He, who has some answers

The moon is our sun

 

He woke up with a dizzy feeling in his head. He felt tired and his head was aching. He tried to open his eyes but as they saw the light he got even dizzier so he closed them again and concentrated on the noises instead. He remembered that he had been injected with something and had been knocked out immediately. He heard Daehyun’s breathing right next to him. It was slow and deep and he was quite sure he was still unconscious because the last thing he could remember was that he saw someone infecting something to Daehyun but at least he seemed okay. He was in sitting position his head resting side warts on was felt like a leather couch. He concentrated on his smell. There were three other persons besides Daehyun and him in the room. Two of them were vampires and in addition to that powerful immortals and one of them was human. Youngjae guessed that his kidnappers had not noticed his awakening so he said in his position and listened to what they were saying to maybe get a hit of what was going on.

“Why do you have to call me angel?” asked a high pitched voice that belonged to one of the vampires.

“It’s not my fault. I didn’t invent the gesture, you did,” said the human.

“Junsu, show it to us,” said the other vampire.

“No, I won’t to it.”

“Show it to us,” said the other male.

Then both of them were laughing and something seemed to be really funny because they couldn’t stop.

“This is embarrassing. You always make me do things and make fun of me,” said the high pitched voice that seemed to belong to someone called Junsu. Youngjae found that name familiar and tried to recall a vampire called Junsu but he couldn’t really place the name anywhere.

“I’m too old for that,” the vampire complained.

“You’re never too old for that,” the human answered.

“What is your plan for the day after we helped those two Yoochun?” the vampire asked.

“Don’t know what is yours?” asked the human

“Soccer,” exclaimed the vampire excitedly.

“Really again.”

The second name sounded oddly familiar for Youngjae too and suddenly he could place where he heard the named Junsu and Yoochun. It was just a third one missing and he hoped those two named where just a big coincidence and the third one would not math up.

“Jaejoong, one of them is awake,” said the one called Yoochun and shattered Youngjae’s hopes. Youngjae opened his eyes now because it didn’t make any sense to pretend to be asleep now. He noticed that he was in a flat that was decorated with expensive looking furniture and the big windows showed a great view of the city. If he should guess then he would say that he was in a penthouse right now. He punched Daehyun’s arm in hope the other would wake up but he didn’t. The three of them were coming toward him and took a seat opposite him on the couch. The one called Yoochun had short dark hair and was wearing dark trousers and a grey turtleneck. The one in the middle had blond hair in his eyes. He was wearing ripped jeans and a black V-shirt which made his fair skin look even whiter. It reminded Youngjae of Himchan’s skin and there was no denying that you saw that the same vampire bloodline was connecting both of them. The third on had blond hair that was cut short on one side and falling down his face a bit on the other. He had heard of those three. There were so may rumors about them that he had no idea what was true and what wasn’t but every story he knew about them had one thing in common and that was that they were powerful and strong and would fight with anyone that got in there way. He had the feeling Daehyun would know more about them but he couldn’t just ask him with them sitting right in front of him even if he would be awake right now. He only heard that they kept themselves away from the council even if Kim Jaejoong and Kim Junsu were from the same bloodline as Himchan was. It had to do something with an argument way back then and what had caused it was only been speculated but Youngjae thought that the man that was sitting beside them had to do something with it. The way he looked at Youngjae and the way he was conscious of his surrounding every second told him that he came from a hunter’s family and hunters and immortals never befriended each other. Or so he had thought until now.

“You don’t have to be afraid,” the one called Jaejoong told him.

“Wouldn’t you be if someone had drugged and kidnapped you?” Youngjae told him in a rather unfriendly tone.

“I guess. I’ve never been in such a situation. How is Himchan?”

“Do you know Himchan?” Youngjae asked him.

“No I don’t,” Jaejoong told him.

“So why do you care?”

“He is from my bloodline and while I’m not very fond of most of them I thing he is one worth saving,”

“You’re doing a great job than, kidnapping his bodyguards.”

“He isn’t in danger at the moment.”

“How would you know?” Youngjae asked him his voice getting louder with each word he spoke.

