He, who tasted like strength

The moon is our sun

“I’m Himchan. Kim Himchan.”

“Bang Yong Guk.”

Himchan could see Daehyuns and Youngjaes surprised faces. Apparently they had expected a different kind of reaction. Jong Up just stud there smiling, looking as if his thoughts where in his own little world. Himchan mustered Yong Guk. He had short black hair and skin that definitely saw some sunlight. He liked that, because his own skin was so white that he felt it could get translucent any moment. But Himchan was particularly fond of his blood. His blood smelled human and strong, Himchan could feel it rushing through Yong Guk’s veins. It smelled like a warm open fire on a cold winter night, like wood and ardor with a hint of ramyun and Himchan likes this smell.

“You are certain he should have died.”

“He lost more than 3 liters, he should be dead, he should be a soulless,” explained Daehyun.

“I think so, too. He should be dead but he even tried to run from us,” Youngjae affirmed.

“We didn’t know what to do with him. He is out of any category,” he explained further.

 

 

“Tell me what the hell is going on here!” Yong Guk shouted, his deep voice resonating through the room while throwing a punch on the table making the tableware vibrate. The room felt silent in shock. Nobody had expected that and nobody knew what to say. That was until Himchan started to laugh.

“This is awesome,” said Himchan laughing while rocking his body back and forth. Everyone else watched him in awkward silence not finding this funny at all.

“My two well-trained warrior vampires got afraid of a mere human. This is brilliant.”

“But he’s got a point,” Himchan continued, “I would go livid to if everyone talked about me and my blood and other things I can’t understand. It seems I have some explanation to do. This could take a while, would you like some coffee.” Hopefully a cup of coffee would warm him up, Himchan was freezing again, even if everyone had told him vampires couldn’t feel the cold he certainly could.

“No thanks”

Himchan just looked at Jong Up who understood the massage and left the room.

“How much have you told him?”

“Nothing,” Daehyun just said.

“Nothing at all?”

“Well he should have figured a few things out be now, shouldn’t he?”

“Vampires,” Yong Guk said, making Himchan smile. At least he didn’t to be one of those persons who denied what is obviously right in front of their eyes.

“You are right, we are all vampires, everyone in this room except for you.”

“Do you want to kill me know?” Himchan found it amazing, that Yong Guk had still a stern look on his face. He should be afraid but even if he was, he did not show it.

“Vampires don’t need much blood, half a liter is more than enough and human bodies don’t mind losing a bit of blood. Vampires don’t kill people, it makes no sense to kill if they can supply you their life time long. Why would we kill our food supply?”

“Because they would tell everyone they were bitten.”

“Most of them are too afraid to tell and some of them don’t even notice it, vampires like the night time when their humans sleep. But this is all in the past, nowadays there are blood banks and some other ways.”

“So how do you explain what happened to me?”

“There is a vampire out there who kills people one after another, drinking more blood he can possibly need. We labeled him as a serial killer and it was Daehyuns and Youngjaes job to look for him as they found you.”

“What was this monster-thing they were talking about.”

“A person, who is bitten and drained to death turns into what we call a soulless, sometimes referred to as monster. It’s a human craving for blood, without a heart and a soul, dammed to death a few days after.”

“That’s why they wanted to kill me?”

“Yes. We commonly kill those vampires because they harm anyone and everyone around them and they will day a few days later anyway.”

“So if you are bitten, you will not become a real vampire?” Himchan could see how Yong Guk relaxed just a tiny bit.

“You have to be killed, your blood has to be drained and you have to get vampire blood in your system almost simultaneously. It’s not an easy thing to do.”

“So you could just turn me into a vampire here and now?”

“No, probably not. With your knowledge and mindset you would struggle against it and even if your body couldn’t, your mind would and sometimes your mind is even stronger than your body. We would almost certainly just kill you and I told you before we don’t really like to kill.

“Would you like to know anything else?”

“When can I go home?”

“There is only one more thing I would like you to ask.”

Himchan had to squint his eyes a lot and they began hurting. As much as Himchan liked daytime the sun was definitely not his friend.

“I want to try his blood,” Himchan said.

“No,” Daehyun, Youngjae and Jong Up said in unison.

“Just trying a bit.”

“We don’t know what is wrong with it. We should make some test first,” tried Youngjae to reason.

“We never make test on any human blood.”

