Epilogue

I'm Not Your Rose

Pages:17

 

Five years

 

“Seunghyun, what do you think?” Daesung held up to paint swatches, “Blue, or pink?” he looked at him inquisitively.

 

Seunghyun didn't even look at the two colors, “Blue obviously.”

 

Daesung stood up and walked over to the kitchen, “Are you going to help me paint the walls?”

 

“When do you plan on doing it?” he set the spatula down and faced Daesung.

 

“I want to do it before our things come in, I don't want to have all the furniture come in and we're not done painting.” He looked around at the empty house and sighed, there was a lot to do and they had managed to bring in the things for the kitchen, but still had yet to move the furniture in, “Did we have to go for so big, I mean five years Seunghyun and we barely have anything to accommodate for all those years in that little apartment.”

 

Seunghyun leaned on the counter, “Well, we did live in a little apartment, so therefor we don't have much to show for, and I did say that I was going to buy you a big house one day.” he motioned to their surroundings, “Didn't I keep my word?”

 

Daesung wrapped his arms around Seunghyun, “Yes you did, and I'm so proud of you, you've come a long way from the college slacker you were.”

 

“Hey, I graduated didn't I?” he kissed Daesung's cheek and returned to cooking, “Oh.” he gave Daesung a sly look, “I almost forgot, but you should check your phone.”

 

“My phone? Why?”

 

“Just, check it.”

 

Daesung turned and walked to what was the living room and picked up his phone that was on a small table. He scrolled through his messages and noticed an unfamiliar number, “Who is this?” Daesung turned around and looked at Seunghyun.

 

“Just read it.”

 

“What were you doing in my phone anyways?”

 

Seunghyun grinned, “I was trying to beat your score in that one game.”

 

“Did you?”

 

His grin widened, “Yeah.”

 

Daesung swore, it would take him ages to get a new high score. He shook his head and focused his attention on the message at hand. He read the contents and gasped, “Seunghyun, is this who I think it is?”

 

“If the name Youngbae doesn't come to mind immediately then I don't know what to say.”

 

Daesung ignored Seunghyun's sarcasm and quickly dialed Youngbae's number. He waited for Youngbae to answer and when he did, Daesung couldn't contain himself, “It takes you five years to find yourself?”

 

“Well hi, how are you too.”

 

Daesung smiled, “Hi Youngbae, how are you?”

 

“Well hello Daesung, I am doing fine.” he chuckled, “I thought I would have gotten a warmer welcoming, I want to see you, can we meet up?”

 

Seunghyun turned off the stove and turned around, “Tell him yeah.”

 

“Will you get out of my conversation?” he directed his attention back to Youngbae, “I'm sorry about that, where would you like to meet up?”

 

“There's this café, I'll text you the directions. See you there?”

 

“Yeah, I'll see you.” Daesung hung up and eyed Seunghyun, “So, I don't think I'll be here for breakfast then.”

 

Seunghyun gave him a blank stare, “I'm putting it in the fridge.”

 

“Okay, but uhm, when you asked when we were going to start painting, I was going to say this afternoon. So be prepared when I come back.”

 

“Ugh, Is it just going to be me and you?”

 

“Seungri and Jiyong should be coming over too.”

 

Seunghyun covered his mouth in mock surprise, “Oh they have time for us? I would have never thought.”

 

“Me neither, with such busy schedules they have, I would have never thought that they would come and see such lowly people like us.” he laughed, “With Jiyong being in fashion and what not, and Seungri taking over his family business they haven't had time for us. I wonder if they even have time for each other.”

 

“They'll always have time for each other, anyways, shouldn't you be heading out now?”

 

“I should.” Daesung walked up to Seunghyun and kissed him on the cheek, “Don't wait up.”

 

Seunghyun wrapped his arms around Daesung's waist before he could leave and buried his nose into his neck, “You never did stop wearing that cologne, have a good day baby.”

 

Daesung turned around and kissed Seunghyun and grinned, “See you.” he grabbed the car keys and headed for the car. Daesung checked his phone and looked at the directions for the café, luckily it wasn't too far away.

 

When he got to the café, the first thing he noticed wasn't Youngbae. He did see him, but what he noticed was the silver band wrapped around Youngbae's finger. Daesung sat down at the table and looked pointedly at the ring on Youngbae's finger.

 

Youngbae laughed, “Again, no hi, hello? I don't even get a hug?”

 

“I'll say hi and hello once you tell me what the ring is all about.” he raised an eyebrow and pointed to the ring.

 

Youngbae raised up his hand, “Oh this? I met someone.”

 

“And?”

 

“She's the love of my life.”

 

“She?”

