Theory 3

Theories

Kyungsoo has doubts on the concept of “seeing is believing”.

"Do you believe in God, Jongin?"

"mm, I don’t know, I guess I do in the sense that I believe our paths are set out for us by someone. Does that count?"

"So you believe in destiny?"

Jongin glances towards his right at Kyungsoo who is blissfully staring up at the sky, hair touslling softly from the wind.

"Yeah, I do" Jongin whispers, "because destiny brought me to you didn’t it?"

Kyungsoo blushes a pretty red and smiles shyly towards him.

"Do you believe in the unseen then? I don’t know if I can believe in something I can’t see with my own eyes."

"I don’t know Soo; we can’t see the wind but its there right? But, we see the effects of it through the rustling of leafs and drifting of clouds, that why we believe in it."

"But fate is not as simple as wind, you don’t see the effects" Kyungsoo counters.

"Your wrong, the effects are right there in you and me, the future us are our fated destiny, is it not? And us, in love, right now, is what we were destined to be from the past" Jongin murmurs as he grabs Kyungsoos hand.

"So you believe in the red string of fate?" Kyungsoo whispers.

"I do, I can almost see it, the little knot of red on your pinky linking to mine" Jongin lifts and kisses Kyunsoo’s hand. "Its got to be real, it brought us together, right?" Jongin says, and Kyungsoo can just visualize his sweet smile from his voice.

Kyungsoo turns and smiles brilliantly at his boyfriend.

"Your right, it did, so it must be real" Kyungsoo sighs contently.

Between them a thin yard of red string glistens in the sun, unseen by either of them.