Chapter 4 : Kris

EXO ONESHOTS

Love gone wrong

19th October 2013

 

~~~∗∗∗~~~

It was close to noon when I was making my way down to the cinema. I stole a glance at the clock on my phone and quicken my steps. I couldn’t afford to be late. I promised my best friend, Soeun, that I would not ruin the day for her. The day, she was finally introducing to me her secret crush that she’s been telling me about for the past weeks.

I came to a stop at the traffic light, across the road stood the red coloured cinema. I searched around for Soeun and finally I saw a petite figure waving extra enthusiastically towards my direction. My lips broke into a smile and waved back. Then my eyes caught a tall guy standing next to her. A familiar vibe hit me. The light went green and I made my way across the street. My eyes locked on the tall guy. Soeun came running to me and pulled me into a bear hug. We shared our usual greetings and then she tugged on my arm.

“Come on! I’ll introduce you to him!” Her smile never left her face.

She stopped in front of that same tall guy I saw from across the street. We stood in front of each other and our eyes met. He was so tall that I had to tilt my head upwards to look at him.

tumblr_mngezwhzYE1s9u2h1o1_500.gif

“Yi Fan! let me introduce to you my best friend!” Soeun gleefully cheered, “This is—”

“Kim Haebin, we meet again.”

-

That was the start of my complicated love story.

It turned out that my best friend was talking about the same Kris that helped drove me home on one snowy winter night. I had gone off work and it was snowing really heavily. There were barely anyone out in that cold weather but I had to head home. Apparently Kris, a stranger, was kind enough to offer me a ride home when I was sitting at the bus stop freezing. At first I didn’t agree on being taken by a Stranger but he told me it wasn’t wise to be sitting out in the cold that late at night.

It was almost a year ago, but yet, Kris remembered my name though I never got his.

-

“I got free tickets, thought you would want to go with me.” Kris flashed two tickets to a basketball game. I let out a sigh and turned my chair around to face him.

“You barge into my office without the approval of security just to ask me that?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah.”

I rolled my eyes, “You know I don’t favour Basketball. I know Soeun would be glad to accompany you, go ask her. In fact, I’ll ask her for you.” I pulled out my phone and skim through my contacts list.

Kris’s brows furrowed. “I asked you not her.”

“And I told you I won’t go with you,” My eyes never left my phone.

It was silent for a while before I heard Kris whispered, “Won’t you ever give me a chance?”

I stopped and closed my eyes. My head started to throb.
“Kris, we’ve gone through this so many times. I can’t.”

 Kris’s palms slammed down on the arm rests and leaned in. I jerked and opened my eyes to see Kris’s face too close for comfort. I leaned back into my chair but Kris came closer. My hands landed on his shoulders, trying to push him away.

“You can’t deny your love for me Haebin,” Kris’s voice sent shivers down my spine,” I know you enjoyed that kiss as much as I do.” His fingers crept up my neck, softly brushed them against my skin. Guilt filled my chest as I recalled what happened at Soeun’s party a few nights ago. I watched as Kris’s eyes landed on my lips. I was vulnerable under his touch. My body always seem to respond to him in a way lovers would. I felt him leaning in. My mind was screaming for him to stop but my heart was yearning to feel his lips on mine again. I was being pulled into two directions.

This is wrong! Soeun likes Kris! Push him away!

 Finally, I turned my head away. My heart was racing. Kris sighed and finally pulled away slightly.

“I love you Kim Haebin,” He mumbled, “And…it drives me crazy thinking about you.”

Slowly, Kris straightened himself and before I knew it, he was out of the office. I groaned as I felt another headache pounding against my skull. This was starting to get out of hand.

The night at Soeun’s party was a mistake.

I recalled that night, how Kris had confessed that he loves me. It was out of the blue and unexpected.

“I love you Kim Haebin how many times must I say it?” Kris confessed as he had me pushed against the wall of Soeun’s guest room. His hands pinning my wrist on the wall. His body dangerously close to mine. I stopped struggling and looked up to him. Kris’s eyes were softly gazing at me.

After pulling myself back together I finally repeated myself, “I said you can’t, Y-You can’t love me.”

“Why not?”

My brain didn’t function properly. I tried to make an excuse but Kris knew the reason why.

“I know Soeun likes me,” Kris spoke straight forward.

I wriggle my wrist trying to break free, “Yes, she likes you. She’s head over heels for you.”

tumblr_mt0lh19rYr1rz8onyo1_500.gif

Kris pulled closer bending down a little. I felt lost in his eyes. Being lured in and not being able to get out. My skin was tingling at his touch. Tears started to well up in my eyes. I heard the laughter and chatter of the party guests and the soft beat of the music at the backyard. Soeun. I was betraying Soeun. That was all that was going through my mind.

“But I met you first, and I couldn’t forget you ever since.” Kris whispered, “You have no idea how happy I was when I saw you walking up to me with Soeun that day. I finally found you again.”

It was difficult to breath. Kris didn’t even have half a mind of letting me go.

“B-but, Soeun likes you.” I felt the tears run down my cheeks.

Kris hushed me as he wiped the tears away with his right thumb. “Don’t cry, Haebin. Please.”