 

“Yes, she. When I left for Nepal I wasn't planning on meeting someone, but my now fiancé insisted on pursuing me. It took me a while, but I warmed up to her, and ended up falling in love with her as well.” Youngbae smiled, thinking about the times that he had tried avoiding his fiancé till she finally got her way.

 

Daesung was more than interested, he hadn't seen Youngbae in half a decade and when he sees him now he's gone and found himself a fiancé, “So was she also a wilderness instructor?”

 

“Who told you I was a wilderness instructor?”

 

“Obviously Seungri, tell me how you guys got together, I want to know everything. I've been waiting for your call for so long, give me information.”

 

Youngbae chuckled at Daesung's eagerness, it was hoping that it wouldn't be awkward after all these years and he was glad that it wasn't, “When I went to Nepal, what I wanted was to relax in the wilderness, do my job and get away from everything, but my fiancé had other plans. She thought I was cute and I thought she was annoying, and even after I told her I wasn't looking for a relationship she still insisted that I be her friend.”

 

“Sounds like she knew what she wanted.”

 

“Yeah, she got under my skin so much. I was trying to get over everything and all she wanted to do was follow me around. She followed me so much that one day I broke down and told her everything. She understood, even backed down because she thought I only liked guys, that was cool enough till I ended up having a thing for her as well. Imagine her surprise when I asked her out on a date.”

 

“What'd she say?”

 

“She was honestly surprised, she looked at me and said, and I quote, oh my gosh I thought you were gay! And I told her that it was college and it was a one time thing, a very confusing me for me. She was kind of skeptical bout going out with me, but, I finally got her out and the rest is history.”

 

Daesung leaned back in his chair and eyed Youngbae, “So, while you were being pursued did you do any of that soul searching that you wanted to do?”

 

“The thing about my fiancé is, is that she was really understanding, she gave me time when I needed it. I uhm, it took me a long time to get over you. Even when I decided to pursue a relationship with her sometimes you were on my mind, it took me a while to realize that I just had some weird infatuation for my best friend. She helped me to realize that.”

 

“So, when do I get to meet this mystery girl?”

 

“Well right now she's in China, but I came back here because I wanted to invite you to my wedding. I made some good friends in Nepal, but there's only one person that I want to be my best man.”

 

“And who is that?”

 

Youngbae grinned, “Daesung, will you be the best man at my wedding?”

 

“Why Youngbae of course I would be honored to be the best man at your wedding.”

 

Youngbae shook his head, “Tell Seunghyun, Seungri, and Jiyong that they're invited too.” he leaned forward, “So, tell me, what has everybody been up to since I've been gone?”

 

“Well funny things is, during college Seunghyun had gotten this internship for this business that had just opened up. They had started a new branch and were looking for employees, when we graduated he started working and guess who ends up being his boss.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Seungri, Seunghyun wanted to quit right then and there, but I told him to think of it as a learning experience. Jiyong went into the fashion business, he also likes to style hair. I told him his career would have started off faster if he would have just went to beauty school but he told me that beauty school was for girls and that he was a professional. We came to realize that he had only went to the college that we went to because he wanted to further antagonize Seungri.”

 

Youngbae laughed, he had known Jiyong's intentions from the beginning, “But what about you?”

 

“Well, if you would have stayed you would have read some of my stuff.”

 

“Read?”

 

“You know I majored in communications, I took up this journalism job for a small newspaper, it doesn't pay much but I like it and that's all that matters to me.”

 

“So Seunghyun was an intern, did he get promoted or gain experience and go to a new business?”

 

“Well since Seunghyun knew the boss, he was promoted a lot more quickly than he should have, and if Seungri wasn't running the company I'm pretty sure he'd own it by now from the rate he was going. Oh! That reminds me, we were able to move from the small apartment we had lived in and now live in this house. I think it's a little much, but Seunghyun had been telling me for years that he was going to get us a big house.”

 

“Really? It seems like everything is going well for you guys.”

 

“Yeah, we're going to be painting the walls later today, do you think you can come?”

 

“Just you and Seunghyun?”

 

“No, Jiyong and Seungri said they would show up but you never know with them nowadays.”

 

Youngbae smiled, “So you're recruiting me to paint your walls?”

 

“Yes, yes I am.”

 

“Fine, I want to see everyone anyways.” he frowned, “Is, Seunghyun mad at me by any chance?”

 

Daesung chuckled, “After five years?”

 

“You know how he is.”

 

“He does bring up you kissing me every once in a while, but I don't think he's still mad at you for it.”

 

Youngbae hoped Seunghyun wasn't the type to hold grudges, “Alright, I'll come, do you think we should head out now?”

 

“Mmm, yeah, follow me, we don't live that far away from here.” Daesung stood up and motioned for Youngbae to hurry up.

