Minho's story

Becoming Key

After Jonghyun leaves, I force Minho to sleep in my bed, despite his complaints. I go stretch out on the couch knowing I am not going to get much sleep.  The lumps force me to stay awake.
I hear the pitter patter of big feet, and sit up to see Minho standing in the doorway. His eyes fill with tears as he sinks to his knees. Instead of forcing him to get up or explain myself, I sit down next to him and let him cry. When Minho's sobs calm, he opens his mouth to explain. I shush him, and go la down with him in my giant plushie bed. Minho's breathing slows indicating a deep sleep. I don't know when I feel asleep but I get the best night of sleep I have had sense my mother died.
"Key hyung?" Minho asks, waking my up. I roll over and look at him.
"I'm sorry and thank you. I don't know why I broke down in front of a complete stranger." He rolls on the his back and stares at the ceiling.
"Sometimes it is easier to talk to people you don't know or care about." I explain.
"Can I tell you why?, will you listen?" When I don't reply, he goes on, "As Jonghyun said, I was adopted. You know Jonghyun's abused, even if he doesn't talk to you about it, he comes here. I guess I get the majority of the abuse, Jonghyun tries to help but it makes everything worse."
He pauses trying to collect himself, " They found out I was gay four years ago, thats when it started. I wasnt even aloud to go to school. Jonghyun found out and tried to stop them, but his own life got complicated then. They found out he was gay, too. All hell broke loose, they refused to believe him. Things got worse for both of us, Jonghyun ended up in a coma because of me. When he came to, after months of waiting, they couldn't stand me."
Minho trails off, knowing he is just rambling now. I smile at him, and roll over to hug him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Author Note~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my god, I am so sorry to those people who wanted to read this/ actually like this story. I don't even have an excuse as to why it took so long to update, I just forgot about it. My goal is to get a chapter up every two weeks at least. Thanks to those who put up with me and will continue to read!