I Grew Up

I'm Not Your Rose

 Seunghyun walked into his dorm with a wide grin on his face. He flopped on his bed and put his hands behind his head, and tried to enjoy the rest of his day. Seungri had been sitting in his computer watching Seunghyun from the corner of his eyes. Seunghyun had been in a bad mood earlier so it was strange to see his mood change so suddenly.

 

“Seunghyun are you okay?” Seungri was still a bit tentative to talk to him, especially from his irritated nature yesterday.

 

“Yes, why wouldn't I be?”

 

“Well, you've been upset lately, and now all of a sudden you have this huge smile on your face.”

 

Seunghyun's smile just got wider, “Heh.”

 

Seungri's eyes widened, “You didn't murder Youngbae did you? I know he's in the way between you and Daesung, but you can't just go around killing people.”

 

Seunghyun smiled, “You don't sound to upset about it.”

 

“What!? You did kill him!?”

 

A small snicker escaped Seunghyun's lips, “You're so gullible Seungri. I didn't murder anyone.”

 

Seungri calmed down a little, “Then why are you so happy?”

 

“If I told you I'd be talking about Daesung, but obviously you don't want to hear about that. So I'll keep my mouth shut.”

 

“You're still mad about yesterday?” a small frown adorned Seungri's lips. Seunghyun always held a grudge for the longest of times.

 

“Never mad, only disappointed.”

 

Seungri folded his arms, “How can I make it up to you. I've already said I'm sorry and I only said it because I was upset, you have to understand that.”

 

“I don't have to do anything.” Seunghyun rolled over, he was playing with Seungri and he liked seeing him struggle. It was the only way Seunghyun would accept his apology.

 

“Seunghyun, come on. Don't be that way. What do you want? I'll buy you anything.”

 

“You can't buy my love, I'm already golden.”

 

Seungri narrowed his eyes, “Conceited bastard.”

 

“What?” Seunghyun rolled over and glared at him.

 

“I said you're a very nice person.”

 

“That doesn't even sound like what you said.”

 

Seungri shrugged, “Oh well.” he pouted, “Do you forgive me?”

 

“For the conceited bastard comment or for yesterday?” Seunghyun tried to keep his smiles down, he could never stay mad at Seungri for to long, even though he didn't know how to shut his mouth sometimes.

 

Seungri thought about it for a couple of seconds, “Mmm, both.” he looked at Seunghyun expectantly.

 

Seunghyun sat up and opened his arms, “Come here.” Seungri gladly accepted Seunghyun's hug and wrapped his arms tightly around him. “Okay, Seungri, I can't breath.”

 

He ignored his comment and didn't let go, “I'm never going to get a hug like this from you again. I can't ever let go.” he buried his face into his neck and smiled.

 

“Oh God, let go you little leech.” Seunghyun tried pulling him off but it was no use, when Seungri didn't want to let go of something you had to use a crow bar to pry it out of his hands.

 

Seungri gave him one last breathtaking squeeze and let him go, “Oh come one, it wasn't that bad.”

 

Seunghyun took in a few deep breaths, “Says the one who wasn't getting the life squeezed out of him.”

 

“The harder you squeeze the more you're showing your love.”

 

“What idiot told you that?”

 

Seungri frowned, “I made it up.”

 

“Figures.”

 

“What is that supposed to mean?”

 

Seunghyun ignored his question, “Do you want to hear why I'm smiling or not?”

 

Seungri sat on Seunghyun's bed and looked at him expectantly, “Go ahead.”

 

“Well I made some progress with Daesung.”

 

“Oh really? How much progress.”

 

“Like two percent.”

 

Seungri blinked, “That's not a lot.”

 

“It would have been more but we almost got caught by Youngbae. I would have like to get caught, but Daesung wasn't having it.”

 

Seungri laid down, “You don't sound to upset about that.”

 

“Progress is progress.” Seunghyun looked at Seungri, “Move over.”

 

“You know when you finally get with Daesung we won't be able to sleep in the same bed anymore.”

 

Seunghyun let out a short laugh, “You hog the covers, and I don't invite you to sleep with me most of the time.” and to prove his point Seungri rolled over taking all the covers with him. “Like I said.”

 

Seungri looked up at him and smiled mischievously, “You have the best covers.”

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes and took back half of the covers, “I only have the best.” he grimaced when Seungri rolled on top of him, “Why are you always so touchy?”

 

“Why can't I show my affection? I'm being a good friend and you never give me any hugs; I always have to ask.”

 

“I just gave you one earlier and you almost tried to kill me.”

 

“You're just weak.” Seungri looked up at him with a Cheshire cat smile.

 

“And you're just needy, and don't ever give me that smile again.”

 

“Okay.” he put his head down on Seunghyun's chest, “It's not my fault you're comfortable.

 

“Oh my gosh just go to sleep.”

 

Another smile adorned Seungri's face, “You mean I can stay?”

 

“There was an option of you leaving?”

 

“No.” he made himself comfortable on Seunghyun and closed his eyes, “You know you love it anyways.”

 

All Seunghyun could do was groan inwardly at Seungri's neediness, he could be worst than a leech when it came to sleeping in his bed.

 

Daesung carried his books from one of his lectures, it had been a long lecture about the different functions of the cell. He didn't even know why he was taking a college course in bio but he had to take it none the less. He walked down the hallway and couldn't wait till he got a chance to set his books down. It was ridiculous how much these professors made you pay for the books they had written they wrote themselves. Daesung sat down at a table and opened his notebook and started studying.

 

He would of liked to not be disturbed but he never had the privilege of being alone now a days, “What is it that you want now?” he flipped through the pages without looking up.

 

“You never give me a nice greeting.” Seunghyun leaned forward on the table to try and peek at what Daesung was doing. Unfortunately from his point of view it was upside down.

 

“There's never a good reason to greet you nicely.” he scribbled a few notes in his notebook and highlighted in his book.

 

“You're just to stubborn to realize that my presence makes you happy.” he tilted his head to get a better angle at Daesung's book.

 

“My world doesn't revolve around you.” he looked up from his notes and closed his book shut.

 

Seunghyun leaned back, “That's to bad, I can be a great sun.” he got up and sat next to Daesung, “But you don't have to revolve around me, I can just be your moon.”

 

“I can't be seen with you.” Daesung got up from the bench and gathered his things.

 

“Are you still worried about Youngbae? I rarely see you with him.”

 

“No, I just don't people to get the wrong impression.”

 

“And what impression would that be?” Seunghyun started walking backwards in front of Daesung.

 

“That I like you.” Daesung rolled his eyes and turned down a hallway.

 

“But you do like me.”

 

“I don't.”

 

“Then what was yesterday?” Seunghyun blocked him from walking in front of him.

 

“That was...a moment of weakness. It won't happen again.”

 

“But how can you say that when you know it will? It's happened before and you haven't stopped me any other time, so what's the point of saying it won't happen again?”

 

“Everyone learns from their mistakes.” Daesung was getting frustrated, Seunghyun was keeping him from making an escape.

 

“Somehow, I feel like you're just making another excuse. Can't you at least admit that you have a physical attraction for me?”

 

“Would it matter if I did? How far can a physical attraction go?”

 

Seunghyun pondered over that, “Pretty far.”

 

“How does that even make sense? What is a physical touch going to do besides give them a short amount of pleasure? It's the emotional parts that keep a relationship together.”

 

“Wait back up, so are you saying you are physically attracted to me?”

 

Daesung let out an irritated breath and side-stepped around Seunghyun. He felt that sometimes he was talking to a wall. He couldn't tell if Seunghyun was playing dumb or he was just trying to get under skin.

 

Seunghyun grabbed his arm, “Hey don't walk away, I was just messing with you.” he ran his free hand through his hair, “I understand what you're trying to say, but I think that the physical part of a relationship keeps a relationship together.”

 

“And why do you think that?” Daesung wanted see how he was going to prove his point.

 

“It's one thing to say I love you. It's another to say I love you and then show your love through a connection between two lovers. Words can only go so far, it's all about body language and touch that seals the deal.”

 

Daesung but his lip, “I guess you're right, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to us.”

 

“So now there's an us?”