 

Youngbae rolled his eyes, “I'm coming.”

 

It didn't take them long to head back, and when they walked in everyone had already started painting the walls a light blue. Daesung smiled as he saw his friends and his boyfriend painting the walls sloppily, “I'm home! And I brought a surprise.”

 

Jiyong turned around with a paintbrush in his hand, flinging the paint in all different types of directions, “A surprise?” he looked behind Daesung and his eyes widened at the sight of Youngbae, “Youngbae!” He tossed the paint brush and ran to hug him, “Oh my gosh, what are you doing here?” he pulled back and looked Youngbae up and down.

 

“I came down to visit, I thought it was about time.”

 

“You've been working out. Oh my gosh they have me working manual labor, I was so not prepared for this.”

 

Daesung scoffed, “What did you think I meant when I asked you to come over and help paint.”

 

“I thought you were kidding.”

 

Youngbae looked at Jiyong's outfit and grinned, he was wearing sunglasses and skinny jeans, with an embroidered tank top, “At least take the sunglasses off.”

 

Seungri laughed, he on the other hand was properly dressed with shorts and white t, “He thinks he ll that ever since he got that fashion line.” he coughed, “With who's help by the way?”

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes and folded his arms, “I know that you helped me, and I am grateful, now stop bringing it up.”

 

Seunghyun turned around and raised an eyebrow at everyone, “Uhm, am I going to do this myself? It's nice to see you Youngbae, but get to work.” he picked up a paintbrush and handed it to Youngbae, “Oh, you've been working out.”

 

Youngbae laughed at Seunghyun's exclamation because Jiyong had just said it earlier, “Well, you kind of gain muscle when you're out in the wilderness.”

 

“Then you should be able to paint these walls then.” Seunghyun turned to Jiyong and snatched his glasses off of him, “You don't need these.”

 

Daesung poked his stomach and looked up at everyone, “I have abs too.”

 

“I know that, but their my abs, so don't go showing anybody.” he smiled at Daesung and went hand him a paintbrush too.

 

“I bet they're better than Youngbae's.”

 

“You want to bet?” Youngbae eyed Daesung and gave him a challenging smirk.

 

Seungri but in and waved his hands, “Keep your clothes on, we don't need to see anything.”

 

Jiyong grabbed a paint roller and started getting the high spot in the wall, “You guys are such slackers, am I going to have to do this myself?”

 

Everyone rolled their eyes at Jiyong and started getting to work on the other walls. They worked till Jiyong got bored and started splattering paint on his jeans. He didn't notice Seungri who had turned around and watched him splattering paint on his pants, and he surely didn't notice when he had gotten paint on Seungri's cheek.

 

“Hey!” Seungri wiped his cheek, making it worse than it already was and wiped his hands on his shorts.

 

Jiyong looked up from what he was doing and gave Seungri a weird look, “You have paint on your face.” he pointed with his paintbrush and more paint ended up on Seungri's face, “Oops.” he started laughing at the look on Seungri's face and realized that he could try out for a role in Avatar from all the blue on his face.

 

“Oh you think it's funny?”

 

Jiyong nodded, “You look like you can be apart of the blue man group.”

 

Seungri grinned and walked up to Jiyong, “Really?” he threw his arms around Jiyong and rubbed his face on his and backed, “Oops I think I got a little in your hair.”

 

“What!” he quickly ran a hand through his hair and sure enough there was blue on his hands, “Oh no you didn't.”

 

Daesung looked at the two and inched away next to Seunghyun because he knew what was coming next and didn't want to get caught up in their fight, “Ji doesn't look all that happy about his hair.”

 

Seunghyun shook his head and laughed, “You know how he is about his here.” he winced when Jiyong threw a paintbrush at Seungri, landing square in the middle of his chest, “He really, loves his hair.”

 

Daesung called Youngbae over to him, “While they're having their little paint fight why don't you tell Seunghyun about your up and coming wedding.”

 

“Oh, yeah I almost forgot. I was wondering if you guys would be able to come to my wedding.”

 

Seunghyun gave him a surprised look, and for the first time he noticed the silver band around Youngbae's finger, “You're getting married?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“And you want all of us to come to your wedding?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Okay, but you do realize that you or may not have to keep Seungri and Jiyong far away from everyone else they might disrupt the ceremony.”

 

Youngbae laughed, “I'll keep that in mind.”

 

Youngbae looked behind him when he felt a tap on his shoulder and gasped at the sight of Seungri covered in paint along with Jiyong. He tried to keep his laughter in but the sight of them was too much and he burst out in a fit of giggles, “Wow, blue is definitely your guys color.”