“I want to help you. Before you say something let me tell you that I know kidnapping you wasn’t the best way to show you but were a bit short of time at the moment and when I say we then I actually mean you two because someone already made their move to get Himchan out of the way so we don’t really have a great amount of time to get to know each other,” Jaejoong explained to him and despite the seriousness of the situation Youngjae had to ask himself if talkativeness could run in a bloodline. Youngjae’s thoughts were disturbed by Daehyun who was finally waking up. And as to be expected by him he wasn’t thinking the situation through and started to attack the first person that he saw as a threat and that was the vampire that was sitting right on the opposite of him. But before he could even put his hands on Junsu the human was blocking his way trying with all his might to keep Daehyun away.

“Stop it,” he said to Daehyun who much to Youngjae’s surprised listened to him for once.

“What’s going on here?” he asked frozen in his movements one hand still on the arm of the human.

“We’re not going to hurt you if you’re not trying to harm us,” Jaejoong tried to calm him down.

Youngjae indicated to him to sit down next to him which Daehyun did. It wasn’t the cleverest thing to do but at least it showed Youngjae two things, firstly the human was indeed a hunter, there was no other way for someone to have a change against an immortal any other way and secondly there was something between the hunter and the younger vampire he had seen it the way the hunter had looked at him.

“Why are we here?” Daehyun asked.

“You are here because I want you to keep Himchan out of danger and to do so you’ll need my help,” Jaejoong told him.

“We are capable of doing so without your help,” Daehyun countered.

“Yes, we can see that,” Yoochun told him with a smirk on his face.

“We don’t want to harm you, I just want to tell you some things and then you are free to go and decide if you want our help or not,” Jaejoong went on.

“There are members of the council that want to see Himchan gone. They would have done so a while ago but then Himchan’s strange talent for turning bitten got discovered and so they couldn’t but now, now they have found him guilty and they are going to imprison him for what he was done.”

“They won’t find him. He is somewhere safe,” Youngjae told them and did not know why he was even giving them this information.

“They were watching his every move and not only his but all the people around him. Your nice lake house in the woods isn’t nearly as safe as you’d like it to be. I want you to understand that this is a game of power that has been going on for a long time and it’s not going to be over with hiding.”

“Isn’t that what you do?” Daehyun asked him.

“We already fought out battle,” the hunter told them.

“What do you want us to do? Go against the council, the two of us against hundreds? And it’s not only the council that is trying to harm Himchan, there is someone different going against him,” Youngjae said.

“Himchan has to make allies, he was to take action,” Jaejoong told him.

“And you two have to tell him to do so. That’s the only way to get out of the situation alive. We’re going to help you to get him to a place really nobody knows about and from there you have to make plans how to take action and Himchan has to be at the front.”

“Who are you to tell us what to do?” Daehyun asked.

“I’m not telling you what to do. It’s all a suggestion. I am powerful enough to make you do what I want but I’m not going to. I want to tell you that it’s a fight you cannot win on your own,” Jaejoong tried to explain.

“I don’t think Himchan wants to fight anyone,” Youngjae said.

“He’ll have to because someone has started the game and you’re not having good cards at the moment.”

Youngjae did not want to trust them, he had hears so much rumors about them and hardly any of them painted them in a good picture but he could not deny that what Jaejoong was telling him was actually true and he was from the same bloodline so he had a connection to Himchan. Youngjae had quite a good sense for when someone was lying and the new they were not. They may have intentions that went beyond rescuing Himchan but he doubted that they wanted to harm him.

All of a sudden a phone was buzzing. He noticed that there were at least six different mobiles at the table but it seemed to be none of them.

Yoochun then put a phone out of his pocket and silently read a message someone had sent him.

“They have activated the hunters. They are coming for Himchan,” he said.

“Now is the moment you have to decide if you want to blindly trust us or run to Himchan on your own,” Jaejoong told them and he wished Himchan was there to make the decision for them.

 

+++

 

He woke up with the feeling of someone going through his hair in slow stoking motions. It felt nice. The feeling reminded him of when he was just a kid. He couldn’t really place the memory but it’s there somehow. He doesn’t even try to place it but rather tries to remember how it felt like and it felt warm and comfortable just like it feels now. He realizes without even opening his eyes that his head is resting on Himchan’s lap and it is him who is playing with his hair.  He doesn’t need to open his eyes he can feel Himchan’s presence as if the vampire was radiating an aura of some kind. He doesn’t understand how that is possible but he tries to ignore all the questions that start to form in his mind because he doesn’t want to destroy the tranquility of the moment. Himchan starts to hum a melody. He starts to remember again. The melody isn’t right and the tone is way too deep but sill there is something that feels right about it. He wishes that he could just stay like this forever.

“Forever is a really long time now,” Himchan tells him interrupting the humming.

Junhong decides it’s time to finally open his eyes. As he sees Himchan’s smiling face he is relieved it wasn’t just a dream. He is constantly afraid that all he is experiences would suddenly just stop and he would have to go back to his old life.  The thought that someone might have drugged him and that he was hallucinating things was in his mind for quite some time now and it was scaring him.

“It’s all real,” Himchan tried to reassure him.

“Are you reading my thoughts?” Junhong asked him while sitting up. He was sting in a chair next to the bed where Himchan was lying and seemed to have been fallen asleep in a rather uncomfortable position but he felt nothing out of the ordinary.

“No, I can’t read thoughts but I notice how you feel and thing my part,” Himchan explained.

“Oh, okay,” he answered.

“Should I try not to? I don’t want to invade your privacy but I just can’t help it. We are connected now that I turned you. I’m really sorry about that.”

“Stop it please,” he told Himchan and in an instant felt Himchan’s regret and guilt and noticed he was misunderstood.

“No, not the emotion-thing, the constantly-saying-sorry-thing,” he tried to explain.

“Oh,” Himchan just answered and he noticed a bit of relieve in Himchan’s emotions.

“It must be scary feeling all this things,” Himchan said letting it sound like a question.

“A bit. It’s overwhelming and it’s just so much in one moment. But it’s not like I’m feeling frightened more like being startled. There is so much that I don’t understand.”

“I wish I could help you with that,” Himchan said and Junhong was amazed how much he meant it.

 “How was it for you?” he asked him.

“I never turned. I have always been like this.”

“Oh,” Junhong just said not knowing what to answer to that.

“Jong Up might be a better help there. He turned not too long ago.”

“He already helped me. He told me I will grow more comfortable in a while.”

“You must have a lot of questions,” Himchan said.

“I don’t know. I think I’m too confused for questions. I don’t know,” he answered.

“If you have any questions or if anything is bothering you, you can always tell me, okay?”

“Okay. Thank you,”

“For what?” Himchan asked him but Junhong just shook his head unable to express what he was feeling. He thought it didn’t mind anyway because Himchan would notice his feelings anyway even if he might not understand them.

“You are tired,” Junhong noticed.

“Yes a bit,” Himchan answered.

“Zelo, do you want to go outside with me?” Jong Up suddenly asked appearing behind him.

“Sure,” he answered and followed the other. They opened the door really quickly rushed outside and closed it behind them so that not too much of the sunlight could get inside where Himchan was. Junhong still was not used to moving this fast. He felt dizzy without the dizzy felling inside his head. As if his mind got dizzy because he couldn’t comprehend what he just did. His body reacted without complain. The weather was great today. The sun was up high and only a few fair-weather clouds decorated the sky. He held his face to the sun and closed his eyes but he could not feel the heat on his skin.

“You’ll soon forget how it was to feel warm or cold,” Jong Up told him.

“Have you heard or conversation? You came exactly as I said Himchan felt tired,” he asked him.

“It’s hard not to. You hear everything within a certain range.”

“So Himchan knew that you were listening.”

“Yes. And I know he is listening right now. If you hear everything like we do there are only to things you can do either accept the other is listening or keep quiet until you’re somewhere out of listening range.”

“I probably should get used to this soon.”

“You can take your time with everything. Himchan is going to make sure nothing’s happening to you.”

“You have gone to this. How long will it take to feel normal?” Junhong asked him and hoped he wouldn’t tell him a long time.

“I don’t really now. It’s not like on one day it feels different and on the other normal. It’s a blurry transition. Suddenly you’ll notice that you haven’t noticed anything. I don’t know if I’m explaining it well,” Jong Up tried to explain to him.

“I think I understand what you mean,” Junhong reassured him.

“Can I ask you another question?” he asked Jong Up who sat down under a tree facing the lake. He sat down next to him.

“Sure,” he answered.

“Are you and Himchan friends? Or do you work for him? The other two, Daehyun and Youngjae work for him, right?”

