When Will We Be

I'm Not Your Rose

Youngbae waited patiently for Daesung's response, he wasn't quite angry yet or upset but he did want to know who had gotten close enough to give him that hickey. It was upsetting that he was expecting a lie to come out Daesung's mouth.

 

Daesung sat up and covered his neck with his hand, “Hickey?”

 

“Yes the hickey that you're covering up, I didn't give it to you, so who did?” he looked intensely at Daesung.

 

“I, uh.” Daesung closed his eyes, how could Seunghyun do this to him? There was no one else besides Seunghyun that could have given him a hickey. He couldn't tell Youngbae who it was, it already made Daesung feel horrible, he wondered how Youngbae felt.

 

“Please, don't lie to me.”

 

It pained Daesung that Youngbae already felt that he was going to lie to him, “I'm sorry.” this was so wrong, he wasn't supposed to have any problems inside him and Youngbae's relationship.

 

Youngbae sat up from the bed and turned away from Daesung, “I don't want to hear that you're sorry, I just want to hear the truth..”

 

Daesung swallowed the lump in his throat, “I am sorry.”

 

Youngbae sighed and put on his shirt, “Are you going to tell me? Is it really that bad? I'm not angry.”

 

Daesung rubbed his eyes, he was trying to keep all his emotions at bay but it was becoming hard for him to do so, “Do you really want to know?”

 

“Tell me.”

 

“It was Seunghyun.” Daesung waited for his response.

 

“Do you want to be with him?” Youngbae wasn't surprised by Daesung's answer, though he was a little hurt, he wouldn't show it. If Daesung decided that he didn't want to be with him, he would let him go. He promised they would be friends no matter what, and he would keep his end of the promise.

 

Daesung wrapped his arms around Youngbae, “No, I don't want to be with him. You know I don't.”

 

“Then tell me why there's a hickey on your neck that Seunghyun gave you.” he didn't know if he wanted Daesung so close to him.

 

“It wasn't something I planned or initiated, I don't want to be with him, I want you.” Daesung tightened his arms around Youngbae's shoulders, “I only want you, I'm sorry I let it happen.” he placed a kiss on Youngbae's cheek, “Don't be mad at me I didn't mean for this to happen.”

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

“Anything.”

 

“Can you stay away from Seunghyun?”

 

Daesung kissed him repeatedly, “I won't ever see him again, I promise.” he pulled him back onto the bed, “Please don't think that there's something between me and him.”

 

Youngbae relaxed in Daesung's arms, “I don't know what I'm supposed to think, you've been acting differently. I won't be angry with you if you want to be with him.”

 

“Stop thinking that way, I don't want to be with him. You know how I feel about him nothing has changed.”

 

“But there's a hickey.” Youngbae turned around and rested his head on Daesung's chest, “That means you let him touch you, you had to of enjoyed it.”

 

“Everyone has moments when their weak. I won't ever do this to you again.” Daesung his cheek, “He won't come between us.”

 

Youngbae trailed his finger down Daesung's chest, “Can we, be together?”

 

“We're already together.”

 

“Not dating, but more than that.” Youngbae was slightly embarrassed from what he was asking. He wanted everyone to know that Daesung was his, especially Seunghyun.

 

“Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?” Daesung peered down at him.

 

“Maybe.” Youngbae buried his face into Daesung's chest, he was afraid of rejection.

 

Daesung tilted his head up and kissed his lips, “Are you scared of my answer?”

 

“Possibly.”

 

“I don't know why, you would be. There is no possible chance that I would say no to you.”

 

Youngbae snuggled up into Daesung and closed his eyes, “Sleep with me.”

 

“You're lucky I'm not going to take that the wrong way.”

 

Youngbae smiled, “Maybe one day I might let you take it the wrong way.”

 

Seunghyun tumbled out of his bed and fell face first on the floor, he angrily got up and turned his alarm off. Today he had a test to take and he didn't study yesterday. He tripped over his blanket then stumbled over to his drawer.

 

Seungri rolled over in his bed and peered down at Seunghyun, “This dorm is to small for you to be stumbling around like that.” he climbed down from the bunk bed. “What are you doing up so early?”

 

“Test.” Seunghyun shoved on his pants and grabbed a shirt.

 

“The one you didn't study for?”

 

Seunghyun grabbed his backpack, “Yeah, that one.”

 

“How do you expect to graduate if you never study for your tests?”

 

Seunghyun grabbed his shoes and put them on, “I'll graduate, you don't worry about me.”

 

Seungri watched him head for the door, “Where are you going, you just got up.”

 

“I'm going to brush my teeth then I'm leaving.”

 

Seungri grimaced, the dorm bathrooms were teaming with germs, “Remember not to put your tooth brush down on the sink.”

 

The dorm they lived in had a bathroom shared between two rooms each and the people they shared a bathroom with were slobs.

 

“Like I would forget that.” Seunghyun left the room and headed for the bathroom. Every time he went to the bathroom there was always this creepy guy brushing his teeth at the same time he was. He walked into the bathroom and low and behold there that guy was; staring at him.

