The Secret

The Secret and the Wish

I stood in one spot, careful not to make any moves. "K-Kris?" I asked the creature.

"Yeah.." He responded. I jumped back in fright. I didn't actually think a dragon would answer...

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you." Kris (at least I'm pretty sure it was Kris..) lied down in the corner. "Come on.. I'll explain it to you" I was hesitant, but I was pretty sure it was Kris, and that he wouldn't hurt me. So I ended up sitting next to him, my head in my knees and my arms wrapped around them. I just looked at him, not saying anything because I was too scared.

"Now I'm not sure about all the details, but here's everything I know. We were practicing for our debut back in 2011, and all of a sudden, there was a bright white light at the end of the song. We all got really hot all of a sudden and transformed into the animals of the Chinese zodiac. We're not sure why or how, but now whenever we get too hot, we transform into our animal that possesses us. The animals even control our personalities and everything. I would have left when the air conditioning shut off, but I didn't want to seem rude to you."

"Well, why do you want to treat me specially?"

"Hm.. I don't think I can tell you that yet. You have to promise not to tell anyone about this, though, okay?"

"I know. Who else knows about the zodiac secret?"

"Obviously all the EXO members, and the SM staff members that work with us often. Not many. Feel special." I laughed at that.

"When do you change back?"

"Depends, we don't control when we do. But one thing is... when we change back..." Another smoke cloud puffed up. This time I just held by breath and waited for the smoke to disappear. I tried to see, and when I did, the thing that appeared in front of my eyes was Kris.. .

"We're ." I don't even know if I turned away or not, I was too shocked to remember. I just remember what happened when he put his clothes back on.

"So.. I'm guessing you want to know which animals the other members are, huh?"

I felt kind of embarassed when I said, "Well, I don't know all the animals of the Chinese zodiac.." I was actually expecting him to laugh at me.

"That's alright. We can spend some time alone learning together." He put a smirk on his face. I, for one, was still shocked from seeing my EXO bias in front of me the day I met him.

"I'm used to this reaction. Come on, cheer up. It's not your fault you had to see that." He said. "Plus, I'm pretty sure you liked it."

Okay, he wasn't wrong... It was just surprising...

"So, first, what's your favorite animal?" Kris asked me.

"Hm.." I had to think hard. I loved all animals! I had a pet cat, though, so "A cat, I guess."

He laughed. "Well, that's too bad. There is no cat in the Chinese zodiac. But there was a cat involved in the stories of the zodiac animals.. wanna hear it?" I nodded.

"A long, long time ago, the Cat and the Rat were the best of friends. They accompanied each other everywhere they went and they shared their food. One day, the Cat learnt that the Jade Emperor was going to elect twelve animals to represent the twelve calendar years, and invited all animals to a party. The Cat suggested to the Rat that both of them should make a presence. When the day finally arrived, the Cat told the Rat, 'I am going to take a nap so that I will be in my top form. Can you please wake me up when it's time to go to the party?' 'No problem.' the Rat replied, 'Just relax and rest. I will wake you up when the time comes.' After the Cat fell asleep, the Rat thought to himself, 'I am among the smallest of all animals and I don't stand a chance in making one of the twelve if the Cat will go.' So when the time came, the Rat left on his own without waking up the Cat, and was elected as one of the twelve Zodiac Animals. When the Cat found out what the Rat had done, he was furious. The two became worst enemies. This is the reason why cats are not one of the twelve animals and they love to chase after rats."

I giggled. "That's cute. I'm just upset they aren't a part of the zodiac, though."

"No EXO member was born into the cat, but I think it'll happen one day. To someone close to all of us."

"Good luck finding them!" I said cheerfully.

"So LuHan is the bunny, Chen is the rat, Tao is the rooster, Lay is the horse, XiuMin is the pig, BaekHyun is the dog, ChanYeol is the monkey, D.O is the sheep, Kai is the snake, SuHo is the cow, SeHun is the tiger, and then there's me." And then he made a derp face. Oh, how I've always wanted to see him derp in real life.

"Tomorrow can you introduce me to them?" I asked.

"I would, but you guys won't be able to understand each other. The faces you make when we speak Korean or Chinese are priceless, by the way." I was about to hit him when I realized how much fun he was having. I stopped my hand mid-air.

"Then.. can you help me with my Korean?" I asked him, swallowing right afterwards.

"If you want.." He said. I blushed, then said

"Hm.. I want." We both laughed.

"Alright, then we should be meeting here every night from now on, right?" Kris stood up and reached out his hand to pick me up. I guess I was lighter than he expected, or he was more erted than I expected, because he pulled be a little too hard and ended holding me in his arms. We stayed for a second, like we were about to kiss, but I thought it was too soon, even though I would love to kiss him. But not just yet...

"I'll see you tomorrow then." I said.

"Yeah, I guess..." He was scratching the back of his head and doing that awkward smile that I can't resist on a guy. I started walking out, but I stopped for a second.

"Thanks, by the way." I walked out for real this time. I went into my room and for the rest of the night, thought to myself, did that really just happen?

 

 


You guys seem to like this fanfic a lot :D I got like 12 subscribers before the first chapter was even up.

I just want to say I got the idea from the Fruits Basket anime/manga if any of you were wondering.

I hope I can get 100 subscribers on this before school starts for me >:D

But thank you guys for waiting for this chapter, it took a while because I had recording stuff to do :P

And Chapter 3 will be up tomorrow since it's like 11 PM here and I need to sleep.

Also, tomorrow I will put in background photos and stuff to get "in the mood" c;

I'll also add a playlist for each chapter.

Okay, that's it XD Also, if Kalel and Kris had a ship name what would it be? c;