He, who should have died

The moon is our sun

The night was dark. No moon could be seen and heavy clouds covered the stars and blackened the city sky. He was freezing as he walked along the bridge. He could see his breath in front of him and lowered his head not to feel the cold wind in his face, as he wrapped his sweater with his arms closer to his body and cursed himself for not bringing a jacked with him. He grabbed a cigarette box out of his pocket, rapidly lighted it, puffed it and buried his hands back in the pocked of his sweater. It wasn’t far from the small apartment that he rented and he fastened his steps to escape the cold as quickly as possible. Maybe he was freezing more than usual because he was really exhausted. The club, where he was working at as a bartender had been crowded today and he had to deal with some girls hitting on him. He loved his job, working at nighttime and listening to music, feeling the beat running through his body, but he hated girls getting wasted and trying to flirt with him, while he couldn’t understand a word of their slurry speech.

He heard some footsteps behind him. Just another person who made night into daytime, he thought.

“Would you mind waiting up, I have question?” the stranger behind him asked.

He halted and turned around, waiting till the stranger reached him.

“How can I help you?” he answered a bit bugged because he wanted nothing more than to reach home and fall asleep under his warm blanked.

“What is your name?”

“Why do you care?” He had thought the man wanted to ask for directions or something like that, he wasn’t in the mood for some small talk, but the answer of the stranger completely took him aback.

“Because I want to know who I kill.”

This was the moment, where he decided it was better to run. But only a few steps taken the stranger grabbed his shoulder with an immense force and he stumbled backwards. He pressed him against a wall of a house and grabbed his throat.

“What is your name?” asked the stranger in a more aggressive tone. He could see for the first time that he was a guy, not much older than him, dressed all in black with a strange reddish-golden glimmer in his eyes.

“Yong Guk, Bang Yong Guk,” he answered hoarsely.

Then something happened that Yong Guk had not expected at all. The stranger sank his sharp teeth into his neck. Burning pain radiated through his whole body. He could feel his every heartbeat in his head. He tried to shove the man away, tried to punch and kick him, tried to scream but no sound came out of his mouth. He felt his body getting weaker and weaker with every drop of blood he lost. He didn’t want to die, not today, not in this kind of way. He pulled all his strength together and started struggling under the stranger’s strong grip for a last time. In a flash the man disappeared into the darkness. Yong Guk let himself slide down on the wall, not having enough strength left so stand anymore and felt his consciousness fading.

 

He woke up noticing that he was still lying on the street where he had been attacked. His body still felt weak and he had to steady himself on the wall while trying to stand up. He dragged himself forward feeling the red liquid wetting his shoulder blade and arm as he heard someone shouting directions behind him.

“I think he went left,” he heard a male voice scream behind him.

“Did he went left, or do you just think he went left?” another man answered.

“Don’t you trust me at all?”

Yong Guk had hoped, the persons this voices belonged to, would change directions, but instead he could hear their arguing coming nearer and nearer. Luck didn’t seem to be one his side today at all. He tried to move faster but his feet just wound not let him, he was simply too exhausted.

“Do you smell that?”

“Yes, it’s right in front of us.”

“If there is blood and a vampire is one the run, someone could have been bitten,” one of them said full of excitement.

“Don’t you say.”

Yong Guk knew the persons were right behind him, but he also knew there was no way he could avoid them and for the second time his day someone forcefully pulled his shoulder.

“Yes, he is definitely bitten”, said the man with the exited voice, belonging to a man with brown hair with some blond highlights dressed in jeans, a skull shirt and a black leather jacket.

“Daehyun, you shouldn’t be so happy about that, if Himchan could hear you talk,” the other one, dressed more casual in dark trousers and a warm grey jacket, objected.

The surrounded Yong Guk to both sides and snatched his arms. What frightened Yong Guk was that they both had the same reddish-golden spark in their eyes as the man who hurt him before.

“Please, just let me go,” he begged and couldn’t think of a time where he felt more humiliated. These two didn’t look stronger when him at all, he even thought they were a few years younger but he was not capable fighting any more.

“Look Youngjae, he is still mortal.”

“He was bitten, he can’t be mortal.”

“I know he can’t be, but look at is eyes and smell his blood, he is no vampire. And if he is still alive, bitten and not a vampire, than he is mortal.”

“Should we kill him now? Law states that Mortals who are bitten and not turned should be

killed.”

“I don’t know. The law states that no mortal should die in the hand of an immortal.”

Yong Guk was certainly not the type of guy who was easily frightened but being hold captured by to unexpectedly strong guys arguing whether they should kill you or not scared the hell out of him.

“We can’t kill him. Himchan should decide.”

“You’re probably right.”

“Not probably. I’m right.”

“Do you always have to fuss about such small things?”

“I’m not making a fuss.”

“Yes you are.”

“Whatever, let’s take him to the car.”

“Shouldn’t we like patch him up or something?” asked the one in the grey jacked as they tried to move me along the street.

“We can’t get him to a hospital.”

“Who said something about a hospital?”

“So what did you mean?”

“The first aid kid in the trunk. Have you never used that, stupid?”

“Well, I’m so sorry that I heal fast.” The one in the leather jacket got really annoyed of the situation and tried to drag Yong Guk along even faster, which caused him to stumble over his own feet because he was getting more and more dizzy probably because he was still losing blood. His whole arm felt wet and he had no idea how much this monster had drunken.

“Himchan wouldn’t like to see him like this, right?”

“I don’t know what Himchan is going to do with him. He certainly can’t stay.”

All this talk about this person called Himchan who seemed to be in charge was confused Yong Guk. He had the feeling that nothing good would come out of a meeting with this person. He already pictured him sitting in leather chair like some kind of mafia boss staring down on Yong Guk who was forced to kneel in front of him.

Yong Guk wanted nothing more than to escape these two but they still hand a tight grip around his arms while arguing what to do with him. All these things happening to him, being bitten in the neck and held captured by to not so dangerous looking but kind of really dangerous guys talking and their mortal immortal talk got him to one solution and he didn’t know if he should laugh or cry at the thought of dealing with vampires.

 

Author’s note: Thank you very much for reading this chapter till the end. I hope you liked it. I have almost finished the second chapter. If someone asks me to, I will update the second chapter, if not I just assume my writing style is still not that good and I will practice a bit more.  I’m not really confident about writing in English. Sorry for all the mistakes. Thanks again for reading. Have a nice day. Bye