The Monkey In Yellow Robes

Perks Of Being A Weirdo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                          

        Kyungsoo didn’t really understand why this mystery guy was so dangerous. To Kyungsoo he was just a weird guy who liked big trees. There was something creepy about the guy but compared to the weirdos Kyungsoo had been around recently the stranger fit right in. Kai had been missing in action all week, even Baekhyun hadn’t seen him. It somehow bothered him that he wasn’t there but on the Brightside he had gotten so much work done and the end of the semester was all coming together. He handed up all his assessments on schedule and he still had time to sleep. Yes sleep the rare practice of resting oneself.

On Saturday night there was a knock on the door. Kyungsoo really didn’t want to get out of bed but Tao wasn’t at home and the door wasn’t going to open itself. Maybe he could ignore the person and soon they’d go away. Kyungsoo closed his eyes and rested his head back on the pillow. The pounding on the door grew louder and soon it was impossible it ignore anymore.

“H-“Kyungsoo started when he opened the door only to see Jongin standing there with his hands in his pockets.

“Can I come in?” He asked looking at Kyungsoo this time.

Kyungsoo said nothing but just stepped aside allowing Kai to stroll in. He dropped down on the couch patting the seat next to him for Kyungsoo to sit.

“Look,” they both started at the same time.

Kai awkwardly looked at a nervous Kyungsoo with smile then continued,”You first,”

Kyungsoo cleared his throat then finally said,”I guess what I’m trying to say, is I’m sorry that I treated you that way the other night,”

Kai chuckled,”That’s okay,”

There was silence until Kai stood and padded to the kitchen. Kyungsoo’s eyes followed him all the way to the refrigerator. Kai began to dig in search of food like nothing had happened, like the atmosphere wasn’t awkward as hell a few seconds ago.

“So you’re not going to tell me why you warned me about that guy?” Kyungsoo asked standing about to walk into the kitchen as well.

Kai froze for a bit with his hand on the nutella. He straightened up and looked at Kungsoo seriously again,”I told you he was dangerous and he is. Please listen to me when I say stay away from him,”

“Why, what makes him so dangerous Kai?”

Kai clenched his fist,”He is a very bad person and he can hurt you so if you ever see him again, just don’t talk to him okay?”

  Kyungsoo just looked at him saying nothing. Kai just took a deep breath before eyeing Kyungsoo gentler this time. He looked like a little kid denied his right to have candy at Halloween. Something about that made Kyungsoo’s eyebrow twitch a bit.

“Okay?” he repeated.

“Okay,” Kyungsoo answered not really trusting him but just to get that ridiculous expression off his face.

“Nice,”Kai commented, “Now make me a sandwich .”

Kyungsoo widen his eyes,”Excuse me?”

“Please?” Kai pleaded.

Kyungsoo turned his back not even wanting to see Kai at that moment but something in him gave in. He found himself sitting next to Kai while watching a Korean drama later that night and he wondered why the hell he had a soft spot for Kai. Maybe he just felt bad for messing up Kai’s good intention at the party. Maybe that was it, he definitely didn’t have a soft for Kai. All that aside, he looked over at Kai who had fallen asleep on the other side of the couch and he felt a smile appear on his face. Kai was annoying sometimes and just a pain in the but having him there made life a little less for Do Kyungsoo. He couldn’t explain it to himself even if he tried.

Just when Kyungsoo was about to get up to clean the coffee table of their plates and cups, he heard a faint cry from Kai. His mind tracked back to when he saw Kai crying in his sleep that other time. He wondered if it was it a recurring thing.  Nightmares were one thing but repeated nightmares meant that something could be wrong. Aside from thinking that Kai was just a kid having nightmares, he was concerned. What if Kai had a pretty messed up childhood an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter