Thank You Rain

It Started With The Rain

Chanyeol’s POV

Noona came back to the living room for the second time to get Jihyun’s things and take it to her room. Since it’s too heavy, Suho hyung and I volunteered to help her. I also wanted to see her more closely. I miss my best friend so much and I really wanted to talk to her.

We got inside and she’s not there. I’m guessing that she’s in the bathroom. I really wanted to stay and wait for her but Noona’s already signaling us to go back.

We got back to the living room and conversed with the elders. Noticing the time, Abeoji ended the conversation took Jihyun’s parents to the guest room while Noona took Suho hyung to the other guest room. You might be guessing how Jihyun got her own room in the house. Well, since Omma considers Jihyun as her daughter, she and Abeoji agreed to customize the other guess room for her. It’s just beside my room so it’s easy to get to her when she sleeps over.

Heading to my room, I passed by Jihyun’s room. I really wanted to talk to her so I took up all my courage and reached for her doorknob but I was taken aback when I heard sniffles and soft murmurs loud enough for me to hear.

“Park Chanyeol~ I miss you so much~” My left hand was frozen, holding the door knob while my right hand traveled to my chest, clutching it to ease the pain. “I’m sorry Channie-ah~ I shouldn’t have loved you~ Pabo~ Pabo-yah~” she chants again and again. It hurts to know that I’ve caused her so much pain because of the one mistake I said. Tears started to fall from my eyes.

Then, someone placed a hand on my shoulder causing me to jump on my place and turn around and saw Noona. I wanted to hug her and let her cradle me and hum me to sleep but I stayed strong on my ground.

“Now you know what she’s been going through this whole year. You’ve hurt her so much. Do you know that she doesn’t want to come back here because of what happened? And now she’s scared that it will happen again.”

“Noona~ Eotteoke? I miss Jihyun so much…” I cried. Then Noona hugged me and patted my back.

“Talk to her tomorrow. Let her rest first. You also need to get some rest and prepare for tomorrow. Arachi?” I nodded as Noona guided me to my room. She tucked me in and kissed my forehead before she left. Bittersweet memories flooded my brain and tears flowed from my eyes until I drifted to dreamland.

>>NEXT DAY<<

Jihyun’s POV

I woke up hearing the thunders echo through the room. I shot up and felt my head throbbing painfully. I looked at the clock and saw that it’s still 4 in the morning. I tossed and turned but I can’t get myself to sleep. I’m too scared and my head hurts so bad that I can’t fall asleep. I wrapped myself in warmer clothes and decided to walk around the house.

Few minutes of walking from hallways to hallways, my body carried me to the kitchen to get some water and maybe to drink some medicine because my head is still throbbing. I saw that the lights in the kitchen were dimly opened so I peeked in to see who was there.

He’s there… Sitting on one of the counter stools… Drinking hot chocolate… Breathing hard… Tears falling from his eyes… I don’t know why but he looked so broken and seeing him like this makes my heart cringe.

I really need to talk to him. Maybe this is the best time but I’m too weak to handle another drama. I mustered all my courage and entered the kitchen because I desperately need some medicine.

Chanyeol’s POV

I can’t sleep comfortably with all these thoughts in my mind.  I looked at my phone and realized that it’s already 3 in the morning. I decided to open the TV but it isn’t helping at all. I decided to roam around the house and find something that would help me relax. Going from room to room, going to the arcade room, to the library, and to the theatre room is really not helping. I decided to just hang in the kitchen.

Opening the refrigerator, I saw the carrot cake that Noona and I baked two days ago and took it out. I took a slice and placed it on a small plate. I also brewed hot chocolate and poured in my favorite mug. Just sitting here alone helped me to slowly think about what I did to Jihyun. Tears started to form in my eyes and I tried to stop them from falling but I can’t. I just let the table be flooded with tears just like my mind flooded with painful memories.

In the middle of my thoughts, I was cut off by the sound of heavy footsteps and sniffles. I looked up and saw Jihyun slowly making her way in the kitchen. She looked completely broken. Her eyes were all puffy; her lips and cheeks were so pale; and her nose is red. It must be from all the crying last night. Guilt washed over me when our eyes met and locked. The atmosphere was filled with tension and awkwardness.

