Prequel

Theories

If I don’t see you, you don’t see me; that was the theory Kyungsoo lived by. Of course he knew that it wasn’t true, but he liked to pretend. Which is why when he walks through the halls at school he likes to look down and pretend that no one else exists. Its because if he pretends that no one else is there, then no one will pay attention to him. And maybe, then they wont see his ugliness.

"Kyungsoo, why are you so shy? Your cute and you sing well!" people say, but he knows they are all lies in the form of kind words; because if his own mother says otherwise, she has to be right.

And although when Kyungsoo is just with his friends he allows himself to believe their kind words and smile, Kyungsoo drops his face down and glares at the ground as he walks alone in the dark long hallways of school. This way no one will see the abnormal shape of his eyes, the crookedness of his awkward smile, or the distorted form of his huge nose.

This is probably why he never sees Kim Jongin staring at him from afar, willing him to look up when they cross paths.

This is probably also why they didn’t fall in love sooner; but its ok, because they do, eventually; when Jongin gathers up the courage to say his first words to Kyunsoo instead of willing Kyungsoo to look up and see him with his mind; when Jongin tells Kyungsoo his name and tells him he thinks Kyungsoo’s smile is beautiful and hopes that he’ll smile more; when Jongin nervously asks if they can be friends, or at least acquaintances; this is the begining. A begining of a love story between a boy who hates himself but has no reasons to, and a boy who shows him that he shines more beautiful then any star in the galaxy. A love story between a boy with many theories and a boy that loves him enough to go out of his way to disprove them all. Its just a beginning, really.