Chapter 3

A Gift From Prince

For some reason, Kris has always been appearing at my house ever since the day I met him. 'Don't tell me he's in love with me?!' I gasped at that thought. "No. It can't be, oppa said he has a girlfriend.' 

"Wanna go on a group date?" Chaerin sat down next to me and asked. It was a short break time so she would come and chat with me since we're seated few seats away from each other. "Group date?" Chaerin nodded her head excitedly. It turned out that she got to know some random guy through her brother and they came up with a idea of each bringing couple of their friends on a 'group date', in hope to match-make those who are single which includes me. "Alright. I'll go."


Chaerin lent me her denim shorts, a off-shoulder cropped tee and a spaghetti top for the group date, in hope that I can get a guy I'd like. "I'm Kai, what's your name?" One of the guys sat down next to me and said. We are in a cafe, there were 3 guys and 2 girls, myself and Chaerin. "I'm Hyemin." We started talking about random stuffs and we found that we like the same movie stars. "Hey, wanna go KTV later?" Kai looked straight into my eyes as he asked. I wanted to say no but under their persuasion, I agreed.

"So... what's your ideal type?" Kai sat next to me again at the KTV room while the rest were enjoying themselves, dancing and singing along to A-Pink's NoNoNo. "I like guys who are tall, cool, with short hair, and very manly..." I said, in hope that he wouldn't mistook that he's my ideal type. It must be Chaerin who told him what my ideal type used to be. "B-but I heard from Chaerin...." "Oh, I've changed." His eyes widened and scoffed, that cheeky smile that was on his face was now gone. ".... waste of my time." He got up and sat with the boys at other corner.

I looked at him unbelievably. "There's fire!" Upon hearing it, everyone ran out of the room. "C-Chaerin..." I looked around yet could not find her. Choking because of the smoke, I decided to leave first and look for her outside. When I got out, I looked around but she's gone. I was about to call her handphone than I realised, my handbag wasn't with me. I must've lost it while running out of the room. I frantically looked about, trying to look for someone whom I can approach.

"Girl..." I turned around and saw a guy with short hair just like Kris', wearing a black suit. He looked like those gangsters seen in movies. "Don't cry." He quickly said as he saw tears welling up in my eyes. "Come, shall I bring you to the information counter?" I stood there without moving, he chuckled as he saw me not moving an inch. "You must've thought I am a bad guy, right? Here, call your family than." He took out his mobile phone and handed to me.

I dialed back home and it was oppa who picked up the call. I told him what happened than I heard Kris' voice in the background asking what happened. Shortly after, I heard Kris' voice again, "Hyemin, where are you?" I looked around, trying to look for a signboard and than I saw one. "I'm near XOXO club." I tried to calm myself down and tried to speak without sounding as if I've cried. "What?! Okay, wait for me there!" He sounded panicky. "No matter who is it, don't follow them. Even if they looked like some good guy or what. Got it?" "Okay..." I returned the phone back and thanked him.

"I'll wait with you. It doesn't seemed safe here." Probably not wanting to scare me or something, he just sat there with his eyes close and did not speak to me anymore. Looking at him from the side, he somehow looked familiar. "Do you live far away?" He suddenly speak after a period of time. "It has been 40 minutes and your family isn't here yet?" I told him the street I lived in, and he nodded, "it takes more than an hour to travel here." He said. "My dad drives slow. He probably takes more than 2 hour to get here. Actually, you don't have to wait here with me.."

"No, if you're here alone, many would come and try to hook you up." He started talking about his son after asking for my age. "Hyemin!" I heard someone called me just when this uncle asked for my name. I turned around and saw someone other than my dad or my brother, it was Kris. "Are you alright? You ... eh?!" His eyes widened when he saw the uncle who was with me all this time. "You know him?" I asked.

"Dad?" After hearing explanation, I realised he is Kris' dad. After bidding goodbyes, we left. "Wait, you drove my dad's car here?!" Kris nodded, "I have my license, don't worry." We got in the car and while he was driving, he shot glances at my direction every now and than. "Are you afraid?" He patted me on my head and tears gathered in my eyes. Why is he treating me so good when I'm not his girlfriend? I know it clearly that I'm reading too much into his actions and he'd never like me.

Seeing I am not replying him, Kris showed his concerns by asking if I'm alright and questions like this. "Stop treating me so good, it's not as if I'm somebody to you!" I exploded without any reason. "I see... you must've hated me so much. I-I'll send you home." Kris said and drove at a slightly faster speed. The rest of the journey, he did not speak a word.