The Words Left Unspoken

Piecing Us Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*warning for a slight domestic violence.

 

 

            "I wanna meet the members." Kris said when they were in the car heading back home from work. His Audi drove swiftly on the busy road at eight in the evening. He glanced once at Chanyeol who was sitting silently next to him. 

            "We're all busy, Kris. We don't have time for that now. This is not like few years ago when we were still with them." Chanyeol answered with his eyes locked at the car window, staring emptily at the passing cars. Kris could imagine how the city light passing across Chanyeol's flawless face. He remembered how Chanyeol favoured the seat next to the window in their van back then so he can look at the city light and night sky. When he tried to open the window, the manager will stop him because he didn't want any fan to chase their vehicle.

            "No. I mean, we plan a reunion with the members so they can manage their time to meet us. How's that?" Kris took a quick glance at Chanyeol's tense face before looking back on the road. It took more than a minute for Chanyeol to answer. Kris tried not to be aware of time but he knew Chanyeol needed time to find the right word.

            "I-I don't know..." Chanyeol shook his head and his silky hair bounced from the movement. That was the contrast of corporate Chanyeol and casual Chanyeol. There were so much differences between them and Kris tends to like corporate Chanyeol more for his confidence in slapping truth in front of his foes. The casual Chanyeol is messy, confused and out of space. Kris bit his lip and stopped his car on the side of the road. His grip on the steering loosened when he tried to put the right word to talk Chanyeol down.

            "What's wrong with you, Park Chanyeol? Whenever I talk about them, you'd turn pale and even try to change the topic. What's your problem?" Kris rised his voice and made Chanyeol shudder, looking down to his fingers as he fiddled with his dandling scarf. It was a habit that Kris had grown tired with since forever. When they are fighting, Chanyeol wouldn't dare to show his face and do something else instead until Kris asks him to do so. With a click of his tongue, Kris slapped his hand away and he earned a quick glare from Chanyeol. He hated it when Chanyeol pretended to be oblivious especially when it comes to EXO.

            "I have my reason..." Chanyeol muttered and his eyes glistening with fresh tears which softened Kris's heart completely, feeling guilty for slapping Chanyeol's hand earlier. He stopped his hand before it unconsciously come up to wipe Chanyeol's pooling tears.

            "You can't tell me your reason? Since when did you keep your secret from me? We promised we won't keep each other in the dark." Kris leaned over and rested his forehead on the steering, trying to calm himself.

            Chanyeol never hide anything from him - he's so transparent that Kris can easily read his mind and predict his next move. It was rare to have Chanyeol keeping a secret from him without any reason. Chanyeol's shoulder shook a bit as a sign he was trying hard to hold his tears.

            "I-I don't want you to cry anymore! You cried more than enough for the past five years and I won't let you going through it again! It hurts to see you sad because of what happened between us back then." Chanyeol was sobbing helplessly in his seat with muffler covering his face. Kris lost his words and his hand shakily reached for Chanyeol and pulled him into his embrace.

            "C-Channie, I'm sorry for bringing this up. I barely remember anything. That's why I keep asking about them. I'm so sorry..." He whispered so close to Chanyeol's red ear and nuzzled into Chanyeol's covered neck. A hand crept around his shoulder as if trying to soothe him out of his sorry but Kris deserved a slap or a punch for letting his Chanyeol cry.

            "Kris, don't be. I've forgiven you a long time ago. I'm just being too emotional. It's just that- this time, you're not like the usual. You've more conscience than before." Chanyeol wiped his tears against Kris's soft muffler before he felt a kiss landed on his temple.

            "It's okay, Channie. I promise I won't bring this thing up ever again." Kris pushed Chanyeol lightly and looked into his lover's eyes. Chanyeol blushed and shyly smiled when the other male kissed his lips.

            "Don't promise on something that you can't even remember..." Chanyeol muttered when the car started to move again.

 

 

            That morning, Kris woke up to an empty space beside him. He clearly remembered that Chanyeol was fast asleep after their intense make up last night and used Kris's arm as his pillow but there was no Chanyeol. Kris looked at the clock and it was still five in the morning. That's weird. Chanyeol was never a morning person and he'd only wake up when he need to go to the bathroom. Kris brought the blanket close to his body when he heard a thud on the kitchen counter.

            He slowly tiptoed towards the hallway in his pajama pants and saw Chanyeol looking deeply at the white box on the counter as if he was going to bore a hole over the box. He then turned his attention to an orange transparent bottle beside the box, dropping a few pills into his palm before he gulped it down with some water. He peeked again only to see Chanyeol put the bottle back into the box and hid it on the highest shelf. Kris realized that Chanyeol's idea was brilliant to hide these thing so high up. Even Kris couldn't reach it despite his tall statue. If he didn't get to see this, Chanyeol might hide that thing from him forever. Kris quickly tiptoed back to the room when he saw Chanyeol looking around.

            He pretended to sleep when he heard the door being locked. Chanyeol climbed up the bed and laid beside Kris before he put his hand softly on Kris's cheek and caressed it. The tears fell on the pillow as he couldn't hold it in any longer. The pain in his heart was just too real and he let out a sob after minutes of holding the tears. Kris slowly opened his eyes and his eyes lingered to Chanyeol's pink cheeks and nose.

            "Why are you crying?" Kris bought Chanyeol's head close to his chest and Chanyeol went calm after listening to his heartbeat.

            "Nothing. I was just thinking about something..." Chanyeol muttered under his breath and snuggled closer to the warmness. Kris sighed softly as he guessed Chanyeol must have his own reason to hide his problem from him. It's good though...Maybe Chanyeol didn't want to see him in sorrow.

            But why can't Chanyeol trust him with his secret?

 

           

            Kris sat on the couch, watching TV show while waiting for Chanyeol who has gone out to buy some groceries. He looked at the front door before walking into the kitchen. His long arm reached for the box inside the cabinet and pulled it out safely. Kris took a deep breath as he opened the white box. His hand shakily lifted the orange bottle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter