Sorry Will Never Be Enough

Piecing Us Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            Jongin was checking out the living room while waiting for Kris to take a quick shower and freshen up. Kris found everything looked out of place after he asked Chanyeol to leave the house last night. Everything looked different. Chanyeol's white toothbrush was gone, his black hoodie, his hand lotion and even the photo on the night table was missing from its holder. The room didn't look like their bedroom anymore, it was just Kris and his alone. He opened the closet and found only Chanyeol's suits on the rack. As minimalist he was, he only had three white tees, three pairs of pants and everything Kris remembered was gone from its place.

            Before he left, he found the car keys and the spare key to the house was on the table, just like he requested last night. But it didn't feel right at all. Is it the right thing to do? Should he say sorry and bring him back home?

            Ah...He recalled back what he told Chanyeol the night before he left. Sorry ain't gonna cut it. It hurts when he rephrased it back in his mind.

            "Where is Junmyeon-hyung? Is he still asleep?" Jongin asked while he put his shoes on. Kris bit his lip and took his hoodie on the back of the couch.

            "Y-yeah..." Jongin just shrugged and left with Kris trailing behind him in guilt.

              

 

            "Hyung, what do you wanna talk about?" Jongin asked with a cup of black coffee in his hand. Kris gave him a quick glance and cleared his throat.

            "How's EXO? I-I'm sorry for leaving without telling you guys five years ago..." Jongin just nodded and sighed.

            "It's not your fault, hyung. It's just...can't be helped. We thought we could move on after you and Chanyeol-hyung left but we kept falling and the company decided to leave us on our own. There's no more EXO. Just us." Jongin turned away and looked through the clear window right beside him. The dark cloud has covered the blue sky and seconds later, beads of rain poured over the silent town. Kris closed his eyes, trying to get the puzzle pieces together as sound of the rain came to interrupt his messy mind.

            "W-wait...Last few days Chanyeol told me EXO's doing well...He lied to me. But why?" Kris groaned and held his pounding head. Jongin startled from Kris's words and decided to reach the male's free hand on the table.

            "Hyung, what are you talking about? Chanyeol has long gone. He's dead! You don't remember?" Kris retreated his hand and put it in the pocket of his hoodie instead.

            "No! You're wrong! He was here! With me! We've been living together for three years!" Kris almost shouted and it attracted the other customers to look at the ruckus. Jongin pulled Kris down into his chair and shushed him.

            "Hyung! Chanyeol's dead! He passed away five years ago after the accident! The one that you're talking about, the one that is sleeping in your bed right now is Junmyeon-hyung! You gotta be kidding me...So the accident really did cracked your head..." Jongin slumped down into his chair and sighed heavily. He knew about Kris having a difficult time to forget Chanyeol after the accident but knowing that Kris thought Chanyeol was still alive was unbelievable. So, how about Suho? Does he know about it or he pretended not to know about Kris being paranoia all this time?

            His chest going up and down and his hands shivered from the reality he just bumped into.

 

            Chanyeol...Suho...Chanyeol...Suho...

 

            Isn't that Chanyeol he lulls to sleep everyday? He who brings him to the office everyday? The one who takes care of his well-being everyday? Cooks for him everyday? Why Suho?

            "I thought you're already move on but instead you keep falling back into the past. I don't know why Junmyeon-hyung stuck to you until the end even though you only see Chanyeol-hyung in him. He had sacrificed everything just for you. He left us in the midst of chaos and chose you. Why can't you realize that?" Jongin stared back at Kris that was looking emptily at the wet glass window while biting his thumb.

            Jongin knew about Kris's serious head trauma but he didn't know it had worsened to that extent. So, that explained why Junmyeon-hyung keeps avoiding the reunion. He kept on lying about Kris having important meetings and he, his so-called assistant, can't leave the office freely without Kris's permission. He couldn't tell how Junmyeon-hyung felt everyday being called Chanyeol for the past three years. Junmyeon-hyung looked so fragile yet so strong to take care of the cold-hearted Kris. Jongin was shocked when Kris got up of his chair. He bit his lower lip hard and opened his mouth to say something.

            "Jongin-ah, I'm sorry but...I have to go." Kris left Jongin by himself and ran through the rain on the slippery pavement. The reality slowly invaded his mind as the thunder loudly roared in the sky. His shirt soaked with sweat and rain but he kept on running.

            Slowly, tenderly...The past washed over him along with the pouring rain.

 

 

            "Chanyeol! Wait! ..." Kris tripped over his own feet when he tried to catch Chanyeol who ran towards the door with car keys and jacket. The members witnessed the scene but they didn't want to interfere with their problem. Chanyeol's controversies was enough to cause their group falling apart. Meddling into Kris's and Chanyeol's problem would be the last thing that they would ever do or they will be dragged to the higher up's office, again. After a few lectures, they would probably be sent to the practice room to be punished. They didn't want any of these to happen to their already broken bones and spirit.

            Kris struggled to stand up but with Suho trying to manhandle him up front, it almost made him laugh out loud.

            "Don't go after him. Let him be.  He'll come back when he's done sulking!" Suho glared at Kris but it didn't bother the other leader at all. For him, Suho was just the third wheel trying to meddle into the problem between him and Chanyeol.

            "Suho, all you have to do is to take care of the kids and let me go after Chanyeol because he might hurt himself. Just don't block my way! We don't know what the anti-fans will do to him after he leave this house!" Kris pushed him out of the way, grabbing his phone and car keys before putting on his shoes on his way out.

            " you, Kris! Can't you just listen to me this once? Chanyeol's not a child anymore! He can take care of himself! You're only an extra weight to his burdening stress!" Suho grasped the back of Kris's shirt and the Chinese male glared at him hard before he slapped his hand away.

            "He can't even feed himself for weeks now and you expect him to be able to take care of himself? Don't say that you're caring when all you can do is blaming him on everything happened to EXO. You don't even give a about what's happening to him all this time. You don't know about him so stay away...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter