Theory 5

Theories

Ever since that day Jongin saved Kyungsoo from the rooftop, he hasn't been able to get those soulless eyes out of his head. He has constantly kept tabs on Kyungsoo ever since then. But, it wasn't until one day in music class when Kyungsoo had to perform his solo that Jongin began to see him in a different light. On that day, Jongin thought he spotted an angel with a voice of a siren. It might or might not have been love at first sight, but he certainly admired the boy enough to gather up courage and ask to be friends. Soon though, there was no doubt that his feelings grew. During lunch time about a month and a half after the rooftop incident, he finally manages to give Sehun the slip by telling him his Noona urgently needs him. Once reaching the rooftop, he looks around frantically almost expecting a figure to be dangling along the edge again, but Kyungsoo is nowhere to be seen. With a defeated sigh, Jongin closes the door and slumps down on the floor. He is just about to fall asleep when he hears a scruffle and spies a hand quickly retracting from the corner of his vision. Jongin gets up and walks over only to see Kyungsoo innocent eyes widening ginormously at being found out.

"Are you spying on me," Kyungsoo says.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking that?" Jongin laughs, "I'm pretty sure you were just peeking at me."

"No, no....I wasn't!" Kyungsoo replies indignantly, "I was sitting here...thinking!" he splutters.

"Oh yeah? Thinking about what? Jongin questions, amused at Kyungsoo's quirkiness.

"About...the rules of life"

"The rules of life? What rules?"

"Have you ever thought about how quickly life ends? Yet, we are spending everyday doing the same mudane things over and over again. We spend 12 years in school only to go to college for 4 more years of school; and what is all this education for? To hopefully earn a job where we do the same thing every day so we can hopefully get paid enough to have kids who go through the same sad life we did. What is the point?" Kyungsoo spats; "where is the joy in life?"

"Hmm...you right," Jongin replies, "that is what it looks like in the big picture doesn't it?"

"Exactly...that's why life is pointless and..." Kyungsoo continues but Jongin cuts him off.

"But if you zoom in and look at all the small parts that make up the big picture what do you see? I see that one time my best friend threw me a surprise birthday party; God, I was so touched I made sure to get Sehun the new gameboy for his birthday. Or maybe, the first time I watched my favorite movie, I felt so happy and warm at the same time, happy endings do that to you, you know? Or even simply the times when I am curled up in bed reading my favorite novels as the rain pitter-patters in the background. And even now, this moment right here between us; these are the joys in my life" Jongin states. "Life is about those small special moments when you think 'wow, I'm glad to be alive', don't you ever feel that?"

"I'm not sure..." Kyungsoo murmurs, "there are times where I think 'maybe being alive is not so bad', but being glad about it? Not so much".

"Birthdays?" Jongin asks.

"I don't celebrate my birthday because no one remembers it" Kyungsoo answers.

"Holidays, then..."

"We don't celebrate those in my house either..."

"Seeing the first snow!" Jongin exclaims.

"Snow makes me cold".

Jongin growls. "How is that possible?!"

Kyungsoo flinches. Looking over, Jongin sees that Kyungsoo looks lost and maybe a tad lonely. He is holding his hands tightly clasped together around his knees, big eyes staring off into the distance, almost as if seeing something ungraspable. At this image of Kyungsoo, Jongin's exasperation quickly subsides to be replaced by a sense of protectiveness.

"When is you birthday?" Jongin asks.

"Uh...January 12th?" Kyungsoo tells him, abeit a bit confused.

Jongin grins happily, "Great! We can celebrate our birthdays together from now on then! Mine's on the 14th!"

"Wait, what?" Kyungsoo sputters.

Jongin turns towards him seriously, "From now on you are going to feel happy about being alive, I'll make sure of it", he claims with the utmost self confidence and resolve. Then quickly his expression turns from serious to happy once again as he glances up at the sky. "Well Kyungsoo, won't you look at that! We are in luck! Its the first snow! Hurry hurry, we have to get down to the field, thats where the snow gathers best!" Jongin shouts while grabbing Kyungsoo's hand and pulling him down the stairs.

Kyungsoo glances between them at their intertwined hands and figures that judging from the warm tingles surging up his arm, maybe snow isn't that cold.

 


This goes back to somewhere after Theory 1 so maybe I should call this Theory 1.5 insead? haha.
ps. if anyone has a theory they would like me to use please comment and tell me...running out of ideas T__T
Also, just straight typed this out but I'll try to edit it later!