Rollercoaster

Lovesick

Youngjae groaned tiredly, rubbing his sleepy eyes when the annoying sound of his mobile phone ripped him out of his peaceful sleep. He clumsily patted on his bedside table, searching for the electronic device. His lips stretched into a smile when he opened the text message he had just received.

Message sent: 06.12.2013 - 09:43
From: Daehyun
- What are you up to? –

Because he was still half asleep, he had to correct his answer twice despite the fact it only contained one word.

To: Daehyun
- sleeping!-

He his side again, snuggling his face into the pillow, trying to fall asleep again. His telephone was still in his hand though.

Message sent: 06.12.2013 - 09:46
From: Daehyun
- I assume you’re free then. Get ready, I will pick you up at 11 :) –

Youngjae threw off his blanket and stretched his body, he was still tired as it was a Saturday and he didn’t expect to be woken up that roughly.

Nonetheless, he was excited that Daehyun had more or less asked him out for today. Even if he did have plans, he would have canceled them.

He quickly grabbed a fresh set of clothes and went to the bathroom. The air was rather cold and goosebumps spread on his skin when he got undressed and the water, waiting for it to reach a comfortable temperature before he could step in.

A sigh of relief escaped his lips when the warm water dripped down his body, waking up his spirits. He took his sweet time to wash up, thinking about the past few weeks as he did.

Ever since he attended university, a lot of changes had happened. He had gained a lot of new friends and had experienced both, sadness and happiness.

The biggest impact on him was made by no one else than Daehyun. Everything had changed since they talked things out, since Youngjae stopped being so stupidly stubborn. He couldn’t believe how easy everything was - and could have been, if it wasn’t for his stupidity.

They had grown very close the past few weeks and Youngjae loved it a lot. He had learned a lot of things about Daehyun, things that he wouldn’t have thought of.

Despite his sunny boy image, the older was actually quite sensitive and even though he had a big mouth and came across as someone who doesn’t think before speaking, the older had proven to be completely different than that.

Daehyun liked to talk a lot, that was for sure but he thought even more than he talked. The older was a person who thought about his beloved ones first, if it were his friends or his family didn’t matter, the ones who were precious to him always came first.

A lot of people admired him for his good looks, but all Daehyun wanted was someone who would look further than that. He wanted to be himself, someone who accepted him the way he is, with all his strengths and insecurities, in good and in bad times.

Although he had missed being there for Daehyun when he needed him, he thought that he could give the older everything he wished for. The past was over, they were both at fault and they had forgiven each other.

They had spent more and more time with one another. It started with learning sessions in a café, where the others often joined them, and that led to occasional meetings which became more frequent as the time went by.

Daehyun often stayed at Youngjae’s place, mostly because of his nosy roommates. They didn’t want their secretly interlocked fingers to be seen. And they didn’t want to be interrupted when they hugged. Having privacy was a rare occasion in Daehyun’s apartment, mostly Yongguk would often enter his room without knocking - something that looked suspiciously like an idea of Himchan.

Youngjae wrapped himself into a large towel and carefully stepped out of the shower. He took a look at his reflection when he dried his hair and to his satisfaction he didn’t look tired. It was the opposite, he actually thought he looked quite good today.

His hair dried naturally as he picked out an outfit for the day. It became a habit of him to try to look as good as possible when meeting Daehyun, it didn’t matter how many times he had done this before, it didn’t feel less silly.

He decided to wear a black pair of jeans and a white button down shirt, something that was classy enough without being overdressed.

When he was fully dressed, he went back into the bathroom, putting some crème on his face and grabbed a bottle of hairspray. Daehyun hasn’t mentioned it, but Youngjae was sure that Daehyun liked it when he styled his hair up in a messy look, the older’s looks gave it away.

He was done just in time as the doorbell rang and he hurried to open the door, revealing a smiling Daehyun behind it.

Youngjae smiled back, his nervousness rising even more when he noticed Daehyun’s eyes traveling up and down his body. He suddenly felt insecure and fiddled with the sleeves of his shirt.

Daehyun looked good, he noticed. It made Youngjae feel a little bit better, knowing that he wasn’t the only one who put in effort in their look. Daehyun looked stunning in the rather tight red jeans. From his open jacket, Youngjae could see the black button down shirt the other was wearing.

Just like his own hair, Daehyun’s was styled up, revealing the smooth skin of his forehead. In one word, the older looked simply mouth-watering.

“Good morning,” Daehyun said, breaking the silence.

“You’re on time,” Youngjae remarked with a smirk.

“Of course. I always am,” Daehyun answered.

Youngjae slipped into his shoes and grabbed his jacket after making sure he had his wallet, keys and his mobile phone.

“Where are we going?” Youngjae asked as Daehyun led him to his car.

“Lotte World,” Daehyun said, grinning like a child.

“Seriously?” Youngjae asked with a look of disbelief. Daehyun’s smile grew wider as he nodded and observed the look of the younger.

“I always wanted to go there, and who would be a better company than you?” Daehyun mumbled as he put his seatbelt on. He just missed the blush on Youngjae’s cheeks.

 

Daehyun’s eyes grew bigger and panic crept up in his veins as he looked up, his eyes carefully following the rails of the rollercoaster.

“Y-You don’t want to get on that monster, do you?” he asked carefully, causing the younger to laugh.

“Of course I do! This is the best ride,” Youngjae stated. He dragged the older behind him, noticing how heavy the older suddenly became.

 

“Oh my god I’m gonna die,” Daehyun muttered, grabbing the metal bar that kept him in his seat securely so tight that his knuckles whitened.

Youngjae chuckled next to him, the ride hasn’t even started and the older started panicking already. He thought it was very cute that the Busan beauty could be scared like this. It was definitely a great idea to come here.

Anticipating the loopings, his only concern was if Daehyun would be able to keep his breakfast in his stomach as he had skipped breakfast this morning. But it would be worth it to hear the older scream.

The wagon started to move slowly, bringing them up in the air. It stopped at the highest point of the rails, giving them a beautiful view over the whole theme park.

Youngjae just heard a faint ‘No! No! No! No!’ next to him before wagon started moving again, driving down in such a high speed that it felt as if they were falling down. The wind rushed loudly in his ears but he still managed to hear Daehyun screaming next to him and also most of the other people who were on the same ride.

He laughed heartily, which was a bit difficult because of the wind blowing in his face harshly. The boys were shaken by the ride and after a few more ups and downs, a looping and a twist, it was over just as fast.

The metal bars loosened, freeing them. Youngjae stepped out with wobbly legs, helping the other boy to get out. Daehyun was pale and as soon as he was on a solid ground again, he gripped Youngjae’s arms to keep himself on his feet.

“T-That was horrible,” Daehyun muttered quietly. Youngjae chuckled, patting the older’s arm sympathetically.

“Are you scared of rollercoasters?” Youngjae teased.

“Of course I’m not!” Daehyun protested, eliciting another chuckle from the younger. “Let’s grab something to eat.”

“Nice change of topic, Daehyun,” Youngjae laughed.

 

Thankfully, the queue wasn’t long and they were able to grab their food quickly, as Daehyun repeatedly mentioned how hungry he was. They had decided to treat themselves with a big burger and a coke each. Youngjae felt better to finally eat something.

Since both of them were hungry, the food was gobbled down quickly and after a little rest, Youngjae had suggested to try the adventure rides instead, which Daehyun thankfully accepted.

The first thing they had queued up was the adventure of Sindbad, a water-ride that was very popular amongst young and old. The pace was slow and the visitors were able to fully take in the oriental world.

After listening to the security advice, they stepped into a little boat and got comfortable next to one another. Unlike the rollercoaster, this ride had separated boats, providing them with privacy to enjoy the scenery.

Youngjae started to feel nervous when they were led through a dark tunnel that brought them into the beautiful fantasy world. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, not knowing where to put his limbs now that they weren’t restricted.

But when the darkness engulfed them completely and a nice female voice started to tell them the story of Sindbad, he relaxed a little bit.

They were moving past different figures which continued with their part of the story. Even though Youngjae had already been here several times, it didn’t make this less impressive.

Next to him he could hear a quiet ‘Ohhh’ every now and then from Daehyun and whenever he dared to steal a glance at the older, he could see him either smiling or with his lips slightly agape in surprise.

When they moved past an artificial jungle, which looked impressively real, Daehyun jumped in his seat when a huge snake appeared right next to his head. The older shifted closer to Youngjae, leaving no space between their bodies.

Youngjae couldn’t hold back the little snort but gladly accepted the older’s warmth that brushed his thigh. Daehyun smiled bashfully as he rubbed his palms on his jeans to calm himself down from the shock.

“Are you scared again?” Youngjae asked playfully when the boat stopped in front of three big dragon heads.

Daehyun punched his arm and scooted away as much as possible, looking into the opposite direction. Youngjae laughed and followed the Busan beauty with the intention to bug him a little bit more.