I turned my head away, “I can’t love you Kris. Let me go, Soeun might be looking for me.”

Without another word exchanged, Kris smashed his lips on mine. My yelp was muffled and I tried to push him off as he forced himself on me. More tears were rolling down my cheeks as Kris was still planting kisses on me. My hands were starting to lose their strength, he was too strong. I whimpered a little as he nibbled on my lower lip. His hand on my hips were holding me in place. I gave up.

I stopped struggling and Kris sensed it. His hasty and impatient kiss became more soft and loving. Without myself knowing, I responded to his kisses. Everything was spinning feeling his lips on mine. It made me feel as though I was on cloud nine….

I’m sorry Soeun,

-

“Goodnight Mr Ahn! Have a pleasant weekend!” I waved to my boss on the way out of the office. I was dead tired. My muscles were aching and my head was pounding after the amount of work load for the week. Sighing, I clung on my handbag and began my walk to the subway. It was a very long journey home but I couldn’t afford myself any personal transport.

My heels clicked against the stone pavement. The night breeze was chilly. I scrolled through my phone for any new messages or missed calls. None.

I slipped my phone back into my handbag and continued walking. But I stopped, 5 meters away from me was Kris leaning against his white sleek car. His hands tucked in the pocket of his jeans. I did a double take when I realized he was shivering. He was still in the clothes he was wearing a while ago. Our eyes met and Kris straightened up. He pushed himself off the car and opened the door. Knowing that gesture very well, I groaned and chose to ignore him as I continue making my way. I didn’t even manage to get a metre away from him when he yanked me back. Not taking my opinion into consideration, he dragged me to his car and made me sit in the passenger seat. He jogged over to the driver’s seat after slamming the door shut. The engine roared to life and we were off.

Neither of us said a word. I maintained my posture as I stared ahead. Kris too kept his eyes on the road as he steered us to where ever we were going. It was a good 15 minutes’ drive before we reached a café Soeun & I loved to visit during our college days. Kris parked the car and I looked inside the café. Not expecting it, there I saw Soeun seated inside sipping her coffee. I turned my head to Kris with a cold stare, “What is this about?”

“I’m going to come clean and tell her I love you and not her.” Kris spoke as he unbuckled his belt and went out of the door. My body froze. Soeun.  Kris opened my side of the door and motioned me to come out. I stared blankly at him.
“Don’t do this. You don’t know how fragile Soeun is!” I plead. Kris let out a frustrated sigh and bent in to unbuckle my seatbelt himself and tugged me out of my seat. “Kris!” I yelped as he grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards the entrance of the café. Soeun was still oblivious to our presence. Finally I managed to break away from his grasp.

“How can you be so heartless?!” I yelled not caring if anyone was looking at us.

Kris towered over me, “I’m not being heartless, I’m being honest. You did this to me Haebin. If Soeun is the reason you’re not accepting me, I’m going to have to do something about it.”

I pushed him away. “You’re not going to do anything about it! I will never love you even if Soeun doesn’t like you! You’re a monster!”

I turned to walk away but Kris held me back. Pulling me towards him, his lips smashed against mine. I squeezed my eyes in discomfort and tried to shout but they were muffled. Finally I managed pushed him away.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

“Haebin….” A voice quivered.

Finally, I noticed Soeun standing among the small crowd that had formed behind. Guilt filled me as I panicked. Had Soeun seen that?  Kris straightened up and looked at me. Our eyes fixed for a second.

“W-What is this about? Why…why did the two of you…” Soeun looked horrible. She looked like she was betrayed.

I turned to Soeun trying to swallow the lump in my throat and telling her that it wasn’t as it seemed. However, Kris cut me off.

“We’re dating.” Kris bluntly spoke. My eyes widened and tried to deny it but Kris grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him.

“Eun…we’re no-”

“So it is true…” Soeun was the one to cut me off this time. I was surprised at her statement. She then continued, “I wasn’t imagining it. That was both of you in my guest room during the party right?”

My jaws dropped. I wanted to deny it but it was the fact.

Soeun laughed. I saw through her, she was hurt…. A deep scar was in her heart.  

“I’ve always thought the two of you were matched together. Both of you were always together.”

Soeun was trying hard to hold back her tears. Her eyes met mine and I was ashamed of myself.

“I’m really glad one of us worked it out,” Soeun directed it to me. I shook my head with tears running down my face. Soeun gave me a sad smile, “I think I should be heading home now, before….” She sniffed and whispered, “Before I break down.”

“I’m sorry Soeun,” Kris spoke as Soeun tugged on her cardigan, preparing to walk off.

Soeun walked pass us without another word.

This is a love story gone wrong, 

 

~~~∗∗∗~~~

 

I know the ending is rushed, 

i'm sorry i've not been updating. 

I'm not going to use any excuse, 

I'm a bad author. 

I'm sorry. 

 

(maybe i'll do a sequel to this when i'm free) 


School has been killing me,

please don't anticipate an update so soon :(