Jong Up smiled at him and he had the feeling he had asked something stupid and got embarrassed.

“It’s both of it. I work for him but I’m his friend. I’m even more. He saved my live once.”

“Did he make you a vampire?” Junhong asked still having a strange feeling saying the word.

“It’s a bit more complicated than that. Do you want to hear the whole story?” Jong Up asked him.

He was a bit torn what to answer. On one hand he was curious what Jong Up would tell him on the other he didn’t know if it wouldn’t make things even more complicated as it already was. He didn’t understand half of the things that were going on and was afraid to get even more confused. In the end curiosity got the better of him and he asked Jong Up to tell him what had happened.

“It’s now been three years since I’m turned. That’s one thing you should know. We don’t often use the word vampire, we talk about the turned or the immortals. Don’t know why. Just use these.”

“Oh, okay. It’s better. Talking about vampires is strange. I think about the movies if seen and stuff like that,” Junhong told him.

“I was doing that at the beginning, too. But now it’s fun to watch these and fins all the mistakes. We should watch some together sometimes. Back to the story, I was walking home from playing basketball with some friends. They were all going in another direction so I was walking home alone when someone attacked me. I had no idea what it was and what was happening. All I remember now is that it was really painful. My memory is kind of blurry than. All I know is that I was moving around the streets and it felt like something was burning inside me. There was this strange power out of nowhere and I felt angry and hungry but not knowing why and for what. And then two persons tried to hold me back and I was fighting them. I thought it was too persons. I later got to know it was Youngjae and Daehyun and then I remember nothing.”

“So a vampire, sorry an immortal drank your blood? And after that you became a vampire, right?”

“No. It doesn’t work like that. An immortal drank my blood and turned into what we call a soulless. You can only turn when someone drinks your blood and gives you his blood at the same moment. I turned into a monster. Something that has a tiny bit of vampire strength from the biting in his system but is condemned to die a few hours or days later. It apparently depends on how much of whatever is in the system.”

“But you didn’t die?”

“Daehyun and Youngjae found me. Immortals normally kill soulless. You have to understand that they hurt people otherwise and they would die anyway. Daehyun and Youngjae are trained for doing this. But things went a bit different in my case. Youngjae and Daehyun were driving home from the Kim’s mansion as they smelled a soulless and came to kill me. But I attacked Youngjae because of all the blood.”

“Which blood?”

“Ah, yes. I forgot to tell you that Youngjae’s clothes were full of Himchan’s blood because they had tried to take some of Himchan’s blood and but human blood in his system to make his stronger but Himchan kind of opposed to that idea and made a mess. So he was drenched in Himchan’s blood. And they were driving home to take a shower I guess.”

“But Himchan’s blood is not human blood.”

“I think I was in a situation where I couldn’t really tell the difference as I can now. I really don’t remember much. That is all what I got told later. I attacked Youngjae because of the blood and kind of liked the blood from his shirt. Sorry, that’s kind of disgusting but apparently I did that.”

“Kind of like a dog that likes his master’s hand because he had food in it,” compared Junhong and Jong Up shook his head as he apparently imagined him as a dog.

“I got some of Himchan’s blood in my system and calmed down immediately. Daehyun and Youngjae found it strange so instead of killing me they took me to Himchan and he gave me more of his blood and I turned completely. So I’m like the first one that turned because of two immortals. Himchan is the only one that can turn soulless and I was the first whom he turned. End of the story.”

“You’re not the best storyteller. What about the stuff like, ‘It was a cold and stormy night’?” Junhong said.

“I wanted to inform you, not tell you a bedtime story,” Jong Up replied.

“Thanks for the information even if I still don’t understand everything. Do you always stay with Himchan?” Junhong asked hoping his idea would be right.

“Yes. Why?”

“Because I will be staying with Himchan now, right. Can we be friend than?”

Jong Up just smiled at him.

“Sure,” he said and Junhong felt relieved and less alone because he had the feeling that Jong Up knew the chaos he was feeling right now.