What he didn’t expect though, was that Daehyun grabbed his hand, interlacing their fingers gently. A million butterflies buzzed in his belly, a feeling that always came when they were close.

He adjusted to the situation rather quickly and leaned his head on the older’s shoulder, smiling when Daehyun rested his head on top of his.

The close proximity reminded Youngjae of Busan, where they had shared a similar moment during a bus ride. For the first time in many months, he was able to think back about the school trip with a smile.

Neither of them cared about the adventures of Sindbad anymore, they were too busy with one another. Youngjae noticed that Daehyun still wore the same cologne, the one that Youngjae loved so much.

Youngjae put his other hand on top of Daehyun’s, embracing the latter’s hand with his own, brushing his fingers gently over the smooth skin.

Daehyun nuzzled his nose into the younger’s hair, taking in the sweet scent that always seemed to surround him. When the younger didn’t pull back, he felt encouraged to go ahead and placed a few soft kisses on Youngjae’s temple.

He heard the younger release a content sigh and his lips curled into a smile. Without thinking, he placed his hand on top of Youngjae’s, so that all of their hands are tangled together. It felt nice, having the younger so close to him, to smell his scent, to hear him breathe and to feel his warmth.

The rest of the ride went by in a blur but neither of them minded. All that mattered was them.

***

“Thank you. I had a lot of fun today,” Youngjae said and yawned as he got comfortable in the passenger seat of Daehyun’s car.

“The day is not over yet,” Daehyun chirped with a smile.

“Huh?”

“I’m gonna take you out for dinner,” Daehyun informed the younger.

“Oh,” Youngjae muttered.

 

The sight from the Namsan tower was amazing. It was dark outside already and all the lights in the city illuminated the skyline. This was one of the last places Youngjae would have guessed for Daehyun to take him to.

Not only that the restaurant was quite fancy, he wondered how Daehyun had managed to get a reservation for this place. He couldn’t help but smile at the effort the older put into it.

Before long, their table was filled with bowls and plates of different sizes as they had ordered a traditional Korean meal with nine side dishes. The colours of the vegetables were vibrant and appealing. Youngjae didn’t know where to start.

Daehyun had started to eat right away. His face contorted in pleasure as the flavor danced on his tongue. The younger shook his head and chuckled. Youngjae decided he would start trying the side dishes from the left to the right.

The food was delicious and both of them ate in a comfortable silence. People said that the food is good when people eat in silence, that saying was probably true, Youngjae thought.

Even Daehyun took his time to eat surprisingly slowly, which definitely was a sign that he wanted to savor the taste instead of gobbling everything down.

 

Youngjae took a sip of his green tea. He felt full, but a nice full. Daehyun and he had picked up their conversation when they were done eating.

For a moment, Youngjae thought how easy it has become to talk to the older, something that he would never have imagined only a few weeks ago.

“Did you enjoy the food, Sir?” the waitress interrupted Youngjae’s thoughts.

“It was splendid,” Daehyun replied, flashing the waitress a bright smile.

The waitress smiled back and started gathering the empty bowls. “It’s rare to see friends coming here. Most of our customers are either couples or business partner,” she said casually as she stapled the bowls on her tray.

“Really?” Daehyun asked, his eyes falling on Youngjae, who blushed without even knowing why. They looked each other in the eyes for a moment. Daehyun was smiling his most beautiful smile, that smile where his whole face wrinkled and his eyes were only tiny slits. His pristine white teeth were showing and when Youngjae had the chance to take a look at the dark orbs, he saw them glistening and sparkling.

The waitress was forgotten as they simply sat there, admiring each other. She quietly left their table to bring the bill.

“Want to climb up the tower?” Daehyun asked sweetly.

“Are you sure you’re not scared?” Youngjae retorted.

Daehyun pouted cutely, causing Youngjae to laugh. He had to admit that the older’s lips looked even more luscious when he pouted and Youngjae made a mental note to make use of that knowledge.

 

The cold air was blowing in Youngjae’s face and he buttoned up all the buttons of his thick jacket. He regretted that he didn’t take a beanie with him but who would have expected that he would end the day here out of all places?

There was no one apart from them, Youngjae liked it that way. He and Daehyun stood next to each other, watching the skyline in silence.

Daehyun shifted next to him and he turned his head to look at the older. He was smiling again.

“Close your eyes please,” Daehyun said and the younger obeyed.

He could faintly hear rustling as Daehyun was fumbling with something, it made him curious. Without a warning, the older grabbed his right hand gently and pulled it towards his own body. Youngjae patiently stretched out his arm as he felt the older rolling up his sleeve a little bit.

