Chapter 2

Death Awaits

~Woohyun’s POV~

            “Oppa!” I heard a voice shout, a familiar, sweet voice. It was my sister’s. Her soft, sweet, voice lingered in my head again. It always did.

            “Riri-ah,” I whispered as I looked at her photo on my bedside table. It was a photo of her holding an Inspirit banner on our first concert. She was there. I saw her as I sang on stage, as she sang along with me. There was pride in her eyes as she watched me reached my dreams. Her eyes filled with tears as she screamed my name again and again.

            Now, those eyes are nothing but coldness and darkness. She barely even looks at me nowadays.

            “She felt bad when you weren’t home that day,” mom said. The day she got the news, I was busy with fansignings, practices, and guestings. I wasn’t able to go see her until a week after, but when I did, she had already changed.

            “She had been looking for you,” Boohyun hyung said. “She didn’t want me, she was asking for you.”

            But I guess a week was already a lot to her. A week without her Hyunie oppa, I didn’t know it meant so much to her.

            My breath hitched as I tried to hold back my tears, which eventually flowed down my cheeks. My Riri, my sister, my number one fan, my first ever girlfriend, my mother when she gets mad, my baby when she’s hurt, my Riri is gone.

 

            “How is she?” Jungyeop sajangnim asked. I just got back from home, and he asked me to drop by his office before going to practice.

            I just shrugged my shoulders in response.

            He sighed and looked at me sadly. He knew how close I was with Riri, and he was a witness of how she fangirled over us ever since our trainee days.

            “Do you want me to give you a few days off?” he asked.

            I looked at him, startled at his offer. “Sajangnim, our world tour is about to kick off soon, you can’t let me miss practice.”

            “But your sister-“

            “Hates me, she hates me. And I don’t think knowing that I’m missing practice because of her would make her feel any better.” I badly wanted to accept his offer, it took my every ounce of effort to decline.

            But being the good boss he is to us, he just nodded and dismissed me.

 

            “Why are you back so soon? You just left this morning,” Sunggyu hyung asked me as I entered our practice room.

            “She won’t talk to me anyway,” I said. I sat down on the couch at the end of the room, letting my head fall back.

            “How is she, hyung?” Sungjong asked. “Is Haeri feeling any better?” Sungjong bugged me everyday, asking for updates on my sister. He and Haeri were always so close, teaching each other girl group dances, and dancing them together anywhere they were.

            “Worse,” I muttered darkly. I groaned and pulled on my hair in frustration. “I don’t even know what to do anymore.”

            “Won’t she come to our concert?” Dongwoo asked. “Maybe we could prepare a surprise for her, maybe it can cheer her up.”

            I shook my head and looked at him. “She doesn’t even listen to our songs anymore, hyung. She’s not the Inspirit she was before. Plus, she can’t go to our concert, it’ll tire her out.”

            Sunggyu hyung sat down beside me and clasped my shoulder tightly. “She’ll be fine, okay? We’ll all go visit her on our free time. We’ll cheer her up. No matter what happens, we’ll do it, okay?”

            “I’ll dance with her!” Sungjong exclaimed.

            “I’ll bake for her,” followed Sungyeol. “She likes chocolate cake, right?”

            I nodded. “Chocolate icing, chocolate filling, chocolate candies,” I said with a chuckle. “She’s a er for chocolates.”

            “I’ll sing for her,” Sunggyu hyung said.

            “Please do,” I said. “She likes I Need You especially. Just so you know.”

            He nodded and looked at Dongwoo, Hoya and Myungsoo. “What will you three do?”

            “I’ll make her laugh of course,” Dongwoo said proudly. “Hoya will be awkward as always. I don’t know what he’ll do.”

            Hoya scratched the back of his head with an apologetic smile. “I’ll try to do something. I was never that close with Haeri.”

            Myungsoo crossed his arms and smirked. “I’ll show him my photo then.”

          I rolled my eyes at him. “My Riri has had enough of nightmares, okay? She doesn’t need any more from you.”