Minho

Becoming Key
Soon after meeting Jonghyun, we became really close friends. People warmed up to me quickly too, seeing as how I was not so depressing to be around anymore.  I didn't talk about personal things, but let it be light conversation.... Okay, I didn't talk to anyone but Jonghyun about my personal life. Jonghyun would sometimes come over in the middle of the night, his face tear streaked, with bruises all over his body. I never asked him what happened, and he told me when he calmed down. We could sit in silence and be comfortable. More and more, Jonghyun started to stay with me, and I can't say I mind in the least. 
I hear a knock on the door, and look at the clock. 1 am, so it would be Jonghyun. I get up and answer the door. I see Jonghyun, no tears, no trace of pain his face. I can only stare at him with a question in my gaze. Jonghyun side steps, and pulls a tall frog like boy into view. His hair long and shaggy, his pretty face smudged with dirt.
"Who is this?" I ask, unsure about his frog face. Jonghyun smiles, but it is not a smile that reaches his eyes. His face looks like I just rejected his request. But I was just wondering who the tall mystery boy. I pull them both in, or try to. I pull Jonghyun inside, but when I touch the boy, he flinches and hides behind Jonghyun. Which doesn't work because he is so tall. I want to yell at the boy, but that would make the situation worse, and probably scare him away. I sit in a chair, and let Jonghyun and the boy sit together on the couch. I stare at Jonghyun in tell he starts talking.
"This is my brother.... Well, My step brother?, More like adopted brother, who was my moms friends kid, then six years later his late dads wife and my dad ended up together." Jonghyun explains. Lets sort this out. This boy is a child of Jonghyun's moms friend, who ended being adopted, then later the boys fathers wife married Jonghyun's dad. Jonghyun did say something about having a complicated family.
"What's your name?" I ask the boy, instead of stressing the details. Jonghyun opens his mouth to answer, but I hush him. The boy fidgets under my stare and mumbles, "Minho." Even though I hear him just fine, I tell him to repeat himself. Minho says his name a little louder Asking once more, Minho answers with a fiery confidence. I smile when I hear what I want.
"Well, Minho, Why is it that Jonghyun brought you hear?"
"You would have to ask Jjong hyung." I smile when Minho says this, knowing my best friend is random. I look at Jonghyun.
"It is break starting tomorrow, and I dont want Minho to be left at our home all week without me, take him in for break please." Jonghyun pleads. A few nights ago Jonghyun came over crying that he had to go to camp, because his parents were sending him. 
"Minho, Would you be okay living here for the break?" I ask. I mean, I am not going to force the kid to stay with me against his will. Minho seems surprised I asked his oppinion. 
"I don't mind...." Minho finally decides.