 

Seungri tsked, “Don't go there.”

 

Jiyong looked at his attire and frowned, “My clothes are ruined, my skin is all blue, and I'll never be able to get this out of my hair.” he sighed and gave Seungri an annoyed pout, “This is all your fault.”

 

“My fault? You're the one that started it, flinging paint everywhere.”

 

Jiyong looked like he was on the verge of tears, “I have a photo shoot tomorrow.”

 

“Well tell them you're trying something different with your hair, paint is the new dye.”

 

“You're right, I can probably pull that off.” though what Jiyong was mostly worried about was getting it off his skin and hoping it didn't tint his skin.

 

Seunghyun looked at the walls and almost burst out in hysterics when he realized that at least two of the walls only had paint splatters of blue on them and the others were properly done. He kind of liked the splatters and thought about keeping them, “Anyways, did you here Youngbae's news, he's getting married and he wants us to come. By the way, what's your fiance's name?”

 

“Lin, she's from China.”

 

“Ooh, is she pretty?”

 

“Very.” Youngbae smiled, thinking about his fiancé and her fiery attitude. If you first saw her you would think that she would be sweet and innocent, but she was not, and Youngbae loved her for that.

 

Seunghyun wrapped an arm around Daesung and leaned on him, “Well, I can't wait to meet her, where are you going to have your wedding?”

 

“Nepal, where we met. I'm letting her choose whatever she wants for the wedding.”

 

“Good choice, I plan on letting Daesung choose whatever he likes when we get married.”

 

Daesung grinned, that was a good choice on Seunghyun's part.

 

Youngbae furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Seunghyun, “How come you haven't already gotten married?”

 

“Couldn't afford it, but once everything's settled I might just pop the question.” it wasn't a mystery to whether Daesung would say yes or not, they had talked about it numerous amounts of times and were just waiting for the opportunity to get married.

 

Youngbae directed his attention to Seungri and Jiyong who were picking paint flakes out of their hair, “And you guys?”

 

Seungri dropped a handful of dried paint on the floor to Daesung's and Seunghyun's displeasure and picked at his ears, “Haven't had time, with running a business and Jiyong doing his thing we haven't had time to stop and talk about wedding plans, actually...” he pulled at chain around his neck and presented a shiny ring that was hanging on the chain, “We've been engaged for a couple years now, we just haven't had time to plan anything.”

 

“So who popped the question?”

 

Seungri shared a knowing look with Jiyong, “To everyone's surprise, I did.”

 

Jiyong shook his head at the memory, “He didn't even ask me properly, so I said no till he was going to ask me properly. You should have seen his face, Seungri was quite livid about my answer but I told him that he had to ask me properly and I would say yes.”

 

“Which meant that his diva self wanted something extravagant and unique, I already knew that he wanted to say yes, he was just being difficult, as always.” Seungri glared playfully at Jiyong.

 

Jiyong gave him a glare too, “You didn't even have a ring.”

 

“I was going to get one.”

 

“Well until you got one I wasn't going to say yes, it's not like you couldn't afford it.”

 

“It's not like you couldn't afford it.”

 

“I wasn't the one asking.” he folded his arms and gave him another pout of the day, “I would have said yes anyways, I was just giving you a hard time. You could have gave me ring pop and I would have been happy.”

 

Seungri smiled, “Yeah, after you would have yelled at me for symbolically calling you cheap after giving you a ring pop as an engagement ring.”

 

Youngbae laughed at the two, “At this rate I think Seunghyun and Daesung will be married before you two.”

 

Jiyong agreed as well, “Of course they will Seunghyun has everything planned, he knows what he's doing.” he gave Seunghyun a sly look, “I wouldn't be surprised if he already has ring and he's just waiting for the right time to tell Daesung.”

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, his voice heavy with sarcasm, “Oh don't give my secret away.”

 

Daesung leaned against Seunghyun and sighed, “It doesn't matter, when we're ready to get married we will.”

 

“But you guys have been ready since college.” Jiyong looked at Seungri for conformation and smiled when Seungri agreed that Daesung and Seunghyun were more than ready to get married.

 

Seunghyun wrapped his arms around Daesung's waist and rested his chin on his shoulder, “They do have a point, why don't we?”

 

Daesung shrugged, “We could, in a year I guess, but we we're not prepared right now. We don't even have rings.”

 

Seunghyun smiled enthusiastically, “Be right back.”

 

Daesung watched as Seunghyun ran up the stairs for some reason. He wondered what he could be doing because there was nothing up there. He looked at his friends, wondering if they had a clue as to what Seunghyun was up to. Jiyong seemed like he knew and Daesung looked at him suspiciously as he waited for Seunghyun to come back down stairs. “Is, something up?”