 

+++

 

He noticed how Himchan began swaying as he walked. He wanted to help him but Zelo suddenly appeared out of nowhere and put an arm around him. It was still strange for Yong Guk to see them moving this fast. At some moments he totally forgot what they were and then he was remembered again and it always took him by surprise. He began to ask himself if it was even possible to see them as something normal, to totally ignore everything that was beyond his comprehension or if there would always be a part of him that wanted to keep a distance. As he was trying to figure this out for himself, he gave Himchan and Junhong more space to get to know each other. They seemed to get closer to each other every second that past and they seemed to build a connection that was different to that of friends. They seemed to notice what the other was feeling. The only thing Yong Guk could compare it to was the connection he had to his twin. It was something that could not really be explained anyone else. He cared for his brother more than for anyone else and nothing would ever change that and this was the reason he still hadn’t mentioned him to Himchan even if it would be possible that his brothers blood had the same effects than his. He still wasn’t sure what was going on and he would never put his brother into a dangerous situation, he just couldn’t. He decided he would try to do what he could do for Himchan so there was no reason to get his brother involved in the first place. He looked at Himchan who was leaning on Junhong and seemed to have lost all color in the face. Junhong guided him back to the bed and Himchan was lying down again. Yong Guk went towards the bed.

“Do you need my blood?” he asked him awkwardly. It was strange to speak it out loud. If he didn’t he could try to ignore that Himchan was not human but by speaking it out there was no denying.

“You already gave me you blood Yongguk. Thank you.”

“But I could give you some again if you’d feel better,” he suggested.

“Humans don’t regenerate blood that fast. You can’t just give me blood whenever I feel like getting some. I have to wait at least a month or two. I’m still a bit weak because of the accident, the next time you give me your blood it’ll have a much better effect I guess.”

“So you’ll just wait?”

“Isn’t it what humans do when they hurt themselves, wait till it’s healed again?”

“Yes,” he answered and couldn’t quite get why it made no sense for him if Himchan did something that he otherwise would consider normal. Nothing seemed to make sense anymore.

“So is there anything else that would make you feel better?” Yongguk asked and noticed how the boy was standing right next to him and apparently was waiting for the answer, too. Out of curiosity he was looking where Jong Up was and saw him near the fireplace playing with him mobile a concerned look on his face. He made a mental note to ask him what was wrong later.

“Actually there is something that would make me feel better,” Himchan said. Yong Guk waited for Himchan to continue but the other looked down on the blankets that were now covering him.

“And that would be?” he asked.

“He is hungry,” Junhong answered the question for Himchan instead.

Yong Guk had to laugh as he saw how Himchan became embarrassed how Junhong had told it so freely. He had never seen how Himchan behaved like that acting cute looking down at the covers acting like a small kid. In an insteand Jong Up was nest to him. Again Yong Guk hadn’t even noticed his coming.

“I’m sorry,” Jong Up told him.

“What for?” asked Himchan.

“For not noticing,” he answered.

“How should you have noticed?” asked Himchan Jong Up in return.

As both of them were disusing Yong Guk turned to Junhong.

“Do you want to help me?” he asked him.

“Help with what?”

“Cooking something,” he answered.

“I can’t cook, but I can help you,” he offered him.

“Good, because neither can I,” he told him as they made their way to the kitchen. The last time they ate something they had ate what Youngjae had prepared for them but this time Yong Guk had the apprehension they had to make something on their own and the last thing they would need now was one of them getting food poisoning.

The kitchen was small and consisted of cupboards of dark wood but had a big modern fridge and a modern stove with inductive cooktops and other extras that were rather expensive. Yong Guk went through the cupboards on by one until he found what he was looking for. The only thing that he was confident in cooking was instant soup so he took for of the packages and filled a big pot with water.

“There is nothing I can be helping you, if you’re only cook instant soup,” Junhong told him.

“Well, you could set the table?” Yong Guk proposed. He hadn’t really had much chance to talk to the boy since they met the first time and he thought that his would be a good opportunity but now he really did not know what to talk to him about. Yong Guk never was good at starting conversations so an awkward silence occurred. Neither of them said something as Junhong put some chopsticks at the table and they both waited for the water to start boiling. Yong Guk felt always a bit out of place so he could hardly even imagine how hard it must be with Junhong to cope with the situation. He wanted to be of help but he had no idea how to do so because he did not understand himself what was going on. Junhong was walking around the kitchen, and then he opened the fridge and looked through it. Yong Guk had already noticed that Junhong was either totally active and could hardly keep still or really sleepy. It was never something in between. He found nothing good in the fridge and started to move around the kitchen again. Unexpectedly he stopped in his movements and had a disturbed look in his face.

