Identity

Silent Abyss

They winded through alleys, narrow spaces, and more alleys.
And all this time, HyunSeung was watching Raven’s movements and behavior.

And his conclusion is only one word: RANDOM.

The boy’s emotions and movements are very unstable; he may laugh or look really serious after picking up some calls, suddenly hiding in a corner and scaring DongWoon out of his wits, asking all of them to hide after walking for five minutes.

And another conclusion comes into his mind: a total PRANKSTER.

“We’re here!” Raven suddenly said, breaking through HyunSeung’s thoughts.

They were standing in front of a big, grand building with a glowing sign spelling out “Silent Abyss”. It was broad, but only three stories tall. It was concealed nicely between two tall buildings, and from the corner of HyunSeung’s eye, he could see JunHyung and DooJoon counting the number of levels that the buildings have. And it seems that both of the buildings have more than twenty levels.

Raven was already at the glass doors. “C’mon, you guys!” He said, beckoning them over. He pushed the glass doors open and GiKwang pulled DongWoon and ran in without warning.

“Wow!” GiKwang and DongWoon exclaimed.

YoSeob and HyunSeung then ran past the stunned DooJoon and JunHyung. HyunSeung entered the building first, but YoSeob stopped at the entrance, turned around to face DooJoon and JunHyung and pulled a face at them.

“Last one in is a slow turtle!” With that, he pulled a confused Raven in.

DooJoon and JunHyung were too tired to compete, so they entered at the same time.

“AHA! ~ ” YoSeob shouted, finger pointing towards them. “You two were the last!”

“I was pretty sure that you said that last ONE in was a turtle-” JunHyung started. He looked over to DooJoon.

“-and we were the last ONES in, so it’s not counted.” DooJoon finished, grinning at JunHyung.

“Hey, no fair!” YoSeob pouted cutely.

“Too bad.” The duo said in unison.

“HEY!” GiKwang’s voice rang through the atmosphere. “Instead of arguing, check out what’s here!”

The arguing trio stopped and took a second to take in their surroundings.

“Wow.” JunHyung breathed.

The inside was a high-class casino, table games at the center, gaming machines on the left, and ticket games booths on the right, everything neatly organized. The walls are made of marble, and a thick red carpet covers the whole floor. A neat spiraled staircase is at the back, left hand corner of the whole casino. A grand piano was at the back,right hand corner.

“Who exactly are you?” HyunSeung asked Raven, his opinion changing. At this, the other five turned to stare at him.

Raven just smiled, and the reply that came next was in such a creepy tone that it sent shivers down their spines.

“What do you think?” 

--

A chapter to make up for the previous short one...