 

“I don't know.” Jiyong raised up his hands like he didn't know and looked at Seungri, “Do you know?”

 

Seungri looked at Jiyong in an unamused way, “No.”

 

Seunghyun came back down the stairs and glanced at everyone who was giving him a curious look, “What?”

 

Jiyong put a hand on his hips, “What did you do?”

 

“Nothing.” he grinned, stood behind Daesung, and wrapped his arms around him.

 

Daesung shook his head at Seunghyun's weirdness, he turned his head and gave Seunghyun a kiss, laughing at his shenanigans, “You can be so weird some times.”

 

Seunghyun buried his face into Daesung's neck and intertwined his fingers with his, “That's what I'm here for.”

 

“It hate it when you guys get all weird, why can't you be like normal couples and argue?” Seungri folded his arms over his chest and winked at Jiyong.

 

“Well Seungri, not everyone likes to get in arguments for recreational use.” Daesung smiled and ran a hand through his hair.

 

“Well-” Seungri narrowed his eyes and looked at Daesung's hand, “Hey, bring that hand up again.”

 

Daesung brought his hand up, “What? This one?” he furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his hand as well, “Seunghyun this wasn't here a second ago.” Daesung looked at the gold band around his finger and looked up at Seunghyun curiously, “I thought you didn't...”

 

Seunghyun tightened his arms around Daesung and smiled at the confused look he was giving him, “I was waiting for the right time, I had always been saving up, and then I got promoted. Anyways, I thought why not give it to you now with all your friends around, instead of a huge crowd like I was going to do.”

 

Daesung grimaced and shook his head, “No crowds, this is lovely Seunghyun.” he smiled as Seunghyun bent down to press his lips against his cheek.

 

“So, Daesung, is that a yes? Will you marry me?”

 

“Oh, I would never say no to you.” he turned around and landed a kiss on Seunghyun's lips and gave him a tight hug, “I'm so glad you didn't do anything like you did in college I would have killed you.”

 

“You know you always say that but you never succeed in actually doing it.”

 

Youngbae grinned at the two, “I'm glad I was here to see this, I guess my timings pretty good.”

 

Seunghyun looked over Daesung's shoulder, who was still holding onto him tightly and grinned at Youngbae, “You being here makes it even more special. Daesung really missed you.”

 

“I know, but I'm back now, and ready to stay.”

 

Daesung's ears perked up and he turned his head to look at Youngbae, “Stay?”

 

“Yeah, after the wedding I'm moving back with Lin.”

 

“Will you move somewhere close?”

 

“Actually, I didn't know you lived out here. Me and Lin already found a house and everything.”

 

Daesung moved out of Seunghyun's arms and wrapped them tightly around Youngbae, “Oh my gosh, we can spend so much time together and everything!”

 

Jiyong gave Youngbae a jealous look and turned to Seungri, “He was never that excited about hanging out with us.”

 

“I know.”

 

Youngbae laughed and hugged Daesung back, “You're right, we'll all spend time together.”

 

“Can we have barbecues and go to the beach and stuff, and then we could like watch movies and hang out.” Daesung sounded like an over excited child as he listed off things they could do.

 

“Yes we can do all that, but you have to invite everyone to hang out with us.”

 

Daesung let go of Youngbae and pouted, “Fine.”

 

Jiyong leaned and whispered to Seungri, “We just aren't appreciated.”

 

“I know right.” Seungri rolled his eyes.

 

Daesung grinned and turned to his two friends and was about to wrap his arms around them too but thought that wasn't a good idea due to the paint, “You know I love seeing you guys, and I think you guys should take a shower.” He looked at the two and wondered how they lived together if they acted like this the whole time. Sometime he thought it was just a show, but he wouldn't volunteer to document their private lives. “Well, this day has been eventful. Let's see, Youngbae is here, we got a majority of the walls painted thought some have a more decorative look due to Seungri and Jiyong, and I'm engaged, what a lovely day.”

 

Seunghyun nodded in agreement, “And I hope we have many more days like this, excluding the paint war.”

 

“I would say group hug, but I'm not hugging Ji or Seungri.”

 

Seungri wrapped his arms around Jiyong and stuck out his tongue at Daesung, “We'll just hug each other.”

 

Jiyong wrapped his arms around Seungri as well, “We don't need your hugs.”

 

“If you guys are going to whine about it.” Daesung walked over to the two and wrapped his arms around the two and motioned for Seunghyun and Youngbae to join.

 

Seunghyun looked at Youngbae and shrugged, he would much rather give them a thumbs and his support from where he was standing, but oh well. He grabbed Youngbae's arm and made him hug them first before joining in on the clean side.