“Is something wrong?” Yong Guk asked him while ripping open the small packages with the soup base and putting the content into the now boiling water.

“I don’t know. Jong Up just told Himchan that he could reach neither Daehyun nor Youngjae and that they normally would stay in contact. Himchan thinks something might have happened to them.”

“What now? We can’t look for them,” Yong Guk said.

Junhong just shook his head.

“Himchan says that we have to wait for them. They can handle the situation themselves,” Junhong told him. Yong Guk could feel the tension in the house.

“Get Himchan and Jong Up. Let’s eat something first,” Yong Guk told Junhong and tried to sound as reassuring as possible. If the other could feel Himchan’s fright he should at least not notice his. With Daehyun and Youngjae gone the only thing that kept them safe was that nobody knew where they were, Yong Guk had figured out that much and he hoped that whatever happened to Daehyun and Youngjae that they could not get in contact with them they would at least not tell anyone their location. While stirring the noodles Yong Guk thought about the benefits of being one of them. He would not feel so weak and useless all the time. It would be a great advantage when it came to protecting Himchan but he guessed Himchan could not use his blood and so there was no point in turning into one. But he couldn’t say for himself that he wasn’t intrigued by the power they possessed. But Yong Guk guessed that it was what would happen to any human being.

Himchan and Jong Up sat down at the table and tried their best to hide their gloomy expressions.

“This really seems to be your favorite food,” Himchan said as Yong Guk put the pot in the middle of the table.

“Yes. And it’s the only thing I can cook,” he answered.

“This can’t even be considered as cooking,” Himchan told him.

“Guess then I can’t cook at all.”

“What do you like besides ramyun?” Himchan asked him and Yong Guk noticed that he wanted to talk about just anything than Daehyun’s and Youngjae’s missing.

“Well the most delicious thing is still rice in barley tea,” he told him and Himchan almost choked on his noodles as he burst out laughing.

“And pickled food and sweet bean jelly,” he went on.

“You have a taste like a grandpa,” Himchan commented.

“What about you, Zelo?” Himchan asked.

“Kimchi. I like everything that’s made with kimchi,” he said.

“What is yours? I never asked?” Himchan asked Jong Up but his answer got interrupted by something. Yong Guk didn’t know what but Junhong and Jong Up jumped up simultaneously.

“Someone is coming,” Jong Up said.

“Is it Daehyun and Youngjae?” Himchan asked.

“I don’t know. There are cars coming, three of them. If it’s Daehyun and Youngjae they are not coming alone.”

“When?”

“We’ve got some 10 minutes, probably less.”

“What should we do?” Yong Guk asked hoping anyone would take the lead but Himchan just shook his head.

“There is nothing we can do except waiting who will come through that door,” Himchan answered him. And so they waited while the soup got cold. Everyone had lost their appetite. The moment began to drag on forever. Everyone was sitting at the table in anticipation of something they did know nothing about and looked at each other trying to convince the other through looks that everything would be alright in the end even if they did not believe that themselves.

The door burst open with a crash even if there was no need to open the front door forcefully because they hadn’t looked it in the first place. He heard Himchan screaming up as sunlight touched his skin because the table was right in the middle of the room and in direct line to the door. Jong Up immediately pushed Himchan away towards the shadows. They had had time enough but no one thought of it because everyone’s thoughts were playing out scenarios what could happen next. Yong Guk could sense that the persons coming through the door came with ill intentions. It was something in the way they came through the door. He got up and positioned himself in front of Himchan and Jong Up. To his surprise Junhong stood right next to him.

“Hunters”, he heard Jong Up say and he had no idea what it meant but the way he said it was full of fear so it couldn’t mean anything good.

As they came into the room Yong Guk noticed it was seven of them and all of them were muscular, tall and carrying weapons that were pointing directly towards them. There was nothing to do then to surrender and hoping they would not make use of the firearms they were holding.