 

Seunghyun put his toothpaste on his toothbrush and started brushing his teeth, he could feel the guy burning holes in the side of his head.

 

“You know you have never spoken a single word to me the whole time we've shared a bathroom together.”

 

Seunghyun turned to him with a mouth full of toothpaste, “Wha?”

 

“That's the first word you've ever said to me.”

 

Seunghyun spit his toothpaste out, “Uh sorry?”

 

“We should hang out.”

 

“Uhm...” Seunghyun rinsed out his mouth and toothbrush and backed up, “I have to go somewhere.”

 

“We don't have to hang out now maybe later or something.”

 

Seunghyun nodded his head, “Yeah sure.” Seunghyun walked out of the bathroom, man that guy was weird. Who offers to hang out while you're in a bathroom?

 

Seunghyun had set his alarm extra early so he could roam around and clear his head. He walked around and set up camp under a tree. He grabbed a notebook out of his backpack and checked if he had wrote anything down as notes, but all he had were various doodles. He set it back in his bag and sighed, he wasn't going to ace this test. He got up and decided to go look for something to do. He roamed the hallways, not really knowing what to do. He spotted a familiar group of people not to far away from and glowered at the sight he was seeing. He folded his arms over his chest, Youngbae had his hands all over Daesung and Daesung looked like he was enjoying it.

 

Seunghyun continued to stare at the sight with a menacing facial expression. It was just yesterday that him and Daesung had their recent escapade and here was Daesung acting like it was nothing. Seunghyun slipped behind a corner to get out of view. He leaned on a wall and chewed on the corner of his lip thoughtfully. What was Daesung trying to do him?

 

He looked up again to see the Daesung was headed his way, he pressed himself into the wall, but it was futile since there was nowhere for him to go.

 

Daesung needed to walk back to his dorm to get his backpack, as he walking he noticed Seunghyun pressed up against a wall. He would have tried to go a different way but he just so happened to be in the hallway he had to through. Daesung wondered why out of all the places in this school Seunghyun had to be in the one place he needed to go. This school was pretty big and it was puzzling as to how they were always running to each other.

 

Daesung opted to just walk past him without any conversation but as always Seunghyun stopped him before he could anywhere.

 

“Daesung, talk to me.” Seunghyun tried to get a good look at Daesung's face but he kept turning away from him.

 

“I suggest you let go of me. I don't want to see or talk to you.”

 

“Why? I didn't do anything to you to get this type of treatment.”

 

“I promised someone that I wouldn't associate myself with you and going to keep my promise. Besides I wouldn't want to talk to you in the first place.” Daesung tried walking away but again Seunghyun would not let him leave so easily.

 

“Why wouldn't you want to talk to me? Tell me what I did because I sure as hell don't know.”

 

“You almost ruined my relationship with Youngbae. I'm lucky that he's such a forgiving person.”

 

“I almost ruined your relationship? How could I have possibly almost ruined your relationship?”

 

Daesung reached up and pulled down his jacket collar, “This, this is what you did.”

 

Seunghyun looked at the hickey on Daesung's, he would have smiled if Daesung wasn't accusing him of being the bad guy, “So your little boytoy saw the hickey and got upset. How is that my fault? It takes two to tango Daesung.”

 

“Listen, it would make my life much easier if you would just go away. All I'm asking is for you to leave me alone. Is that too much to ask?”

 

“Yes it is, because I have waited so long to have you that I'm not going to just stop now. I don't care if I have to wait ten more years, I want you Daesung. How hard is that to understand?”

 

“You're just stupid.”

 

“How am I stupid?”

 

“Because you continue to chase after someone who doesn't like you.”

 

Seunghyun looked down at Daesung, “What?”

 

“Are you deaf? I said it's stupid of you to continue to chase after someone who doesn't like you.”

 

“Say the last part again.”

 

“What? That I don't like you.”

 

Seunghyun tightened his grip on Daesung's wrist, “Come with me.” Seunghyun started dragging Daesung back to the dorms. Daesung tried to yank his arm free but stopped when he received a menacing glare from Seunghyun. The hostility was something new for Daesung. Seunghyun dragged him all the way up the stairs to his and pushed him in, then shut the door behind him. Luckily Seungri had already left for class, he didn't want him asking any questions.

 

“What are we doing in here?” Daesung was thoroughly confused as to why he was in here and a little uncomfortable.

 

“You say you don't like me. Do I really do nothing for you?” Seunghyun wasn't facing Daesung but the door.

 

“I never have felt anything for you.” Daesung didn't know it, but he was talking himself into a hole.

 

“So I'm just nothing, is that it?”

 

“It's what I've been telling you.”

 

Seunghyun turned around and face Daesung, “And apparently there' nothing I can do to change your mind.”

 

“You're right.”

 

Seunghyun moved his hair out of his face and sighed, he walked up to Daesung and backed him against the wall, “Nothing?”

 

“Seunghyun, I don't know what you're doing, but you need to stop.” Daesung was in a panic, he couldn't let Seunghyun do anything to him again.

 

“I'm not doing anything but having a friendly conversation with you.” Seunghyun bent his head down to Daesung's lips, “Do you have a problem with me just talking to you?”