 

“Isn't this lovely?” Daesung turned away from the wet patch of paint and despite his words he grimaced at the contact, “Okay I've had enough.”

 

They all gratefully stopped hugging and dispersed.

 

Jiyong sighed and looked at the time, “I need to get home to wash this off.” he looked at Seungri, “And you have a meeting tomorrow, so you need to get home as well.”

 

“I know when I have a meeting.”

 

“Really? If I didn't remind you would you have known?”

 

Seungri looked at his hands, “Maybe.”

 

“Exactly.” Jiyong looked at everyone, “So I guess we'll get going, Youngbae update us on the wedding plans, Daesung has our number and we'll see you.” he grabbed Seungri and waved then disappeared out the door.

 

Daesung chuckled, “Always in a rush to get somewhere.” he shook his head, “Youngbae what do you plan on doing, are you staying in a hotel?”

 

“Yeah I am.”

 

“Well, why don't you stay here. We have more than enough room, but I'm afraid you would have to sleep on the floor, though the carpet is plush and we do have pillows.”

 

“I don't mean to impose.”

 

Daesung waved his hand in dismissal, “No please stay, I'd rather have you here than in a hotel.”

 

“If you say so, but I'll have to get my things.”

 

“Alright, you do that, and we'll just wait here.”

 

Youngbae smiled and head out to grab his things from the hotel.

 

Daesung turned to Seunghyun and wrapped his arms around his neck and smiled up at him, “So, what do you think?”

 

“What do I think about what?”

 

“About everything, how it's going so well.”

 

“Mmm, I think, that everything better keep going well, because we have so much to do Daesung. Youngbae's getting married, we're getting married, Jiyong and Seungri are...still engaged. I wonder when they'll slow down and plan their ceremony, it doesn't have to be big.”

 

“You're right, but knowing Jiyong, he'll want extravagance.”

 

Seunghyun leaned down and kissed the top of Daesung's nose, “I'm sure you want something small.”

 

“I just want close friends, quick and simple. I don't need anything big.”

 

“You're still the same.” he smiled and planted another kiss on Daesung's cheek.

 

“Well, something has to stay the same, and some things have to change. Our lives are changing for the better.”

 

“Yeah, I wonder if we'll still be happy and bubbly in our later years.”

 

Daesung laid his head on is chest, “Well I hope so.”

 

6 years

 

“Hey! Get out of the water.”

 

Daesung watched in amusement as Seungri chased the kids around trying to keep them out of the ocean with their regular clothes on, “Seunghyun, help Seungri, you know he's horrible with kids.”

 

Seunghyun groaned and rolled over on his towel, looking up at Daesung, “Where's Youngbae? They are his kids.”

 

“Relaxing with Lin, you know that they need some time alone from their kids and we did agree to help.”

 

“No one told them to have so many.”

 

“There is only three of them, and it wasn't their fault that they had triplets.”

 

Seunghyun grimaced, “They all look alike and creep me out, one Youngbae is enough, I don't need a big one and three little ones.” he shook his head, glad that he didn't have any kids to bother him and that if they did have kids he would definitely not want to have triplets, all boys.

 

“Come on, Seungri needs your help, he can't even tell them apart.”

 

“I can't tell them apart. I just call them Youngbae, 1, 2, and 3. Why don't we let Jiyong do it, he loves the kids and he can tell them apart.”

 

“He's getting a tan.”

 

“So!?” Seunghyun shook his head in annoyance, “For Pete sakes, that man is going on thirty-six he needs to stop being a diva and take some responsibility.”

 

Daesung rolled his eyes, “He's the spoiled one now, but you know Jiyong has his heart in the right place. He just has a weird way of showing his affections.”

 

“Yeah like bossing people around like we're one of his models.”

 

“You love him.”

 

“So, I love all you that doesn't mean that you guys don't work my nerves.”

 

“Do I work your nerves?”

 

Seunghyun looked at Daesung sincerely, “You never get on my nerves.”

 

“Good answer.”

 

Seunghyun sighed in relief as he watched Jiyong get up from tanning and walk over to Seungri who was still avidly chasing the kids, “Bao, Bao-Zhi, and Bae, stop messing around!” he put his hands on his hips and stared the four year olds down.

 

They simultaneously stopped running and looked down cast at Jiyong and in unison they apologized. “Sorry uncle Kwon.”

 

Jiyong laughed and walked up to the three and wrapped his arms around them, “Now you all know better than to give my husband a hard time, he just doesn't know how to deal with kids.”

 

Bao-Zhi, being the oldest, spoke up, “We were just playing is all, we didn't know better.” he looked back at his brothers and they followed his steps giving Jiyong puppy dog eyes and pouting.

