Chapter 7

Death Awaits

A/N: Hello everyone. I'm very sorry for years of inactivity. College just really eats almost all of my time now. It still does but I kind of need this sanity break from all the studying, so here's an update!

And thank you for all the wonderful comments. I love you so much I want to upvote everyone's comments but idk if the feature was deleted or what.


Chapter 7

~ Authors POV ~

               “What?!” Sunggyu exclaimed, his eyes shaking as he thought of some excuse. “I- I- I am not! It’s just- She- I don’t really-“

               Woohyun laughed and tapped his arm. “Shut up, hyung. Nothing’s wrong with being interested in a girl.”

               “I’m not!” Sunggyu exclaimed again.

               Woohyun snorted and rolled his eyes. “Whatever, hyung. Just don’t make it sound like my sister is unlikeable. For the record, she had three guys courting her back in middle school.” He looked at his sister and smiled. “She’s still so beautiful, but you know, she lost her glow these past few months.”

               Sunggyu smiled and rested a supporting hand on his friend’s shoulder. “Yeah, she’s still beautiful.”

               They both stilled and looked at Haeri as she turned in bed and let out a long breath. She snuggled close to Woohyun’s side, her hair in a mess all over her face.

               “Really beautiful,” Sunggyu whispered so softly Woohyun didn’t hear it.

               Woohyun lightly shook Haeri by the arm. “Riri-ah, it’s time for dinner,” he cooed into his sister’s ear. “Mom made your favorite, pumpkin soup.”

               Haeri shrugged and subconsciously whispered, “Huh?”

               “Riri’s not skipping meals while I’m here, okay?” Woohyun said so sweetly Sunggyu wanted to knock his head, but he didn’t. He kept watching until Haeri was sitting up in bed, half asleep with her head resting on her brother’s shoulder.

               “Are you feeling okay?” Woohyun asked, worried again that Haeri will push him away. “Do you need anything?”

               Haeri covered her face with her arm as she let out a long yawn. “I’m okay, Hyunie oppa.”

               And that’s when Sunggyu decided it was time he turned around and leave the two siblings alone, because right after Hyunie left Haeri’s lips, he saw his friend’s eyes fill with tears as he wrapped his arms around his sick sister.

 

~ Haeri’s POV ~

               I had a dream. After months of nightmares and hallucination, I had a dream. I dreamt of Hyunie oppa visiting me, and he brought the other Infinite oppa’s with him. Although I collapsed right when they got here. But I had dinner with them, and even if I didn’t have the power to talk and laugh along with all of them, I had fun.

               Hyunie oppa was the loudest, as always. And then Sungyeol oppa. He kept on making those weird loud noises of his again. Howon and Myungsoo oppa didn’t say much but they did look out for me once in a while. Sungjong oppa sat beside me through dinner and was really caring.

               Sunggyu oppa. I don’t know. When I went down for dinner, he didn’t even look at me. I always knew he wasn’t that inclined to talk to me, but I was kind of hoping he would ask how I was. But then again, who am I?

               I’m just Hyunie oppa’s sick sister.

 

~ Author’s POV ~

               Haeri closed her journal, put down her pen and sighed. She hadn’t written on her journal for so long that a few paragraphs already felt like pages to her. It felt like a dream to her, even after her mom laughed at her and told her everything happened the day before.

               “Honey, your oppa was here, okay? And so was everyone else. It’s sad that you forgot that already, but I’m just glad you’re feeling better today,” she said as she cupped her daughter’s face in her hands. “Have some food, okay? While you’re feeling it.”

               And now Haeri was sitting in her room, reading the note her brother left after she fell asleep in his arms.

Riri-ah,

Oppa came to see you yesterday. I wasn’t expecting much, but I was hoping.

I thought you might not remember everything so I’m writing this letter.

When we got there, you were in so much pain, oppa was worried to death. Eomma wasn’t home so oppa was panicking so badly. I tried calming you down, but it was so bad I had to give you your meds. Then you fell asleep.

I didn’t want to wake you up. Because you didn’t push me away, Riri-ah. I wanted to leave with just the memory of you holding on to me. But you asked me not to leave you, so I didn’t.

And you recognized me, Riri-ah. You called me Hyunie oppa again. You don’t know how happy I was, how happy I am even now as I write this letter.

I’ll come visit again as soon as I can, okay? I love you, Riri-ah.

Love,
Hyunie oppa

               Haeri smiled as tears rolled down her cheeks. She put the letter down and wiped her cheeks with her hands when she noticed another paper stuck inside her drawer.

               She pulled it out thinking her oppa left another letter as a joke, but it was another person’s handwriting.

Haeri-ah,

How are you feeling?

I wanted to ask you that yesterday, but it was obvious you weren’t feeling well when we arrived. But I was kind of hoping you’re feeling better now, or as good as when we were having dinner.

I’m sorry I didn’t talk much, or at all. I just... I don’t know, I never really knew how to approach you.

But I want to. I hope you know that. And I hope you know everyone misses you. So stay strong, okay?

Also.

Is it okay to come visit you sometime?

Sunggyu


A/N: I hope you liked that. I'll be updating as soon and as often as I can. Please leave some comments (whether good or bad). Thank you!