Chapter 5

A Gift From Prince

After getting our tickets, we went to MacDonalds while waiting for the movie to start which would be approximatelyan hour. While I get a seat, Kris went to get some fries and drinks. "Here you go." Kris handed me a tray of 2 large fries and drinks as he sat down. "It has been some time since we've last met... How have you been?" Kris decided to break the ice and starts a conversation.

"Err.... fine, I guess. But granddad... he misses you." I replied while eating drinking gulps of water, trying to hide the fact that I'm nervous and awkward. "How is he?" Kris chuckled upon hearing me mentioning grandfather. "He's fine. As usual..." I smiled awkwardly in return. "Haven't you ever wonder why I haven't been over at your house lately?" Kris suddenly asked, catching me off guard. His question made me bewildered and him staring right into my eyes makes everything worst than it already was.

Feeling so, I looked everywhere but at him but I could still sense his stares. Probably getting impatient by me not replying, he probed again. "Why do you hate me? Did I do something that you dislike?" He frowned, and his expression was as if he's anxious and worried what my answer would be. "N-no. That not it, it's just..." How could I tell him that it's because seeing him hurts so much because of my feelings for him? "Just that you're annoyed by me going over so frequently?" Kris asked again.

"No," I sighed, "that not it. It's just that I..." I frowned, not knowing what to say to avoid further misunderstandings. "Just that you're being awkward?" Kris tilted his head and asked. "Probably," I answered, hoping he'd be satisfied with my answer. "Why?" He asked, again. Not wanting to answer any more, I decide to distract him from this topic. Noticing a group of girls sitting in front of us staring at Kris, I nodded towards them, "in eyes of others, what do you think they'll perceive us as?"

Turning to the direction where I nodded at, Kris gave a cold look at them before turning back. He's probably annoyed by their mumbles of "god, he's hot." or "OMG, he's so my type". But it got them squealing, saying how cool he looked. "What do you think?" Instead go answering, he asked me for my opinion, with a smile. I don't get what's going on in his mind. Not at all.

"I-I..." I stuttered, not knowing what to say. Saying friends would be too vague, saying couples ... he would probably laugh and mock me for it. I looked around hoping to get out of this topic, I realised the movie is starting soon. Great! I cheered mentally. "Movie is starting already, let's go." I got up and was about to leave but he held me back. "No. Unless you tell me what you think or we'll just stay here." Kris said firmly, tightening his grip around my wrist. Tight enough that I can't escape from it, but not to the extend of hurting me.

"Er... 2 guys." I answered without thinking and he laughed at my answer. He couldn't stop laughing, not even when we were about to enter the theatre. "Can you stop laughing already?" I frowned. Kris wiped the tears that came out due to him laughing too hard. "Okay." He answered and continue snickering. "


"The movie is so great!" I couldn't get over the fact how disappointed I was to know the 2 leads could possibly be siblings. "Yea. I agree. The mixture of romance and the actions etc is great." Kris agreed as we exit from the theatre. "So... where are you heading to now?" Kris look over at me and asked.

"I don't know. It's early to go back but there's nothing to do anymore." I answered with a frown. Time flies when you're enjoying the moment. "Let's take the tour train." Kris suggested as I looked at him, shocked. It's an ideal place where couples would date cause the seats are all in twos and a space for couples to stand together, cuddling, while looking at the scenery outside is at the back of the train.

"Err. I guess it's fine." Let's take it as a date, between us. And once this day is over, I'd try my best to get over him. I promised myself. "Great! Let's go!" He said happily, but too happy.

After getting onto the train, we head to the back where there's fewer couples. "What would you do if you're the guy, realizing the girl you are dating with could be your sister?" I asked, as I hesitated whether or not to tell him the scene I saw the other day. "I'd still be with her, after all there's also a possibility she is not." Kris answered seriously after giving a thought about it. "What if she fell for someone else?" I asked again. "I'll try my best to win her back if I still loves her. But if she falls for someone else and at the same time, I developed feelings for others, than there's nothing wrong with it."

So does it mean he likes someone else right now? Who? It can't be... he's probably just making an example. I shook the thought off my head.