♥ 13 ♥

Playboy's Confession

                Everything happened in a blink of eyes, as soon as Woohyun brought out from the ambulance, the wheeled bed was pushed towards the emergency ward.

                Chorong faithfully stayed beside Woohyun- who could barely even open his eyes. She kept holding Woohyun’s hands. Although there was no reaction from him but that didn’t stop her from giving him some strength. She wanted Woohyun to know that he is not alone at that time.

“Sorry Miss but you can’t enter.”

                The nurse stopped her meanwhile the wheeled bed was already half entered the emergency ward.

                Chorong lifelessly just nodded in agreement. She stood there with sad eyes that were looking at the ward’s door. She covered her face with her hands. The tears did not stop coming out from her eyes. She felt regretful. If only she just accepted Woohyun’s love confession then it wouldn’t turn out like this. And while the thoughts kept playing inside her brain, suddenly her cellphone rang. Hurriedly she took it out from her handbag.

“Helo…” said Chorong as soon as the line is connected.

“Helo, darling where are you? It’s already late. Selena just called me and he said that you didn’t pick him up at the boutique.”

                Chorong’s mom voice sounded very worried.

“Eomma, I’m at the hospital.”

                While crying, Chorong told what exactly happened to Mrs Park Eunbi. She could not hide her nervous feeling anymore.

“Why? What happened?” Mrs Park started getting worried again. Worried that something bad might happen to her one and only daughter.

“Nam Woohyun… accident.” She could not hide her sobbing tears anymore.

“Jesus Christ! How is he right now?” asked Mrs Park. She was shcoked to hear that unexpected news.

“I don’t know, he’s still in the emergency ward. Eomma, I’m scared… I’m really scared.”

                She was really scared at that moment. In her heart she always prays that the doctor could save Woohyun. And at that time she saw a middle aged man walked towards her. Chorong knew that man. He’s David Lee the owner of Dynamic Store – World of FASHION. It is one of the most gigantic yet successful store clothes in South Korea.

“Eomma, anything I’ll call you back later. Reminds Selena for him to go back home by bus or taxi. I can’t pick him up right now.”

                As the line disconnected, she just realized that there were few miscalls from Selena. Maybe he called her during the chaotic event and she couldn’t hear it.

“Err… Mr David Lee,” Chorong braved herself to talk to him.

                David Lee looked at her. Giving a plain smile.

“Is Mr David waiting for Woohyun too?”

“Yes, I am…”

                David Lee nodded his head.

“I’m Park Chorong, Woohyun’s friend.”

“Oh, I see. So how is he right now?” The question came out from David Lee’s mouth. He looked worriedly sick.

“I also have no idea, he just admitted into the emergency ward. I hope that he’s okay.”

                David Lee nodded again.

“How could this happened? I got a call from the police just now, they told me that Woohyun got involved in an accident. But he didn’t tell me any detail, because it is still under an investigation,” asked David Lee, eager to know the truth.

                Chorong looked down to the floor. She could freshly recalled the accident just now. Immediately she felt sad again.

“It’s all my fault, Mr David. What happening just now is all my fault.” She tried to calm herself.

“Around 8 pm, he came to my house and invited me for a dinner. At first I rejected it but finally I accepted it after he kept pushing me. After that, as soon as we walked from the parking lot of a mall, he started telling me something that I don’t like to hear. I just simply cannot accept it.” Chorong wiped her tears. She inhaled and then slowly exhaled.

“I asked him to stop the car by the roadside but when I wanted to go out he stopped me. After that, we fought. I explained to him, what he needs to know and then I just left him alone. At that time the accident suddenly occurred. When I turned my head back, everything was too late.”

                Chorong continued to shed the tears. Sobbing hard. She could not picture how guilty she felt at that time.

                David Lee who was loyally being a good listener just blankly stared at the ceiling. Shaking his head.

“Do you know who hit him?”

                Chorong just shook her head.

 

Hyorin harshly pulled the handbrake. She was panting. Her heart was beating like crazy. her body was trembling. Sweats ran down to her forehead. Although the car is provided with an air-condition but it can’t cool down the atmosphere around her. She felt hot. Very hot.

                She shuddered while searching for the handphone inside her handbag. But it can’t be found. Hyorin felt anxious. In crucial time like this, unwanted things always happen just like in the drama.

“Ish, where’s this thing? Did I missed it?” mumbled Hyorin. Frantically searching every corner of her bag.

                The situation was getting more tensed. Hyorin's felt more unpleased. She switched on the light inside the car. Immediately the space turned bright. She threw everything from her handbag including varieties of cosmetics on the chair at the co-driver seat.

                Saw the handphone that was rolling down from the seat. Instantly she let out a breath. Relief. Without any hesitation, hurriedly she dialled Hyunseung’s phone number.

“Hello…” Hearing Hyunseung’s voice on the other line.

“Hello. Hyunseung-ah, this is Hyorin.”

“Oh, Hyorin. What’s up?” Hyunseung asked. There was something that he is waiting to hear.

                Hyorin tightly closed her eyes. She gulped her saliva.

“I, I’ve killed him. I’ve killed Woohyun.” Like a broken disk, she could not deliver the message properly. There was something in that stopped her.

“Really?” Hyunseung seemed could not believe it.

“Yes, I’ve hit him just now. I’m sure that he’s dead now.”

                At that time she could not catch up what was Hyunseung’s reaction about it. but for awhile, Hyunseung’s laughter getting louder and louder.

                Hyorin became dumbfounded. Should she celebrates it too? Her mind was spinning.

“Hyunseung-ah, don’t be too happy. Our work is not done yet. Now, what I need to do? I can’t think of anything. My brain is jam- packed.”

                She felt disgusted hearing Hyunseung’s loud laughter. Meanwhile, at that time her safety was not guarantee yet. She was very confident that the police was searching for her right now.

“Opss… sorry. I’m just too happy,” replied Hyunseung with a big grinned.

“Where are you right now?” continued Hyunseung again.

                Hyorin’s eyes wildered around the dark surrounding.

“I’m at the abandoned factory that burnt down ten years ago and there’s a convenient store on front of it. You know where am I right? Come here fast. I’m scared,” asked Hyorin anxiously.

“Okay… I’ll go right now. Just stay there till I come.”

“Yea… please make it fast,” reminded her before the line disconnected.