 

Jiyong sighed, “You kids are going to be the death of me I swear.”

 

Seungri ran from the shore and came over to the four panting and glaring at the kids, “Don't fall for their tricks, they're demons I tell you.”

 

Jiyong pat Seungri's cheek and smiled, “Seungri dear.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“They only treat you this way because they can smell fear.”

 

Seungri's eyes widened and he backed away from the three little ones, “Demons I tell you.” he moved away from all of them and walked over to Seunghyun and Daesung.

 

Youngbae's kids smiled mischievously at Seungri and gave each other secret eye looks. Bao-Zhi, seemingly the leader, spoke up again, “I don't know why Seungri acts that way, we just want to love him.” again he looked behind him and all three of them poked out their bottom lips and tilted their heads to the side.

 

“I know your tricks.” Jiyong ruffled their heads and laughed, “You guys are too smart for your own good.” he looked behind him, glad to see Youngbae and Lin coming from inside.

 

All three of the kids broke away from Jiyong and ran to hug their father and mother. They all weren't born that far apart but you could tell who was oldest and who was youngest just by looking at them, the youngest; Bae, clung to his mother and happily chattered in her arms and the oldest; Bao-Zhi, gave his parents a quick hug and feigned as much indifference as he could without seeming unloving, and the middle child; Bao, tried to get everyone's attention on him as he chatted up his brothers and his parents at the same time.

 

Bae had been named after Youngbae, but they liked to call him Bae for short as that was what he preferred anyways because he wanted to seem alike to his brothers. Bao-Zhi who was the most cunning, talked for his bothers when adults were around and tried to make himself look more older than what he was, even though he was only four, but he was still as smart as day. Bao on the other hand, being a triplet, but still feeling the affects of a middle child, just wanted everyone to treasure him and give him lots of attention, but he didn't talk much when he wasn't around his family.

 

Jiyong had tried to explain all their traits to Seungri, but Seungri had just waved him off saying that four year olds weren't that complex and he could figure them out on his own; Seungri never did.

 

Youngbae walked over with Bao clutching his leg and Bao-Zhi right beside him, Bae was still in his mothers arms quietly talking up a storm about running around on the beach and playing with Seungri.

 

“...and then and then, Seungri, he was chasing us, and, and, uhm...” Bae furrowed his eyebrows and put his thumb in his mouth trying to think of what he was going to say, “I forgot, but it was funny.”

 

Lin laughed and put her son down when they all made it in one spot, Seungri inching away from the children like they were the plague, “I'm sure you'll be able to remember it later.”

 

Bae's eyes lit up, “Oh I remember, and then he fell in the water and we tried not to laugh but it was funny.”

 

Bao-Zhi had an odd twinkle in his eye thinking about Seungri falling in the water.

 

Seungri hurriedly whispered in Daesung's ear while avidly watching the kids, “Demons I tell you.”

 

Bao raised his hand to get everyone's attention and he waited patiently for someone to acknowledge him.

 

Youngbae smiled down at his son, “Yes Bao?”

 

He tugged the bottom of Youngbae's shorts, indicating that he wanted him to bend down. Bao waited for Youngbae to bend down and listen to him before he spoke, “I have to go potty.”

 

Youngbae chuckled and took his hand, excusing himself to his son to the bathroom.

 

Bao-Zhi rolled his eyes, no one knew where he could have gotten such an attitude, “I would have gone by myself. Bao is such a baby, even more of a baby than Bae.”

 

Bae frowned and looked up at his mother, “Am I a baby?”

 

“No darling, you're a big boy just like all your brothers.”

 

He beamed, quickly forgetting his brothers insult and taking his mothers word for it instead, “I'm a big boy.”

 

Daesung laid on Seunghyun and looked at Youngbae's kids in admiration, he made eye contact with Lin and gave her a soft smile, “You really have raised them to be such fine young boys, with wide personalities.”

 

Lin laughed a musical laugh, “Everyone thinks that since they are triplets that they must act the same, but they all have their personalities. It's only when they want something that they do the same things.”

 

Jiyong nodded in agreement, “Your boys seem to synchronize to get their way.”

 

Seungri wormed up to Jiyong, casting a glance in the boys direction, “I think the two youngest are okay, but the oldest is definitely a demon child, possibly controlling the others.”

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes and pat Jiyong's cheek, “Don't be ridiculous Jiyong.”

 

“I'm telling you.” he made eye contact with Bao-Zhi and shuddered as Bao-Zhi gave him a wide grin and winked, what a strange little boy.

 

Jiyong wasn't lying when he said they could smell fear, he knew Bao-Zhi liked messing with Seungri because he knew Seungri was the weakest link. He was never like that with his parents or anyone else in the click, just Seungri.

