm okay with it." Sungmin said. "Really Dad. I don't mind it. I think it's better than some girl off the street. He's your friend right?"

"Yeah. My best friend." The man nodded.

"It's...cute. You fell in love with your best friend."

"Sungmin." Jungsoo cut in. "It's not like that. I like him as a friend and I like him as a person, but I don't think I'm in love with him. What about your mother? I can't just betray her like that!"

Sungmin frowned. "I don't think Mama would like to see you so sad. You've been sad Daddy. That guy makes you happy, I can tell by your voice."

"You kids make me hapy too." Jungsoo protested.

Sungmin shook his head. "Go to the movies Dad."

He then left before Jungsoo could say any more.

Sungmin knew...but he was okay with it...would his other sons be as accepting?


"Whoa its chilly out here!" Jungsoo shook in his white jacket as he and Youngwoon stepped out of the car.

"You should have brought another jacket." Youngwoon said.

"Yeah..." Jungsoo pulled out his thin jacket with a pout. He hadn't expected it to be so cold though.

His mind flew back to Sungmin.

He knew...was he telling the others right now?

What would he do?

Why did I leave the phone on speaker?! That was so foolish!

What was he doing coming in like that anyways?! Oh that's right I left the door open...wait. Why did I leave it open?

Oh that's right so that pesky moth would get out...

Damn. I should have made Sungmin promise not to tell anyone.

Then suddenly a pair of big arms wrapped around his shoulders.

Jungsoo jumped. Youngwoon?

He felt the man's hot breath on the nape of his neck. It gave him warm shivers.

"What...what are you doing?" Jungsoo looked around wondering if anyone was staring but passerbys gave them non-commitable glances then carried on.

"I'm getting you warm."

Now that he realised, he was getting warm. Youngwoon was like a living furnace. He stopped squirming and stood there, quietly.

He could almost hear Youngwoon's heartbeat.

Was it weird that it felt good?

Was it weird that he wanted to turn around and kiss him?

Was it weird he didn't want him to stop?

Jungsoo pushed his questions away and finally spoke up. "We're going to be late for the movie."

"Oh well."

"Youngwoon!"

Youngwoon pulled away and gave a chuckle. "Alright, Mr. Punctual."

Jungsoo shot him a smile. But he felt a little disappointed at himself. He liked being like that. He liked being held. It was new and strange but it felt good.

Why was he fighting so hard?


"I really enjoyed the movie."

"Hm."

"Are you okay?"

Jungsoo turned from glancing out the window. "Yeah."

"You seem a little...thoughful today."

Jungsoo laughed. "Yeah I guess I am."

"Is anything bothering you?" Youngwoon pressed.

"No." Yes.

"You sure?" No.

Jungsoo nodded. He couldn't tell Youngwoon about his problem with Youngwoon. It didn't make sense.

Ohhhh!! How did I get myself into this?!!

They made it to a stoplight and Youngwoon turned and pulled Jungsoo forward by the back of his head. It happened so quickly, Jungsoo couldn't even react.

Youngwoon kissed him hard. It wasn't like the soft ones he had given Jungsoo before. It was hard and full of passion.

It lasted for what seemed like minutes, in reality it was only 30 seconds. Youngwoon let go as the light turned green and kept driving as if it never happened.

Jungsoo sat, stunned out of his mind.

Whoa.

That kiss had sparked something.

Something that hadn't been sparked in a while. Something below the belt...

Jungsoo tried to fight off dirty thoughts, but they came anyway.

Was Youngwoon like that in bed?

Was he rough and...forceful? Or was he soft and gentle? Maybe a little of both. He probably liked to slowly kiss and touch then brutually...

WAIT STOP!

No!

NO!

"Youngwoon."

"Yes?"

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Kiss me."

"When?"

"Right now."

"Define 'right now'."

"Youngwoon!"

Youngwoon shook his head. "Why can't I kiss you without there being a reason?"

"I..."

"You're still in love with your wife. I know that."

Jungsoo cringed. How did he know that? Was he that obvious?

"It's okay. I understand."

"I'm sorry."

Youngwoon smiled. "She must have been amazing."

"She was..." Jungsoo smiled wistfully.

"Don't try so hard with me. It's okay...we can still act like friends."

"But you don't want to be friends." Jungsoo pointed out.

"If that's what it takes to keep you in my life so be it." Youngwoon said softly.

Jungsoo glanced at him. His flat face and sprinkle of freckles that were barely visible around his nose. His high cheekbones, intense eyes, his lips...

He wasn't a woman.

He was a man.

He wasn't Kang Sora.

He was Kangin.

Sora was gone...and Youngwoon...he made him happy.

"No."

Youngwoon turned. "Huh?"

"I don't want to be friends either."

"But Jungsoo I still want to be friends, did I scare you away?"

"No no, I meant I want to try being more than friends too." He smiled. "I want to try."

Youngwoon smiled back and reached out to rub Jungsoo's cheek before turning back to the road.

He was going to do it.

No going back.

He had to at least try.


Hope you guys are enjoying it so far!