 

“That's not what I meant, can you let go of my arm?” Daesung looked at his hand expectantly.

 

“Are you going to walk away?” Seunghyun gave him a challenging look, he knew if Daesung was going to lie to him.

 

Daesung frowned, “I suppose not.”

 

Seunghyun let go of his arm and shoved his arms in his pockets, “Is it really hard for you to talk me to me civilly?”

 

“Well, if it was under different circumstances, then maybe I would mind it so much, but you're always-

 

“Trying to change your perception on how you view me. Yeah I know it can get annoying.” Seunghyun pulled Daesung to the wall, “Sit with me.” he watched as Daesung hesitantly sat down next to him. Seunghyun took his books from him and laid them on his lap. “We can talk right?”

 

“We're talking now.” Daesung stared ahead at the people walking past, where they were sitting was in a quiet hallway that no one usually went through, but you had a good view of the people surrounding you without them having to see you in return.

 

“I mean, will you get in trouble if you're seen with me? I know you have some sort of agreement with Youngbae.” Seunghyun absentmindedly flipped through Daesung's notebook, he looked at the scrawled handwriting on the pages.

 

“We can talk.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“You didn't care before, why are you asking now?” Daesung watched as some girl had trouble with her books, he could tell she was a freshman from her hurried manner.

 

“I don't want to be more of a burden then I already am.”

 

It was about time Seunghyun would get into another one of his solemn moods. He moods were always so flip floppy lately that he felt that he could be bipolar from the way he was acting. He only acted this way when he was around Daesung so he wondered if he had selective bipolarity.

 

“I see then.”

 

Seunghyun went to the back of Daesung's notebook, it seemed like it was full of doodles when you got to the back of the pages. Seunghyun smiled; so our Daesung didn't pay attention in class sometimes. He studied the pictures and frowned when he came to some he didn't quite understand.

 

Daesung snatched his notebook off of Seunghyun's lap and glared at him, “You shouldn't be snooping around in other people's stuff.” he shoved the notebook in his backpack. “You might find something you wouldn't to see.”

 

That just peaked Seunghyun's curiosity, “Like what?” his mind went back to the pictures he looked at. Most of them were drawings of random things that usually came out as unintelligible scribbles, but there were others that were more defined; more personal. “What did those drawings mean?”

 

“Nothing, I just draw when I get bored.” Daesung kept his face turned away from Seunghyun.

 

“Well some were scribbles, but others were random pictures hands or some other random body part. What is that supposed to mean?” it was weird to see the drawings, at first glance they seemed out of place and random, but when you looked at them you could tell there was a secret behind them. One other thing, was that there was no face.

 

“They're just that, random drawings.”

 

“There's that face again.” Seunghyun looked at the slightly pressed lips and the scrunched up eyebrows on Daesung's face. He didn't look like he was angry, just thinking.

 

“What face.” Daesung relaxed his face and looked at him.

 

“The face you use when you're lying, it's barely noticeable when you do it, but I can always tell.” Seunghyun leaned his head back onto the wall, “You're an easy person to read.”

 

“I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not lying about anything.”

 

Again his face moved into that expression, “You're doing it again.”

 

Daesung groaned, “Listen, I don't want you to know about it, okay? Just drop it.”

 

“Okay, that's all you had to say instead of lying anyways.”

 

“Is it really that easy with you?” Daesung looked skeptical.

 

“If you don't want me to know what those drawings mean, then that's all you have to say. I'll just assume it has something to do with me.” Seunghyun gave him a wide grin.

 

“Like I said, my world doesn't revolve around you.” Daesung leaned back on the wall and let his head lazily turn away from Seunghyun. He was tired and sitting on this wall wasn't helping that.

 

Seunghyun put Daesung's books by his backpack and looked at Daesung's drooping eyes. He pulled Daesung down onto his lap and draped his arm over his shoulder. He only got a mild protest from Daesung, but he didn't say much as he laid on Seunghyun's lap.

 

“I think you work yourself to hard.”

 

“I study as much as I need to to pass my classes. You, don't work hard enough.” Daesung looked up at Seunghyun.