 

Youngbae came back with Bao and sat down in the circle they had created on blankets and under umbrellas, “What are you guys talking about?”

 

Lin leaned over and kissed Youngbae on the cheek, receiving an ick from their boys and smiled at him, “Oh nothing, just the same old with Seungri.”

 

“Ah, still thinks the kids are demons?”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

Bao raised his hand again, waiting for acknowledgement.

 

Youngbae looked at his son, “Yes Bao?”

 

He shook his head. Not wanting his attention and kept his hand up.

 

Seunghyun turned to Daesung and sighed, the boy was cute but he was a needy one, “Yes Bao?”

 

Bao put his hand down, and spoke in barely a whisper, “Seunghyun, can I sit with you and Daesung?”

 

Daesung opened his arms out to Bao and smiled widely, “Oh of course darling, come sit on my lap.” he wrapped his arms around Bao tightly and kissed him on the cheek. He wouldn't admit it out loud but Bao was his favorite and he showered him with all the attention he wanted, “Oh you're so cute!”

 

Seunghyun ruffled the kids hair and shook his head at Daesung's blatant favoritism.

 

Bae poked out his lip at the attention Bao was getting and climbed on Seunghyun's lap without warning and gave his brother a smug look.

 

Seunghyun laughed, knowing what was up because this always happened and ran a hand through Bae's hair in amusement.

 

Bao-Zhi huffed in annoyance and looked at Jiyong with wide eyes and trembling lips. He knew how to press Jiyong's buttons and grinned widely when Jiyong opened his arms and let him sit on his lap.

 

“You know sometimes I think our kids like you guys better than us.” Youngbae wrapped his arm around his wife and laughed.

 

Seunghyun shook his head, “No, their all just competing for our love, they already know that you guys love them so they don't try as hard enough. It also doesn't help when some people blatantly pick favorites.”

 

Daesung covered Bao's ears and glared at Seunghyun, “Don't say the f word in front of them.”

 

“What? Favorite?”

 

“No! Don't say that.” he reached over and hit Seunghyun.”

 

Seunghyun rubbed his arm and pursed his lips, “Don't teach them to do that.”

 

Youngbae laughed at the two, “I'm glad we could all make it out here. I know everyone's been busy, but it's nice going on a vacation every once in a while.” he looked at his sons and smiled, “I know my kids are glad to see you.” he smiled at his children, all seemed like they were ready to go to bed.

 

Jiyong nodded his head in agreement, Seungri avidly called him a workaholic and he was glad he could make it out to the beach with his friends, who were like family to him, “It is nice.” he looked at the sun that was starting to set and glanced at everyone, “After the sun sets we should go in and put the kids up to bed.”

 

“That sounds good.”

 

Seunghyun looked at the bright oranges and reds in the sky and was glad that they could do this as well. With work and everything they all had not been able to see each other even though they didn't live that far away from each other. Youngbae had come up with the idea of a vacation and they all had agreed with it since their schedule had been so hectic and everyone needed to relax and do something that didn't require much work. Though Seungri was not pleased to babysit the kids, even though he himself was pretty much a big kid.

 

He smiled at his friends, “You know, I couldn't hope for a better set of friends. We may have been through some crazy things together, but I'm glad that we settled our differences.”

 

Seungri scoffed, “Don't get all mushy on me.”

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes at that remark because he knew Seungri would be the first to get sentimental if you let him. None the less he looked at the group he associated him self with and thought there couldn't be anything better.

 

20 years

 

Daesung closed his photo album and set it underneath the bed. He had been taking a trip down memory lane and was leafing through old memories that he didn't want to forget. Daesung looked at Seunghyun's sleeping figure and smiled down at him, Seunghyun had always said they would grow old together, and he was glad that he was right.

 

Daesung looked at the pictures on the night stand, it was a picture of Youngbae's kids who were twenty four, his daughter, 18, and Jiyong's and Seungri's kid, 17. He smiled when he remembered Seungri saying he wanted a kid, Jiyong had been so surprised, they ended up adopting a boy. His daughter had been surrounded by so many male influences that she usually spent time with Lin when she could. Seunghyun had not wanted a boy after seeing Youngbae's boys and insisted on adopting a baby girl. Now she was off to college and Daesung couldn't be more proud of his child.

 

He turned off the light bulb and laid down next to Seunghyun, they had had e rocky start in their relationship, but all seemed well. Daesung closed his eyes, and couldn't wait for the next time they would all get together again.

 

>>>>>>>>>

Wow, third story I've finished since I started this in...July. I don't have anything cool to say unfortunately, so there we have it.

 

                                                                                                     XOXO,

                                                                                                               70darkangel07