“What if it makes you feel worse?” Daehyun objected.

“How much worse can I possibly get,” Himchan said and turned to Yong Guk after shooting some glances at his bodyguard, telling them to stay quiet.

“May I taste your blood?”

“No way,” he almost growled.

There he was, a mere human denying Himchans wishes. Himchan was not used to this behavior in front of him and it interested him. Not only did Yong Guks blood and body seemed to especially strong, his mind was, too. Himchan wanted everybody except Yong Guk to leave the room, but he knew they wouldn’t leave him alone and he did not want to force them. Using such a measure that was based on his degree of society felt cowardly. If it was something he achieved on his one, maybe than Himchan would have felt different about it, but as it was he felt unworthy to use this method as forcing someone to do something.

“I won’t bite you, I’m not as much of a bad man,” he said pouting. Acting cute helped him get what he wanted most of the time, but this guy only cringed.

“We are going to draw some blood with a needle. I’m not trying to harm you. Please.”

“They are going to do this anyway, right?” Young Guk said while pointing at Daehyun and Youngjae.

“No,no, it’s not like that. I’m sorry they took you here in such an impolite manner, but you have to understand, that his situation was quite unexpected even for us. We are not some kind of monsters who bite people and drain so much blood that they die. What happened to you was a really bad illegitimate action that we wanted to prevail. I just want to know if you blood may help me.”

“Help you which what?”

“Becoming healthier”

Himchan could see that Yong Guk was thinking about it.

“No biting?”

“No biting.”

“Ok, you can have a bit of my blood if I have your promise that I can go home afterwards.”

“But what if it works?”

“Yes, what if?”

“Then I might need more.”

“So what, I should just become your personal blood bank?”

“I would not dare such a thing. Just a bit of your blood and you can go home and will not see me ever again.”

“Ok,” Yong Guk said and rolled up the sleeve of his hoodie.

“Jong Up, go upstairs and get some needles.” Jong Up ran upstairs and came back seconds later leaving Yong Guk slightly confused. He then filled four needles with Yong Guk’s blood. Afterwards he fetched a glass and poured the content of two of them inside and brought it to Himchan. Himchan starred at the glass for a while than looked at Yong Guk who looked almost as nervous as he felt himself. He put the glass to his lips while all eyes were on him. He drank and saw Yong Guk’s astonishment knowing that his eyes turned color while drinking blood. He had never tasted anything like that. It tasted like water in the middle of the desert, like medicine for a healing throat, like honey for a starving person and all Himchan knew is that he wanted more. He felt the blood rushing through his veins, felt energy flood through his body, he had never felt his amazing. He felt warm as if heat was radiating through his body. Himchan wanted to feel like this forever. He wanted this human to stay be his side and it broke his heart that he had made a promise to send him home. He had doubted that Yong Guk’s blood changed anything, too often someone had come to Himchan with some new kind of method, saying it would all get better and it never got and would he have known Yong Guk’s blood would have this kind of effect he would have probably been a lot more selfish. Himchan didn’t know if he felt on top of the world or in depth of despair right now. He looked Yong Guk in the eyes. Yong Guk looked confused and uncertain.

“Himchan, how do you feel?” asked Youngjae carefully.

“I feel good, I feel really good.” Himchan’s voice was stronger than usually and wavering at the same time. 

“Jong Up.”

“Yes”

“Drive him home,” Himchan said, his voice sounding sad.

“You can’t just…,” Daehyun wanted to object but Himchan silenced him with a glance of his. Apparently they all noticed that Yong Guk’s blood gave him a bit of strength back.

“Drive him home,” Himchan said, this time around sounding more determined.

“It has been a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Bang,” he said, standing up and put out his hand. He was amazed how easy it felt to stand.

Yong Guk shook his hand without saying anything.

Himchan remained seated listening to Yong Guk and Jung Up leaving wishing they would not.

“Thank god, you’re the quiet type. Those other two they act like an old married couple all the time,” Yong Guk stated. Himchan could hear a car door opening.

“That’s because they are an old married couple,” Jong Up answered him mundane. The sound of a motor was fading slowly.

 

Author’s note: So here is the next chapter which some explanation about vampires and all that stuff, I hope it didn’t get to borin. Sorry, for using French quotation mark before, I changed than now. Thank you so much reading, subscribing and commenting my story. Bye