A Deal Is A Deal

This Time It's Different

Jina’s POV

            It was late. The empty streets were a reminder that I was alone now. I walked down the lit street on full alert. Blackstar wouldn’t have let me go so easily. There must be something. I was tempted to go through the alleyways and take the long way to Hyori’s house in case there was someone following me, but I was just too tired. Exhausted actually. It took all I had for me to keep moving. My new found freedom was my only motivation.

            Not long after, I found myself at the door of Hyori’s place. I knocked and waited for an answer. I knocked again but darkness over took me before I had a chance to see the person who opened the door.

Yixing’s POV

            “Hyung where are you going?” With Luhan at work Sehun continuously followed me around. “Hyung, when are you going to feed me?”, “Hyung, I want bubble tea!” I held in all my impatience. Every time said he said, ‘Hyung’ in that whiny voice that Luhan somehow found cute, I felt myself physically twitch.

“I’m going to see Jina. According to that Hyori lady she finally turned up.”

“Oh! Jina noona!! Can I come? I miss her!!” He begged.

I shook my head. How could they all possibly like her? She was a complete pain. “No, Sehun. Can’t you just go hang out with Kris or Suho?”

“Kris is with Tao and Tao doesn’t like it when other people hang out with Kris. Suho hyung is working too.” I groaned.

“How about Chen?”

“With Xiumin.” He smiled.

“Chanyeol?”

“With BaekHyun.” I felt myself panicking.

“Kai?”

“With Kyungsoo.” This time it was a smirk.

“Fine.” I gave up and grabbed my jacket.

“Yehet~” Oh my goodness, that noise. It caused me physical pain. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the kid, but ‘Yehet’? “I get to see Jina noona!” I nodded and walked out of the house with him following behind me. I decided I would just drive myself today. “Hyung~ can we get bubble tea on the way?” I felt tears forming.

----

Hyori opened the door about a minute after I knocked. She lived in a large house, but nothing compared to mine. She led us to the living room where Sehun sat down and quietly sipped his bubble tea. “Mr. Zhang, may I please speak to you in private for a moment?”

“Hey!” Sehun said with a shocked voice. “Back off! He’s for Jina noona!”

“Sehun, you idiot. This is Jina’s cousin.” His eyes widened and he slowly turned, red faced, and continued sipping.

We walked just out of hearing range when she turned to me with a not so happy expression on her face. “Listen Mr. Zhang-”

“You can call me Yixing.”

“Yes, okay, Mr. Zhang, like I was saying, Jina showed up last night, but I don’t think she’s really okay. She collapsed before I could even get her into the house and she hasn’t woken up yet. As her only family, I don’t think I can let this kind of thing continue to go on between you too. Sue me if you would like, but I have to protect her.”

“I… I’m not quite sure what you mean.”

“She has bruises all over her body. The day she disappeared, we got into an argument. The situation she’s in already is causing her too much stress and I think the deal you two have going is causing her even more stress. You probably should already know that she doesn’t think very highly of you.”

“What does that have anything to do with me? You’re the one who went back on your end of the process. You couldn’t find me a date.”

“And you couldn’t be a good person and give me just a little bit more time.” She shot back. The point was well made, but it’s not like I didn’t have problems in my own life to deal with.

“She can’t go back on this deal. It just needs to continue a little bit longer.”

“I don’t think I can-” A crash from upstairs interrupted her and we both bolted up the stairs to find out what caused it. I followed dead on Hyori’s heals as she turned a few awkwardly placed corners and finally stopped outside a door. She burst through and I entered behind her. “OH MY GOODNESS JINA! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!”

