He, who should be strong

The moon is our sun

“Good morning”, Jong Up said, as he entered the bedroom of his master. Heavy dark curtains hid the tall windows, blocking the few of the nice grand garden. He saw some movement beneath the gray satin blankets, showing him that his master was already awake. The rest of the mansion was decorated in a rather antique old-fashioned way, but his master decided to re-decorate his rooms to a modern sophisticated style, much to the dismay of his parents. Jong Up didn’t mind, as long as his master was content. Many thought he was just obedient because Himchan has saved his life, certainly this was partly the reason we he decided to take this job, but mostly it was because he just liked to work for Himchan. Jong Up didn’t mind his constant nagging and continually having to take care of him because he was too weak, without hearing a single thank you. Jong Up knew Himchan better than most people and recognized if Himchan was fond of him even if he most of the time didn’t act like it at all.

“Should I open the curtains?” he asked.

“What’s the weather outside,” he heard him mumbling underneath the blankets with his deep hoarse voice.

He took a peek between the curtains to see a beautiful sunny morning, no cloud anywhere. Yesterday had been cloudy and cold; he had hoped it would stay that way for a few days longer.  

“It’s sunny.”

“Then leave them closed.”

Even if all the windows of the mansion had been covered with some kind of an anti-uv-protection his master’s eyes still began to hurt if the light was too bright.

“Do you consider coming out under those covers?”

Jong Up only got a grumbling noise as an answer. He wanted to scold him lightly as the doors flung open and a furious Mrs. Kim entered the room. Not that Jong Up hadn’t expected this to happen, but he thought it would be a bit later, hopefully after breakfast.

“Where are Daehyun and Youngjae?” Mrs. Kim asked him.

“I send them on patrol at night,” Himchan answered for him. A head with messy blond hair emerged under the blankets.

It was Jong Ups occupation to take care of Himchan, so it was his job securing that Himchan was save all the time, too. But he had to do as Himchan told him and if Himchan send his bodyguards on patrol then there was no arguing with that.

“They are your bodyguards, so they should be by your side all the time.”

Lucky for him Mrs. Kim knew how unreasonably Himchan could act so he gave no fault to Jung Up.

“They are warrior vampires; they are trained to patrol the streets, besides I don’t leave the mansion so nothing can happen to me, Youngjae made sure to install cameras and all this security equipment everywhere.”

Jong Up kept quiet, he knew it made no sense interfere in this argument and he had a talent for being silent.

“Don’t you know how important it is that nothing happens to you?” said Mrs. Kim while sitting down at Himchans bed and petting his hair.

“Yes I know, only my blood can cure bitten humans that otherwise turn into monsters, but I would not have had to cure three people that day, if someone found the vampire that kills innocent humans out there.”

“It is important because you are my son, and I want to know you safe.”

“I am safe in here.”

“Jong Up, talk some sense into him, please,” Mrs. Kim said and left the room sighing. Yong Up knew Mrs. Kim could never be really angry with Himchan knowing that it was partly her fault that he was in this weak condition. Marring a strong pureblood seemed the right thing to do for creating an even stronger bloodline considering the number of vampires decreasing more and more. Never had anyone thought the blood could be too strong, too strong even for a vampire to handle leaving Himchan physically weak and confined to bed most of the time. Drinking human blood helped him a bit, but human blood was weak against that of vampires and the effect was only short-lived.

Jong Up waited until Mrs. Kim was out of listening range to tell Himchan the news. If she was unpleased now she would be furious after what Daehyun told him.

“Himchan?” He had crawled under his blanked again, showing no intention of coming out.

“Hmm…” a muted sound could be heard.

“Daehyun called me in the middle of the night.”

Finally Jong Up got Himchan’s attention.

“Has he found him?”

“No, he is still on the run, but he found someone even more interesting.”

“Who?”

“I’m going to tell you after breakfast. What do you want?”

“Blood and coffee.”

“To eat. You can’t just life from blood and coffee alone.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“But you’re skin and bones.”

“Tell me who he found.”

“You eat something and I’m going to tell you.”

“That’s blackmail.”

“Yes, you could call it that.”

“You know that I turned you and that I am pureblood, if I would force you, you have to obey.”

Jong Up had been the first Himchan had given his blood to. He had been bitten by a vampire, who had to much blood living him to turn into a bloodthirsty monster with neither mind nor reason that normally would have been killed by the vampire society, if it wasn’t for Himchans incredibly strong blood that could turn people even hours after being bitten. Since Himchan was the only one possessing this power he had become extremely valuable not only for Jong up, but for all the persons he yet had to safe from death.

“We both know you will not force me.”

“We both know I don’t need to,” answered Himchan looking up at Jong Up with big puppy eyes and filling his cheeks with air.

 “I tell you while you get some food into your stomach, deal?”

“Deal.”

Jong Up was lucky, that it didn’t belong to his job to cook for Himchan, because not only had he rarely any appetite, he also was quite a gourmet when it came to food.