A cold material brushed over the skin of his wrist and when Daehyun whispered ‘Open your eyes’, he obeyed again and observed the unknown object.

It was a beautiful silver bracelet. Youngjae twirled it around carefully, noticing that the older’s name was engraved into the sumptuous silver. He started smiling as a wave of comfortable warmth rushed through his body.

Slowly, he looked up at the older, who chewed on his bottom lip as he tried to observe his reaction to the present. The way Daehyun looked so insecure was utterly endearing.

“It’s really beautiful. Thank you Daehyun,” Youngjae said.

Daehyun took this as a signal to get a hold of Youngjae’s hand, the same hand that was decorated with the bracelet.

“Youngjae,” he muttered quietly. “We didn’t really have a good start since I’m in Seoul. But we had a few weeks to get to know each other and to become closer.

I liked you when you came to Seoul and I still like you now. I might be throwing you off guard right now but I really can’t stand only being your friend anymore when all I want to do is holding you all day.

My feelings for you grew every day, with every tiny thing I got to know about you, I liked you more and more and I just hope that you feel the same.”

Everything went silent for a moment, Youngjae tried to process what the older just had said. While he was busy with staring into space, Daehyun fumbled in his pocket. Youngjae’s eyes followed the motions of the older’s hand as he pulled his hand out of his pocket again.

The older held out his hand palm up, revealing another silver bracelet. Youngjae blinked a couple of times before he took the hint.

He reached for the silver chain and wrapped it around the older’s wrist, not missing his own name being engraved in the second example. Closing the bracelet turned out to be difficult with his shaky hands but after two attempts, he finally managed to close it.

His arms slowly dropped down and he looked up at the older. He saw Daehyun’s eyes shift between the bracelet on his wrist and him.

After a moment, Daehyun leaped forward and embraced the younger into a tight hug. Youngjae’s heart started beating rapidly and he was sure that he could feel the other’s heartbeat too.

They stood there, arm in arm, forgetting the world around them. Youngjae felt completed in the older’s arms.

“Does this mean, we are…” Daehyun muttered into Youngjae’s shoulder.

Youngjae chuckled, whispering a soft ‘yes’ into the older’s ear.

Daehyun’s grip loosened and he looked at the other with a mixture of disbelief and happiness. The smile on Youngjae’s lips grew wider as the older just stood there.

When it was clear to Youngjae that the older wouldn’t move anytime soon, he took the initiative and cupped the soft cheeks of the Busan beauty and sealed their lips together into a gentle kiss.

Daehyun exhaled deeply, feeling as if his heart would burst through his chest any second. The world had stopped turning for them. He slowly lifted his arms, being in need for more physical contact. He wanted to feel the younger’s smooth skin under the tips of his fingers.

The kiss was innocent but yet it held so much passion. It was Youngjae who broke the kiss eventually, being in need for fresh air in his lungs. He leaned his forehead onto the older’s, looking into the beautiful dark orbs that were sparkling with a fire he had never seen in them before.

Even though the lights on top of the tower provided only a small amount of light, he could see his reflection in Daehyun’s eyes.

In Daehyun’s opinion, Youngjae was the most beautiful thing in this world. He felt blessed and still couldn’t believe what he had done to deserve someone like the beautiful man in front of him.

Their story had been a rollercoaster, ups and downs, with calm times and moments of excitement. But Daehyun was sure that from now on their relationship would be on a rise for a long time. Of course they would be affected from the daily troubles of life but he would make sure to treat the younger the way he deserved it.

He wanted to shower Youngjae with affection, to fall asleep to the sound of his breathing and to have him as the first thing to see when he opened his eyes again in the morning.

With another smile, he leaned in for another kiss. The younger had been too far for too long, he craved to feel him and as Youngjae didn’t hesitate to brush his tongue over his lips, he knew that the younger felt the same.

Their tongues met in the middle, the contact sent sparks through Daehyun’s body. He noticed that Youngjae still tasted as sweet and his tongue was still as soft as it danced with his own one.

He felt the younger smile into the kiss as they explored each other slowly and gently. There was no need to hurry, no time that was running out, they could take their time to cherish the moment and they enjoyed it.

Finally they sealed their special bond, it felt so much better to know that the other would be by his side from now on.


A/N: Hey! I don't have really much to say this time. The chapter after this one will be the last, and I'm pretty sure that it might be a little bit longer than the other's :) I hope you all enjoyed it!

I just want to say thank you to all the people who are reading this story and to the people who presented me with lovely comments and upvotes :) I'm very very thankful to everybody!