It took everything I had not to laugh. She was wearing an oversized tshirt and shorts, and was on the floor grasping a music magazine with VIXX on it as if her life depended on it. “Hyori is this the new issue?!?” She screamed, looking up. The somewhat smile she had on her face vanished as soon she saw me. “Yixing…”

My sarcastic comment stuck in my throat as I finally got a good look at her. Her arms had black and blue bruises all over them. Some just showed signs of turning a sickly yellow-green color. Her lip was cut and a bruise covered most of her right cheekbone as if she had been slapped. Her right eye also had a bruise near it, while her left eye had a scratch right above it. “Hey Jina,” was all I said as I lowered my gaze to the hardwood floor. My immediate thoughts returned to the man who had answered my call a few days ago and I couldn’t help but strangely feel angry toward him. If he was there with her, then what happened?

“What’s he doing here?” Her question was directed at Hyori.

“He’s been wanting to know where you were. I called him this morning.”

“Oh…” was her quiet reply.

“Listen, Jina.” The words just spilled from my mouth. “If you want to back out of the deal, its fine.” Hyori gave me an incredulous look which I chose to ignore. I couldn’t believe I was saying these words myself.

“Why would I do that?” This time she looked at me. The look in her eyes was strong, determined, as if all the bruises that covered her were part of a costume. “I made you a promise. We made a deal.”

“But Jina, look at yourself!” Hyori cut in.

“I’m fine.” She replied plainly. She looked at me again. “If you want the deal off, we’ll end it, but I’m not going to be the person who backs off first.” I forced back the smile that was fighting its way through. Despite everything, her personality remained the same. She wasn’t as weak as I thought she was.

“There’s a benefit dinner tomorrow. I’ll pick you up from here around eight. Just so you know, my mother’s going to be there.” She nodded and stood up carefully although I did notice a little twinge of pain on her face.

“Okay. I’ll be ready.” I nodded and we both ignored Hyori’s glaring look.

“I better go, Sehun’s waiting downstairs.”

“Oh my God! Sehun? Ah! Where is he? I have to see him!” Her face immediately lit up and she pushed past me out of the room and ran down the stairs. “SEHUNAAHH~” was the first thing I heard followed by, “JINA NOONNNNAAAA~~~!!!” I rolled my eyes and walked down the stairs. The weird thing about all of this was that Sehun never really opened up to anybody but the eleven of us. It was strange that he liked her so much.

“Sehun, come on. We have to go.” I said when I reached the bottom of the staircase.

“But I just saw Jina.” He pouted.

“It’s okay, you’ll see her tomorrow at the benefit.” He smiled, then picked up his bubble tea.

“Okay! See you tomorrow, Noona!” He walked out of the house, leaving Jina and I alone in front of the door.

“I told him he could just call me Jina.” She shook her head while smiling. “Noona makes me feel old.”

“Would you like it better if I called you ajumah?” Her smile dropped and she pushed me out of the door. “See you tomorrow!” I called into the shut door.

****

By the time we had left her house, Sehun had been staring at me for five straight minutes.

“What?” I asked in a frustrated voice, no longer being able to handle his look.

“Do you like her that much hyung?” He asked with wide eyes.

“Who?”

“Jina noona, of course.”

“I just met her almost a week ago, Sehun.”

“Yeah, but ever since you saw her and we left, you’ve had a smile on your face. You hardly ever smile anymore, hyung.”

“I wasn’t smiling.” I told him in an unsure voice.

“Yes, you were.” He said again, turning his attention to the road.

Was I smiling? More importantly, was it because of Jina?

***************************************

WAH! AN UPDATE /o\ Am I even worthy to apologize to you guys anymore? I'm so sorry I havent updated! But really I've been so busy with school that I have'nt been writing. I havent had time to edit my stories either so i cant just give you them with all the errors. 

BUT THERE IS A NEW RAY OF LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS!

I HAVE FOUND AN EDITOR!

/DRUM ROLL/ /DRAMATIC MUSIC/ 

@LadyEnchantress is my editor!!! /Round of applause please./ Guys shes seriously amazing! I had so many mistakes in this chapter and she helped fix them.... all of them TT^TT 

Hopefully this means more chapters and hopefully this means you will forgive me T~T 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! 

Please comment and tell me what you think ♥

To all my readers, commenters, and subscribers.... SARANGHAEYO~~~~