And So It Begins

This Time It's Different

Blackstar’s POV

She had changed so much. The once innocent look in her eyes had completely changed to one of determination and strength, something that none of the other people here had. Something I didn’t have. I needed to break her.

*3rd Person POV*

In the dark room sat a single cage, inside was a girl with a strong heart. A water pipe dripped from somewhere in the room and her breaths involuntarily matched each drop.

She waited quietly for him, knowing what was coming next. The memories of the days she spent with him burned her and left an internal scar in the back of her mind. She used to think she was happy here. That she had a home her. Friends. A family.

The door creaked slowly open creating a shadow of light and revealing the dark silhouette of a body. She tensed as reflex, believing it was Blackstar who had opened the door. The unknown person sat cross-legged across from her and she looked up at him with tired eyes. They widened when she saw an unexpected face.

“Hey.” He spoke to her. He meant to sound friendly.

“Who are you?” She asked with a raspy voice. They had taken away all her access to food and water on Blackstar’s command. She had been in that cage for a few hours, but she hadn’t drunk anything since last night.

“They call me shadow.” He smiled at her, it was something she didn’t expect. Instead of making her at ease, it frightened her and made her feel uncomfortable. “My real name is Peniel.”

“…and what do you want?”

He shrugged. “I just figured you didn’t want to be alone. Most people come here because they’re tired of feeling alone. I’m not exactly supposed to be doing this bu-”

“I didn’t come back here. You kidnapped me, remember?”

“Yeah… sorry about that. I don’t make the rules.”

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?” His voice cut through them, making them both jump in surprise. Peniel crawled backwards on his hands trying to escape the terrifying presence.

“I- I…” Peniel stuttered, “I…”

“You what?!” Blackstar pressed for an explanation. He raised his voice with every word.

“I’m sorry, I just-” A gunshot rang through the almost barren room, echoing off the walls. Jina was able to look away in time. After being with Blackstar for over a year she learned his moves.

Blackstar smirked and crouched down to Peniel. He grabbed his face roughly with one hand and turned it to face him. He smirked. “You disobeyed me. You broke rule number one.” Another gunshot rang out and after the droning echo there was silence. “Such a shame.” Blackstar spoke with fake sympathy. “He had so much potential.” Then he turned to Jina. His next words obviously a warning and a reminder. “But then he went and broke the rules.”

*****

*Two Days Later*

Yixing’s POV

“Hyyuunngg!!!” Sehun whined. “Where is Jina?!” He was sitting by Luhan and across from him were Tao, Chen, and Kris. The others were off skiing.

“She’s busy.” I was hoping the plain answer would change the topic, but Sehun, the annoying kid that he was, pressed the subject.

“But we miss her!”

“How can you possibly miss her? You met her once and only for a couple hours.”

“You know how attached he gets to people,” Chen interjected, “and she’s a nice girl. I kind of miss her too.”

“She was supposed to go to that Gucci sale with me.” Tao frowned.

“And you, Kris?” I asked. “Do you miss her also?”

He looked at me with complete un-interest. “The only thing I miss…. Is my art.”

“I don’t know how you can act like you don’t miss her, Yixing.” It was Luhan badgering me this time.

“It’s not that I don’t miss her,” I lied, “It’s just that she’s been really busy lately.” Sehun wanted to ask more questions, but Luhan didn’t let him. and for that I was grateful. It all seemed strange with Jina, especially the last time I had called her.

Who was that man?

*FLASHBACK*

I picked up my phone and planned to call Jina to tell her about an upcoming event. The phone rang and just when I felt the call would end in me having to leave an excruciatingly long message, someone answered.

“Hello.” A man’s deep voice sounded through the phone surprising me at the other end.

“Um… Jina?” It could have been her. I mean I read somewhere that people’s voices are sometimes deeper in the morning, but… that deep?

“No this is… a friend of hers. Who is this?”

“No, who is this?” I asked.

“I asked you first.” The mysterious man person said.

“I asked you second.”