 

“I may be a slacker when it comes to my studies, but I can tell when someone is overworking themselves.”

 

“Why do you care?” Seunghyun was about to open his mouth to something but Daesung pressed his hand against his mouth, “Don't say it's because you love me, I've heard that enough.”

 

Seunghyun frowned, “Well then what else am I supposed to say?”

 

“Give me a reason, tell me why do you love someone like me.”

 

Seunghyun thought Daesung must be extremely tired to want to discuss this with him, “I love you in general. As to why, I love you, that's a complete mystery to me, you're a horrible person.”

 

Daesung snorted, “I don't know why either.” Daesung sat up and faced him, “Seunghyun, tell me, is love really something that's worth all this?” he straddled Seunghyun's lap, “Is really worth being with me?”

 

Seunghyun was surprised by Daesung's forwardness, none the less he welcomed it. With a breathless whisper Seunghyun spoke, “It is, it's worth everything.”

 

Daesung shook his head, “No it isn't, loving me isn't worth anything, at least, not from what I've done.”

 

“You're just to young to know what it feels like.” Seunghyun put his hands on Daesung's hips, “Way to young.”

 

“And you're not?”

 

“I'm an exception to the cause. That's why I'm willing to wait, I know you're to young to be able to comprehend my feelings.”

 

“Somehow I feel like you're patronizing me.” Daesung slid his arms around Seunghyun's neck, “I did love someone once.”

 

Seunghyun gulped and swallowed the sudden anxiety he was feeling, he felt like he wasn't in control right now, and that was something he wasn't used to, “With who?”

 

“I can't tell you that.”

 

“Then what can you tell me?” Seunghyun was getting irritated from the position they were in. with Daesung sitting on top of him, he couldn't do what he wanted to; it was all up to Daesung.

 

“I can tell you why I fell out of love with him.” Daesung looked down at Seunghyun's deepening frown.

 

“Then tell me that then.”

 

“I changed, and he didn't. It's as simple as that.”

 

Seunghyun grabbed Daesung's shirt, “So you're telling me you fell out love with someone because you changed?”

 

Daesung removed Seunghyun's hands from his shirt and lifted up his chin, “Exactly, I can't say whether I've changed for the better or for the worst, but I can tell you I did change, along with my love for that person. They never grew up; they never had a mature out look in life, always optimistic like a child.”

 

“What's wrong with optimism?” Seunghyun didn't get where Daesung was going with this.

 

“It isn't realistic, life isn't only about fun and games. There are such things like work and responsibility.”

 

Seunghyun cupped Daesung's face, “You're right, you have changed, and I can tell you it's for the worst, because you were never like this. You had a cleaner outlook on life, what happened?”

 

“Life happened, I grew up. So why won't you?”

>>>>>>>>>>>

It feels like forever since I wrote a colorful letter down here. i wanted to do this when i hit eighty unique subs, because thats my favorite number (well it has my favorite number) Anyways i want to appreciate my subs today. I don't really know how i can do that over the interwebs, but I can give thanks and my undying love for my subcribers. (Did that come on to strong? I'm sorry sometimes i get carried away,) Hmmmmmmmmmm I'll just see what you said about the last chapter.

Chapter 9 comments:

yearofthecat says: Ah! Why did Youngbae have to disturb their make out! D8  :I Say: because he's a hater, I don't know it just happened, he has horrible timing.

hyun4dae says a lot I'll just break it down: If Youngbae comes it'll be like craycray...but he did...and Daesung accept Seunghyun : I Say:How did you know? you're psychic or something, and yeah Daesung is completely stubborn i don't know what's wrong with him. Seriously I don't know, I don't even know what's going to be on the next chapter, i never do.

diamondgurl88 says: OH DAESUNG COME ON. I KNOW YOU WANT SEUNGHYUN TOO. I was expecting a real . Lolz. : I Say: I'm going to need some serious mental preperation if I'm going to write and even then i don't think it'll come out good. Also yes yes I know Daesung, like, he's craycray.

well i bid you ado or however you say that. uhm, did you like this chapter? i don't know if I'm feelin' it. anyways till next time, tell me if you don't like my rambling, or just skip it i don't care.