Memories..and Traumas..

Only Learned Bad Things

HI OMG SORRY I COULDN'T UPDATE FOR SO LONG UGHH SCHOOL IS GETTING IN THE WAY OF EVERYTHING T-T BUT AT THE SAME TIME I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF MY SUBSCRIBERS FOR BEING LOYAL AND PATIENT AND NOT UNSUBSCRIBING. IT'S A SHORT ONE.. -_- THANK YOU, SORRY, AND I HOPE YOU GUYS ALL ENJOY THIS CHAPPY! 

Baro's P.O.V

I took the long way home, so that I could think about Yoojin more.

That cute little chipmunk... *sigh*

The sun was soon setting, and the moon began to reveal itself.

I walked into the little building, took the elevator up, and got into my apartment.

I went into my bedroom, changed into comfortable clothes, and plopped onto bed.

I glanced at the picture of me, my mother, and my father.

It brought back many memories... and also many traumas.

I held the photo in my hands and Mom and Dad's faces with my thumbs.

I walked outside of my apartment, suddenly feeling lonely.

I walked towards the park behind my apartment.

It was breezy, getting to the point where it was getting a bit cold.

There was a small hill, where my mother and I once sat when I was in 7th grade, looking up into the sky, looking for "Father Star"

I still remember the last conversation with her on this hill, at this very spot.

Umma was tired, and my adolecent mind had taken over. I really wished it didn't..

First, Appa had left her... 

*FLASHBACK*

I just remember when he passed away. I was about 3 years old, and Umma, Appa, and I were in the car.

I was whining, and Umma had basically given up on me. 

I tugged on Appa for attention, and because he didn't react, I climbed over to the front and screamed even more.

Because of my stubborness, I jumped onto him and began to bother him.

Suddenly, a huge truck was coming, and Umma tried to pull me off.

Baro-yah, we'll be home soon and Appa will play with you later. Now get off.

I really don't know what the hell was wrong with me.

Appa had JUST noticed the truck and was about to turn away from it, but I tugged on him, making him turn towards it.

And then it happened.

The car flipped over completely, then tilted to Appa's side.

It WAS pretty scary at the moment.

I remember still screaming, because Umma had passed out, too, and no one said saod anything.

I was crying and screaming. Appa was bleeding, and there I was, on his lap, tugging onto Appa.

There was a piece of glass that cut my leg and about two bruises on my face, but it didn't seem to matter.

I had wanted more attention.

3 ambulances came, and the car had been surrounded by police and firemen.

The fireman busted the doors open and had carried me out.

They first put me in an ambulance, and I was still screaming.

I was immediately taken to the hospital.

The glass shard had been removed from my leg, and was cleaned. That really stung.

A kind nurse noona was trying to calm me down, after I was bandaged.

Umma was in the bed next to me, looking faint, and Appa was nowhere to be found.

This horrified me, but noona held me in her arms. I don't know how she managed me.

Noona was really nice. She talked with me and gave me some candy.

I had finally stoped screaming, but I still cried, even with a piece of candy in my mouth.

She let me stay in the children's playroom, so that I could enjoy the toys there.

Noona will be at the front desk, so if you need something, just come here. She said.

Suddenly, my tears had come to a stop.

There was a girl, who was probably my age, and she was pretty.. 

There she was, in the corner and crying.

I remembered the girl's appearance.

She wore jean shorts and a white t-shirt that had a yellow star in the middle.

Her hair was short, and she had bangs.

I remembered the candy that the nurse gave me. I tapped her shoulder and she looked at me.

I wanted her to stop crying and be happy, it didn't go well with her pretty appearance.

Yah. Stop crying. You aren't a baby anymore. I said.

I opened her hand and put the candy in there. After I did so, I ran away, outside of the playroom, looking for noona.

I think the little girl stopped crying. I ran to the front desk, tugging on noona.

I whined, I want Appa... Appa... Where is he?

She carried me and walked to the room.

Appa was on a bed, his face bloody, looking faint.

Nurses surrounded him.

Appa's heart had stopped beating. The machine made its last, long, beep and I only saw a white line on the screen.

I was now in Umma's arms,because noona walked over to the other nurses.

Time of death, 4:35 PM.  Noona announced.

Silence fell across the room. 

Umma and I began to cry.

This time it wasn't for attention.

And this time I didn't scream.

It was all tears.

Appa, I-I'm sorry......Appa....Wake up... Play with me... I cried, knowing that he was now gone..

However, even after he had passed away, I had been so horrible to Umma.

Yet she still loved me.

Afterwards, I was angry at Umma and Appa for spoiling me all this time, and was especially upset at Umma for forgiving me and still accepting me as her son, despite what I had caused.

Umma must have been so depressed.

I remember the time she passed away, too..

So I was 13, and Umma had taken me outside on this very hill.

Umma?

Yes, Baro?

How come we are just sitting here? I don't see anything but a moon and some stars.

Baro-yah..

What?

Do you see the brightest star over there? That's Appa. When I die, there I wil be, right next to Appa, shining with him

Umma. Stop talking nonsense. And by the way, that's called the northern star. Appa's dead, under the ground. Not up there.

Leaving Umma outside, I just walked into my apartment and watched TV adn soon fell asleep.

The next morning I was going to go outside for some fresh air, and I saw the most horrifying thing on Earth.

Umma was there, lying down on the ground. She was ripped up, scratched and bloody.

What the hell happened to her?

She had been beaten up by some animal, it seems.

I noticed peices of fur on her clothes here and there.

That's when I snapped out of my adolesence.

I picked Umma up and put her on my lap. Oh how thin she was..

I began to cry, and I stayed there, looking at Umma, so feeble, because everything was my fault.

It was my fault that Appa passed away, and it was my fault that Umma passed away.

* END OF FLASHBACK*

At the thought of being without them, my heart began to sink.

I looked up into the sky, hoping to see both of my parents.

There they were, shining brightly, side by side.

My eyes began to tear up, and the sight of them began to blur..

I bursted into tears, and fixed my position so that I was sitting on my knees, on the very top of the hill.

I began to cry, "Umma, appa, I want to apologize. The reasons you both passed away is because of me. I still remember everything and I feel like a HORRIBLE son. I want to apologize to you, Appa.. I just shortened your life, because I was being immature. I was so stupid and childish. Now, I regret being so spoiled by you, Appa. I wanted to make more memories, but now what's left is a trauma. Now, Umma, I need to apologize to you the most. Even after I caused Appa's death, you still accepted me and loved me as your son. You still spoiled me more, despite how rude i was being to you. Umma, you did not deserve that. You were tired and depressed, and my childish and foolish self didn't know that. I left you outside, instead of taking care of you, and I left you to froze to death. Being the only man left in the house after Appa had left, I should have taken care of you. Appa, I'm REALLY sorry for not taking care of the one you loved... I wish you guys were here.. I now have found my first love.. and she has found me, too. She's nice, and she's cute. You guys would have loved her.... I want to tell you that I am doing well right now.. Thank you for everything, and I really want to apologize. Please do not worry about me, as I can do well on my own. Umma...Appa... S-" 

I choked on my tears, and began to sob. "Sa- saranghaeyo.."

That's when I lost it.

I was crying, and I couldn't control my tears or my eamotion whatsoever.

I didn't care if people stared, I didn't care if the neighbours woke up. I just wanted my parents, right now..

Untill suddenly, I was embraced by a hug.

"Baro-yah..."