“But YOU called ME!” They argued.

“No. I called Jina.”

“Listen. I don’t have time to play games. I’m an extremely busy person.”

“I just need to talk to Jina.”

“Well she’s a little busy right now.” He said after a while. “Do you want me to leave a message?”ss

In different circumstances I would have said yes, but I didn’t know who this man was and he sounded anything but friendly.

“Uh… no, that’s okay thank you.”

“No problem.” The line went dead leaving me confused, annoyed, and without a date for the event.

*END FLASHBACK*

******

Jina’s POV

In and out different people came. They grabbed packages with different amounts of drugs in them and then left again. They sometimes glanced at me. Some with sorry eyes, others with confusion, but none of them spoke a word to me. Then they all stopped coming in. I was hungry, thirsty, tired, but I wouldn’t let my guard down in this place. I couldn’t if I wanted to get out of here.

“Jina this game is getting tiring.” I heard his voice before he entered. He flicked a light switch and I forcefully covered my eyes to stop the burning. How long have I been in darkness? How long has it been since I have been here? Hyori must have been looking for me…right?

Crouching down in front of the bars he smirked at me. “Looking good, Jina.” I just stared at him. The less interaction I had with him the better. I was mentally cursing myself the whole time I was here for even breathing the same air as him. He placed a water bottle between the bars and I grabbed it immediately. I noticed his smirk widen into a full condescending grin so I used all my will power not to gulp the entire bottle down right then and there.

He sighed and I looked up at him. He looked genuinely upset, but shook it away when he saw I noticed.

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

“Um…yeah.” I definitely wasn’t used to this. I hadn’t ever seen this side of him. Even when we… I shook the thoughts out of my head. Those thoughts only made me feel more disgusted with myself.

“I’ll have someone bring you something in a bit.”

“What exactly are you doing?” He glanced at me then looked away.

“What’re you talking about?”

I snorted. “Quit it with the sudden upset act, Star. I don’t know what you’re playing at but if you think I’m letting my guard down for even a second, you better think again.” I grabbed the water bottle and chugged almost all of it.

“What ever happened to us?” I couldn’t help myself from looking at him. Hell, my whole body turned to him but my mind seemed to be a million miles away.

“Don’t bring that up.”

“We loved each other, Jina…”

“No! I loved you! You didn’t give a about me until I was gone.” I took a shaky breath, I imagined this conversation so many times when I was with him, but now it disgusted me. “You still don’t care about me. The only reason I’m here is because you don’t like to lose.” He shook his head quickly.

“Do you really think I chased after you all this time just because you left? I knew you wouldn’t tell anyone… I just I got caught up in my own selfishness. I know this isn’t what you want. I’m letting you go.”

“WHAT?!”

“I’m letting you go…”

“Really?”

“Yes.” His face held the same sadness that I saw a few moments ago and against my better judgment… I believed him.

“When?”

“Don’t you want to eat first? I-”

“Can I leave now?” He inhaled and looked around before nodding.

“I’ll get you a car.” He got up and left and the only thing I felt was hope that for once he would really be doing the right thing.

*******

3rd Person POV

They blindfolded her and put her in the back seat of the car. This was standard procedure. About half an hour of driving they were back to where they first picked her up. She was sent out of the car and it sped off as soon as she was out.

One of the goon’s picked up a cellphone, dialed a number, and put the phone to his ear. On the second ring someone picked up.

“We dropped her off, Boss.”

“Good,” Blackstar replied from his dim office room. “Follow her. Stay close and make sure she doesn’t suspect anything. You know what’ll happen if you fail.” He cut the call and tossed his phone on the metal desk. Leaning back in his chair, he kicked his feet. With a smirk on his face, his plan to break her had officially begun.

***********

Hey guys O_O/ Sorry! I know its been over a month since I updated but I've been packed with school work.  I hope you guys like this chapter, I was experiencing some major writers block but again I hope you enjoy it ^^

To all my readers, subscribers, and commenters.... SARANGHAEYO! ♥