“Uhm… Good... Morning Chanyeol-ssi” she said weakly and hesitantly. I jumped on my seat and quickly stood up and wiped my tears.

“Good morning hyunnie!” My greetings seem to have shocked her because she stiffened. “Why... are you up this early? Bad dream?” I asked her.

“I can’t sleep… Bad dream and thun-“ the thunder roared and echoed loudly through the kitchen. She ran to the corner of the kitchen, squatted and covered her ears. I quickly panicked because I knew that she’s Astraphobic. I ran to her and stood her up. Her cheeks were already wet with tears and her ears were still covered with her hands.

“I’m scared…” It pains me every time I see her like this. I uncovered her ears and quickly hugged her, engulfing her in my embrace. Oh, how I miss this! To be able to hold her in my arms again. To be her protector again when she’s scared or when she’s hurt.

“Hey, it’s going to be alright…” I hushed her and wiped her tears with my thumbs. She’s hot, literally hot! She’s burning! “You have a fever!” I was about to let go of her to get a thermometer and some medicines but her eyes slowly closed down and her breathing slowed. “Yah! Jihyun! Gwaenchanha?!” I tapped her shoulders hard enough to wake a light sleeper like her but she’s not waking.

I carried her in bridal style and rushed to her room. I placed her in the bed and took off her jacket and scarf. I tucked her in a thin blanket because she’s shivering before I took the medicine kit and some warm water.

I checked her temperature and thank God that her fever’s not that high. I also checked her pulse and her breathing to make sure that she’s completely alright. I placed the water and medicine she needs on the bedside table and placed a cool fever on her forehead. I sighed when her pulse and breathing was normal and sat on the edge of the bed beside her.

Few minutes of observing, I stood up and decided to go back to my room but she started crying.

“Hajimaseyo… Channie-ah, bogoshipo… I don’t want to lose you again…” Jihyun started mumbling the words I heard last night. My heart ache seeing and hearing her like that. She started clutching on her chest and crying very hard. I quickly went back to where I was sitting a while ago and hugged her.

“Shhhh… I’m here… Channie’s here and I’m not going to leave you again.” When she started to calm down, I wiped her tears with my thumbs and held her hands and trailed soft kisses on it.

She’s still crying so I decided to stay beside her until she wakes up. I got on the other side of the bed and lied next to her. I engulfed her in my embrace and rested my head on top of her head. I can feel her hands clutched my shirt and her body snuggled closer. After what feels like years, we both drifted off to sleep…

Jihyun’s POV

I woke up feeling a lot better. I dreamed about Chanyeol taking care of me. In that dream, he worriedly looked after me and nursed me until I fell asleep. I felt arms on my waist si I turned around only to be greeted by Chanyeol’s angelic sleeping face. Even though I’m awake, I’m still thinking about him. Do I really miss him that much? What is wrong with me?!

Little did I know, tears are already falling from my eyes. I reached for his face and traced the contours of his closed gentle eyes, the bridge of his nose, his chubby cheeks and his red lips. Suddenly, his eyes opened and I flinched and was about to fall but his hands supported me and prevented me from falling. “Am I still dreaming?” I asked myself a little too loud, still processing Chanyeol’s actions.

Chanyeol smiled and shook his head. Then I realized that everything that I thought a dream was real. Everything that happened was real. More tears were flowing from my eyes. Chanyeol panicked, seeing my expression.

“Hyunnie~ Please stop crying~ I don’t like seeing you like this. It hurts my heart…” he said softly and wiped my tears. I tried to escape his embrace but he held me tighter. I tried prying his hands off my waist but his grip was too strong.

“Jihyun~ I need to talk to you… Deul eojuseyo” I nodded. He lightened his embrace, rested his chin on my head and my hair. It feels good to be back in my safe haven, where all my pains and troubles are washed away by just these simple gestures that Chanyeol always do when he sees me broken.