“On behalf of the council and the bidirectory contract the immortal being Kim Himchan was judged by the members of his own kind and has to go with the hunters that enforce the judgment as it is declared in the contract. Any disobedience will be punished with execution,” one of them spoke with stern voice. He heard a shriek coming from Himchan. He remembered Daehyun and Youngjae saying something about turning a minor was a crime and it would lead to consequences and Yong Guk guessed the consequences were now standing in front of them. As they came some steps closer he saw how Junhong was moving directly in front of Himchan blocking there view.

“I recommend Mr. Kim to come with us so nobody will be harmed,” the man spoke again. He was dressed in black trousers and a black leather jacket and his hair was longer and put back in a small ponytail. His cold dark eyes were not leaving Himchan for a second. He noticed how Himchan was trying to stand up again the same moment Junhong was moving towards the man. Then everything seemed to happen at one. The man pushed Junhong down and Himchan screamed up in furry. He had never seen Himchan like that. He was running toward the man ripping him away from Junhong with a force Yong Guk had no idea Himchan was possessing. Jong Up was trying to hold Himchan back while Yong Guk could only watch how every one of them was aiming their weapon at Himchan waiting for the signal to fire. He went to Junhong and tried to make sure he was okay. He heard Himchan screaming that they should leave Zelo alone.

“Take me away,” he said to them.

“But leave them. Just me. I’m coming with you,” he told them and he could see him shaking and gasping for air. His face was red and sweaty. Two of the man grabbed Himchan and put his arms back to but handcuffs on his wrists. Yong Guk was terrified at what was happening but he could do nothing to prevent it. He knew that if he tried something they would just make use of the guns and the outcome would be even worse. But looking at how Himchan was being treated was painful. They dragged him towards the door and Himchan screamed again as he made contact with the light. Junhong screamed up, too. Yong Guk guessed he could feel Himchan’s pain, so he put an arm around him and tied to hold him back from running toward Himchan and doing something hazardous again. Himchan fell on his knees but was pushed up forcefully by those who held him and dragged on. Junhong began to grab his shirt while tears where running down his face.

“Don’t hurt him, please!” Junhong begged them put nobody even turned at his words. Yong Guk wished nothing more than to be strong enough to do something but he guessed that even if he would be a vampire it would be impossible to fight seven persons carrying guns. Himchan was being taken and all he could do is watch it happen.

“You can’t take him,” Junhong was screaming after them.

“I can,” the man answered him.

“Can you?” a voice said and out of nowhere more people where in the room. Then everything around him started to move. People where fighting he saw someone getting kicked and another one getting punched but it was happening so quickly he could not make out who was fighting. He could just make out Himchan’s figure kneeing on the floor in the middle of it all while everyone around him was fighting and nobody was looking after Himchan.

“Stay here and don’t move,” he said to Junhong.

“But…,” he wanted to say something but Yong Guk cut down his words.

“Stay,” he told him forcefully and tried to make his way towards Himchan. He heard a gunshot and jumped down instinctually. He saw one of the men lying on the floor not moving but tried to turn his eyes away from him and move on to reach Himchan. As he reached him and put a hand on Himchan’s shoulder he tilted towards him. Yong Guk let Himchan fall into his arms. He was not looking good his eyes all glassy and out of focus but at least he was still breathing and conscious. Yong Guk looked around because it got silent all of a sudden. He saw Jong Up, Daehyun and Youngjae stand there over what he hoped where unconscious bodies of the ones that called themselves hunters. Only one of them was still standing but in the tight grip of a tall man with short black hair.

“Yoochun, why are you doing this?” the hunter asked.

“Because it’s the right thing to do,” he man answered and punched him in the face with such a force that he got knocked down immediately. Next to him stood two other persons he hadn’t seen before. They had both blond hair and had an aura around them that reminded him of Himchan and he had a feeling they had to be immortals as well.

“We are going now,” the taller of the blond one said. And with this the two turned to his side and they disappeared without saying another word as fast as they had appeared. It was hard to comprehend what had been going on but he guessed that they got up lightly for now. All of a sudden the felt a sharp pain running from his arm all the way through his body and got him screaming up.

He saw how Himchan’s fangs where buried into his arms and Himchan’s eyes had this hungry and wild look that frightened him. He had known that Himchan was no human but at this instant Himchan was looking like a monster and he wanted nothing more than to get away from him.

 

Author’s note:  Here is the next chapter. I hope you like it. I want to thank you again for all the great comments. I really appreciate it.