Stale cookies

Becoming Key
I grab the candy and carry it all the dinning room table, I go get the note off the fridge, so I can read it while eating.
"Dear bummie, Don't read this while eating. You have a bad habit of that, and no one is there to stop you from choking. I assume you came within a week of my death, so the cookies should be fine. I left a note explaining everything in the dining room. Hey, Bummie?, Umma loves her little boy.  Yup, I called you little boy, what are you going to do about it? ;p But on a serious note, I left my recipe book in the fridge, You probably think I am weird right?, Of course you do, I am your mom.
-Umma, out! (To cool for your Umma? I kind of like it ~__~) "
I feel myself choke up,  but stop myself. I munch on the candy, though it's a weird Chinese brand she found somewhere. Oh well. The cookies are stale, but, she did have to leave them for a while. I should go shopping for food tomorrow. Actually, tomorrow is Monday, and a new student it coming, I should go to school. Maybe it will be my chance to make friends. I will go shopping after that. 
My eyes start to get heavy even though I am sitting at the table. I better go to bed. There is an alarm clock in the unlocked room, I don't even turn the lights on to look around. I set the alarm an hour before I need to go to school, and pass out, I am not even sure if my head hit the pillow before I fell asleep.