“I’m sorry Jihyun. I’m really sorry for what I did last year. I didn’t mean to trash your heart like that. I was just drowned by the fame in school. I was so eager to make new friends when we stepped in high school. I changed because I want to be different. I don’t want to be the dorky Chanyeol that everyone bullies. I want to be THE Chanyeol that everyone loves. I was too blinded by the attention everyone was giving me that I didn’t even notice my own best friend drifting away from me. Days passed, I didn’t really care about you because I thought that you were just another person in my life. But weeks passed, our classes were resumed. You looked fine to me as if nothing had happened. You acted cold around me and I didn’t have to know the reason why. Of course, it was my fault. It was then did I realize the effect of not having you by my side. It was so hard without you so I tried of thinking ways on how to build our friendship again but I know that you would not accept me. I asked for EXO’s help, even your brother, but they were all telling me that it’s my responsible to clean the mess I made. The best decision that I’ve made was to just give you some time and some space and that’s what I did. Then, a year later, it all happened again: the rain, the flood and your stay here. I saw your break to pieces again last night and that’s when I’ve decided that I need to clear things up. So what I really want to say is that I’m extremely sorry for what I did. I know that probably you still won’t for –“ Chanyeol’s speech was interrupted by fingers covering his mouth and wiping his tears away.

“Of course, I forgive you Chanyeol… How could I not? You’re still my best friend after all. And I miss you so much…” I hugged him and buried my face on his neck.

“I miss you too. I miss seeing your smile, hearing your voice, feeling you in my embrace, smelling your sweet scent and eating the food you cook for me. Every part of me misses you.”

“Are we okay now?” I asked. Chanyeol removed my hands from his waist and pushed me a little further, making me confused. I look up to his face and he lowers his head so that our eyes meet.

“Uhm…” he stopped for a few seconds as if thinking whether he should tell me or not. “I still have one more matter to settle.”

“Mwoya?”

“I-I am just wondering,” he stuttered. “if you still have f-feelings for me? I-If you still like me?”

“Ani. I don’t like you.” I shook my head.

“Waeyo?” he said weakly and diverted his gaze away from me.

I let out a giggle and reached for his face. I made him look at me in the eyes. “I don’t like you… I-I…” I trailed off, remembering the last time I confessed. I’m afraid of what his response would be if I confess again. Fear crept into me and tears started to fall from my eyes again for the umpteenth time.

“Hey, hey…” Chanyeol wiped my tears. “I’m sorry. It’s okay if you can’t tell me. I won’t persuade you.”

I decided that this was the right time to tell him so I mustered all my courage. “Gwaenchanha. I need to tell you this...” he nodded and held my hands as if giving me assurance that everything will be alright so I continued. “Every single day that followed after that incident, I was miserable. I tried to do everything I can just to forget you. I distanced myself from you. I’ve been preoccupied with school work so that I will get you off my mind. During group activities, I persuade our teachers not to be in the same group as you. I tried to cut my communications with EXO but it’s hard stating the fact that Oppa is a part of EXO. I did all my best to erase you off my mind but I just couldn’t. You would evade my mind whether I’m awake or asleep. You’re playing a big role in my life and I’m not ready to end it. So what I’m trying to say is I don’t just like you… I love you…” Chanyeol’s face lit up.

He smiled at me sweetly “I love you too…” he kissed my forehead. Then he held my chin up, leaned down and captured my lips with a long yet gentle kiss. It sends electricity in my body that made me feel so alive. My heart is racing and my stomach is fluttering. Everything disapperead and the two of us existsFor what felt like forever, he broke the kiss and brought me to his chest. His hug is so calm and comforting. He kissed the top of my head and rested his chin on it. “Thank you Rain for bring us together again!” I thought to myself. I could feel our hearts beating as one as we drifted off again to slumber. This time, no more problems and burdens in our hearts, only love has conquered all.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update. I'm just so busy with my school works and I've got no time to write my fanfics...

Today was a very depressing day for me because it's the day of Kpop Republic concert here in the Philippines. I'm so depressed because I will not be able to see EXO-K perform live. It hurts me because I will not be able to see Chanyeol =(((( huhuhu!! Since today was a free day for me, I decided to update since I know you;ve waited for so long.

Thanks for my first 8 subscribers =))) Thanks for being patient =D

Anyways, how's the story? Comment your thoughts ^_^

Annyeong!

XOXO,

emoment16