 

“I have a problem with you being near me let alone talking to me.” Daesung moved his head to the side.

 

“Don't you expose that pretty little neck to me or I might just give you another hickey.” Seunghyun him on the nape of his neck to show him was being serious.

 

Daesung shoved him away from him, that was not going to happen to him, “I don't think so.”

 

Seunghyun was unfazed by his protests, “Don't you dare push me away, I'm not done with you yet.”

 

“You're not done with me? I'm not just one of your petty possessions.”

 

“I don't want to possess you, I want to be with you. Yet you go to someone else instead of me.” Seunghyun traced his finger on Daesung's bottom lip. “Is he better than me?” he his lips then gently pressed them against Daesung's, “Is he a better kisser than me?” Seunghyun his cheek, “Can he love you more than me?”

 

Daesung closed his eyes, “Please, don't do this to me.”

 

“Do what? Touch you? Tell you how I feel?” Seunghyun grabbed Daesung's hips and pulled him closer to him, “Is it that bad for me to have these feelings for you?” he spoke against Daesung's lips, “I will always feel this way.”

 

“Don't.” Daesung was shaking in his grip, “Please don't.” his words came out in unsteady whispers.

 

“Are you scared of me? Why are you shaking?” Seunghyun wrapped his arms around Daesung, “What is it about me that keeps you running away?”

 

“Stop it, just stop talking.” he didn't want Seunghyun to dig down to his roots, he didn't want him close to him. He wanted everything to be easy, he wanted Seunghyun to leave him alone.

 

Seunghyun pushed the hair out of Daesung's face, “Do I repulse you?”

 

Daesung shook his head, “No.”

 

“Then what?” Seunghyun could feel Daesung tremble under his hold.

 

“Just...” Seunghyun was too close to him, he couldn't breathe. He had promised Youngbae and look at him now. It didn't even take him a full day to go back on that promise. Everything Seunghyun was enveloping him and it was overwhelming, he was having trouble keeping himself together and it maddened his senses. “...let me go.”

 

“No.” Seunghyun knew that if he let Daesung go then he would just go back to being how usually was. He would go back to being with Youngbae and treating him badly. Seunghyun didn't want that, he wanted whatever this was now. He wanted to have him in his arms forever, that's all he ever wanted. Daesung wouldn't see that Seunghyun only ever wanted his love, nothing else. It wasn't about , or his touch, he just wanted his love.

 

“Please...” the fact that Seunghyun wasn't trying anything with him was muddling his brain. He expected him to do something, anything to touch him, , but all he did was hold him close.

 

Seunghyun looked down at him with sad eyes, this Daesung was something different, something fragile. He didn't want to have to give him up for anyone else, but he knew that it would come down to that eventually. Daesung was not entirely his yet, he was Youngbae's. “Don't leave me for him. I'm begging you to choose me.”

 

“I can't.”

 

Seunghyun buried his face into the crook of his neck and held him tighter, “Please don't leave me, I can't have you this close to me just so you can leave.” he felt that he would always be begging Daesung to stay with him.

 

Daesung had never seen this side of him, it was hard to see Seunghyun so desperate, begging him to stay with him, but Daesung's answer was still no. He couldn't let this side of Seunghyun break him, no matter how sincere he was being. “No.”

 

“Why? Why can't you love me? What is wrong with me?” Seunghyun wasn't going to be letting Daesung go anytime soon, he feared he would break down if he did. He had to keep reminding himself that no matter what happened he would still keep chasing after Daesung. He would still wait for Daesung no matter how much it hurt him.

 

Daesung could feel the quiet tears Seunghyun was shedding on his shoulder, this was a different out come than he expected. He didn't think that his actions would reduce Seunghyun to tears, he didn't know that he was capable of doing such a thing. Seunghyun was usually the one to stay strong during times of distress, but this was different. Daesung couldn't stay in this room any longer with him, the longer he stayed the harder it will be for him to go.

 

“Seunghyun let go of me.”

 

“You didn't answer my questions. You haven't answered a single one.” Seunghyun looked up from Daesung shoulder, “What's wrong with me? Answer me that. Tell me what's wrong with me.”

 

Daesung was having a hard time looking at Seunghyun's tear soaked face.

 

Seunghyun kissed him, a last-ditch attempt to keeping him with him. He pressed his lips on Daesung's and hugged him to his chest, he wouldn't let him go so easily. “Why don't you like this?” he kissed everywhere on his face, “Why?” a soft whimper escaped his lips when he realized that he was not getting through to Daesung. He limply dropped his hands to his side; defeated for today. “Get out then.”

 

“Seunghyun.”

 

“Get out!” Seunghyun dropped to his knees unable to stand anymore, “Just leave me like you know you want to.”

 

Daesung sighed and walked out. When Seunghyun heard the click of the door closing he curled up in a ball and let the tears flow out. He repeatedly told himself that there would be another day for him and Daesung to be together. Today was just not the day, that's what he told himself. “We'll be together.” all he could do right now was hope, that's all it seemed like he could ever do.