 

When Jong Up returned with a tray of food and of course also a glass of blood and a cup of coffee Himchan was sitting upright in bed, his hair combed and without midnight silk in his eyes waiting for Jung Ups return.

“What has Daehyun found?” asked Himchan and tried some of the scrambled egg.

“He is coming home with a bitten human.”

“That’s the event of the day, another one I shall save,” reacted Himchan furious.

“He is bringing back someone that is still mortal.”

“Wait, I still don’t get it, what is so special.”

“He should have died. Both Youngjae and Daehyun stated that he has been bitten one-hundred

percent by our serial killer and had only a minimum of blood left in his body. He should be a bloodthirsty vampire by now and yet somehow he is not.”

Himchan starred at the glass of blood in front of him.

“So his human blood could be incredibly strong.”

“This is what we think, but we have to wait until they are here.”

A smile appeared on Himchans face revealing his bunny teeth.

“My mother will never allow a human on the property, you have to make her go out of the house.”

“Me? What?....How?”

“I don’t know, think of something.”

“I can’t do that.”

“I won’t eat my breakfast if you don’t start thinking of a plan.”

“That’s blackmail”

“Yes, you could call it that,” Himchan answered with a smirk.

 

***

 

The drive had been long. Yong Guk had hoped to gain some information about what was going on and why he was being kidnapped by those two, but they were emerged into a discussion about extraterrestrial life, apparently a topic a certain Jong Up started and had not changed the topic until the car reached a tall iron gate.  The guy driving, Yong Guk remembered him being called Daehyun by the other scrolled down the window and tipped in a security code. The gate opened leaving sight to a grand building which certainly had a very European feel to it, surrounded by a big garden. The sun which had begun to rise a few minutes ago illuminated the house in a warm golden glow. Even if this was surely not his choice of style he could not deny the beauty of it. One thing was sure, whoever owned this building was not short on cash.

 

Deahyun drove the car to some kind of underground parking space, where Yong Guk could see a few really expensive looking cars, but he had no knowledge of car brands because he had neither the interest nor the money for such. Youngjae opened the backseat door and pulled Yong Guk out a little less aggressively as he had thrown him in. Surrounded by the two he went an elevator that brought him what seemed to be the ground floor. The inside of the mansion fit the exterior, polished marble and antique looking vases on antique looking furnishings. They made him sit down on an expensive sofa next to a fireplace which much to Yong Guk dismay had no fire burning which would have been rather strange considering it was still quite early in the morning but he was still freezing.  

Yong Guk was torn. All his instincts told him to run away as quickly as possible, but everything around him was so exiting and fascinating, he felt as if he was trapped inside a movie.

“Is Himchan coming down or should we bring him up?” asked the softer looking one, took of his jacket and took a seat opposite to him. Daehyun was still standing, his arms crossed in front of him.

“How should I know?”

“Normally you act as if you know everything.”

Yong Guk was a person who enjoyed silence and those to cold not keep quiet for more than a few seconds. His strength was slowly returning therefor his patience was running dry and Yong Guk usually had a lot of patients.

“He is coming down.”

“I see that myself, thank you.”

“You were the one who asked.”

Yong Guk’s eyes followed these two and he saw someone coming down the big tiled staircase. A man around his age or maybe a bit younger with an unusual violet-blond hair color accompanied by a shorter brown haired more muscular looking guy came down step by step. At closer observation Yong Guk saw that the blond guy leant on the other one having problems going downstairs. As they came closer he saw that he had milky white skin and his eyes had an even more unusual violet-red glow in them. Youngjae stood up and both Youngjae and Daehyun bowed while Yong Guk remained seated and waited for the short one to say something thinking this was the so called Himchan his kidnappers had been talking about.

“Himchan, take a seat,” Youngjae said while pointing to the sofa opposite of Yong Guk were he had been sitting before.

“He is the one we found.”

Yong Guk saw how the blond one mustered him closely.

“What is his name?” he suddenly asked having a deeper voice than Yong Guk had expected. Daehyun and Youngjae looked at Yong Guk than back at each other and shook their heads.

“We haven’t asked,” Youngjae said with a careful voice. This was when Yong Guk noticed his mistake. The blond one apparently was the one in command.

“Wait, wait, wait,” he intervened, “he is the Himchan you have been talking about?”

“Yes, he is,” answered Daehyun, “but it’s not your turn to speak.”

Yong Guk just ignored what he said. Until now they hadn’t hurt him so he thought he could risk it to be a bit bolder.

“Oh, isn’t he like your leader or something,… I just thought he would be scarier and … stronger?”

Yong Guk earned a hateful glace from the short guy next to Himchan, while the smile of the blond one turned into a pout making him look like small child and Yong Guk immediately regretted having said such words. He could see he had hurt him with those.

 

Author’s note: Thank you for showing interest for the story. I think I can’t do anything other in return as to tell you that I’m already working on chapter 3 and will upload it probably on Monday. In my story vampires have to eat normal food as well and don’t sparkle. I grew up with other vampire stories then twilight. Have a nice day. Bye.