Chapter 2

A Gift From Prince

Seeing my PE teacher's butch haircut somehow reminded me or Kris'. 'What's wrong with me?It was the first time I've thought of a guy so frequently. He has been appearing in my mind since last night, why? Is this what they meant by being attracted? 'No... it must've been because I'm lack of experience in relationship so I developed strange thoughts of being with him.' I tried to convince myself. Also, he isn't my type, to be exact.

He's too tall, too cool, too charismatic, too ... anyway he is too aggressive in a way and too strong, which doesn't match me in way too many aspects. The type I'd go for are gentle, caring and has a warm smile. Doesn't have to be too tall, 10 - 15 cm taller would do, which should be 170 to 175 cm. The most importantly, he must be able to tell that I am a she, not a he. But why does he always appear in my mind although he isn't the type of guy I'd like? 'It must've been because he has a strong sense of presence.' I told myself, 'it must be that way!'.

"Yah, what are you day-dreaming about?" Chaerin, my bestfriend, nudge me and asked. Due to us having our "friend" visiting us this month as usual, we have the privilege of sitting at the bench. Chaerin is an adorable and beautiful girl that guys from not only our school goes after. "Chaerin, lemme ask you something..." I hesitated for a moment before turning to her. "Yep?" She blinked couple times and looked at me. "Do I look really.... sorry?" I bit my lower lip and asked. "Eh?" Chaerin looked at me in surprise.

"Do I look ugly?" Must she made me say out the exact word for it? "Why would you be? I think you're pretty okay, in my opinion.." Why do I not sense any sincerity in her words? 'Honestly, you don't mean it, do you?' I asked in my head. "What, did someone said you're ugly?" she prompted. "No..." I sighed inwardly. Being called ugly or being mistook as a guy, which is worse? "Why do you asked than?" I paused for a moment before asking, "you won't laugh right?" Hearing my question, she raised her hand and swore, "I'll not laugh." She promised before looking at me with curiosity written all over her face. "What happened?"

"I was blackmailed." Her eyes widened at my words, "the point is not at being blackmailed, but it's at the fact that the other party thought I was a middle school boy." Chaerin remained silent and had a distorted expression. She is trying to hold back her laughers. "R-really?" I told her what happened, including the part whereby Kris saved me. "But you do looked like a boy." She said without giving a second thought. "You always have this short hair." "It's easier to tidy." I retorted. "You're always wearing a uni over-sized tee-shirt." I paused for a moment before arguing, "it's comfortable." Chaerin rolled her eyes, "you're always wearing either track pants or jeans." "It's easier to move about."

Chaerin frowned at all my excuses. "I think you should come over to my place. I'll give you a make-over and lend you some of my shirts." "Thanks, but no way." Her style and my style are total opposite just like north and south pole. There is no way I am going to wear those girly shirts and skirts or dresses out. No way.


The moment I entered the house, Minseok threw me a pink paper bag. "Take it." I looked at it with curiosity, what is this? Is he returning me the money? If that's the case, why must he keep it in a pink paper bag? Can't he just pass to me? Fiddling it, whatever that is inside doesn't felt like it's money. "Oppa, what is this?" "It's something Kris wanna give you." Eh? Something Kris wanna give me? I opened it and it was a pink hair clip.

"Kris said it's an apology gift. He's sorry for mistaking you for a guy that day." Is he in love with me?