The Plan

This Time It's Different

Yixing’s POV

“Fine. What do you want to know?” She crossed her arms over her chest and due to her small frame she looked anything but menacing.

“What exactly did you mean back there?” I asked again.

“Which part are you talking about?”

“You said you’re poor? But that’s not possible, I don’t go on dates like that. My mother only sets me up with high-class people, so why are you here?” She gave me an annoyed look. Was it something I said?

“Well your mother called my cousin’s matchmaking company and gave my cousin only two days to find you a perfect date. All the girls that would have usually been picked for you were either already matched up for dates or on vacations in different parts of the world. Usually it takes about a week before Hyori, that’s my cousin, to find someone so the only way to make this work out was to go on this horrible date with you. Do me a favor and tell your mother that this date was a complete flop too, but that you still want to request Hyori’s services.” She moved to walk out the door again but I stopped her.

“You do realize that I can sue you for fraud right?”

“What?” She shrieked, “You know what? Fine! Sue me, I don’t care, you won’t get anything.”

“Not you.” She looked at me confused. “Your cousin.”

“No! You can’t! She didn’t do anything!”

“She set me up with you.”

“That’s your mothers fault!” Her hands flew up into the air and she stared at me like I had grown two heads. “You’re seriously crazy.”

“I don’t care what you think of me,” I replied coolly, ready to set my plan in action, “I’ll sue your cousin and I’d win in a heartbeat… Unless you do something for me.” She stared at me mouth hanging open.

“I really hate people like you,” she finally said, “What do you want me to do?”

“Well if you want your cousin to stay out of trouble then do me this one little favor.” She stared at me waiting for me to continue. “I need you to be my fake girlfriend.”

*The Next Day*

Jina’s POV

What a freak. He was a complete freak! “Be my fake girlfriend?” I’d rather he sue me. I knew from the beginning of this that it was a bad idea.

“Can you just tell me how the date went?” Hyori was sitting across from me in the café, anxious to hear about the date I had last night. How was I supposed to explain this to her?

“Well it wasn’t good.” I said quietly.

“That’s okay.” She smiled, “It was supposed to go bad anyway.”

“No, Hyori, it was bad. Me and my stupid temper. He said some things that I felt insulted by and I completely flipped out and I… sort of kind of let out that I was poor. I tried to leave but he stopped me and threatened to sue you for fraud and then I told him that he couldn’t do that since technically I was on the date with him. Anyway, he said the only way he wouldn’t sue you is if I pretended to be his fake girlfriend.”

“WHAT?!?!?” Hyori’s shriek filled the café and the only thing I could do was hang my head in shame as everybody stared at us. “Oh my god. Oh my god. I’m ruined!”

“He’s not gonna sue you, Hyori….”

“But you just sai- Wait. You didn’t agree did you?”

“I did.”

“Why would you?”

“I can’t let him sue you. Trust me, Hyori, he wasn’t lying. He’s a complete jerk by the way.” I sat back in my chair and crossed my arms. Hyori had a thoughtful look on her face as if she was processing all the information.

“What exactly does he expect you to do?”

“I’m expected to have dinner with him and some of his friends’ tonight to give the illusion of us actually dating. He hasn’t mentioned anything about meeting his mother yet so I’m not sure exactly how long he expects me to go along with this.”

“This was the worst idea ever.” She laid her head on the table while I stared outside the window wondering what exactly Yixing had in-store for me.

*****

“Oh my goodness Hyori, STOP! This has been the fifth dress! It’s not like I’m going to meet the queen of England!” She let out a loud puff of air and pulled out a short deep-blue puffy dress from her closet.

“Just one more. I’m sure this is the one.” I grabbed the dress out of her hands and stepped into the dressing room she had built into her closet. Taking off the peach dress I currently had on I stepped into the blue, strapless dress and zipped it up. I walked out of the dressing room and Hyori gasped when she saw me and started jumping up and down.

“It’s so pretty!” She put me in front the full length mirror I stood in front of yesterday, but this time I wasn’t as surprised or excited. I just wanted to get the night over with. Stupid Yixing and his stupid rich boy attitude. Who did he think he was?

“Your level is different, it’s different. The air around you is different. I like it, I like it. Something’s different about you. The air around you is different. I like it, I like it.” I answered my phone without checking the caller ID and instantly regretted my decision when I heard the voice at the other end.

“Where are you?!” His voice was thick with worry, obviously not worry for me, but himself.

“Calm down and try not to get your rich boy in a knot.” I waved goodbye to Hyori as I walked outside into the cool night air and stepped into the car that was waiting for me. “I’m on my way.”

“Hurry up! My friends are already here.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” I hung up without giving him a chance to say anything else. I stared out the window as the car drove through the busy Seoul streets. Couples walked hand in hand and friends hung out in groups of large numbers, enjoying their Saturday night, while I? I was on my way to meet the person at the top of my ‘Public Enemy #1 List.’ I must have started day-dreaming because the next thing I know the car stopped in front of a large black metal gate. The driver opened his side window and spoke to someone I couldn’t see. The gates opened smoothly without a single creak and the car continued straight for about five minutes before I faintly could make out a large, brightly lit, white mansion in the distance. You could fit a hundred people in this house with room to spare, but of course I doubt anyone but the immediate family lived in there.

A few minutes later the car came to a stop in the middle of the circular drive and Mr. Hyun, the driver, opened the door for me.

“I really hate these kinds of things, Mr. Hyun.” He chuckled and shook his head.

“Jina-ssi, you hate a lot of things, so this doesn’t surprise me.” I smiled at him and patted him on the shoulder as I made my way up the stone steps. I looked around for a doorbell but when I couldn’t find one, I decided to knock. I knocked and I knocked for what seemed to be eternity, but no one answered.

“Your level is different, it’s different. The air aro-”

I answered my phone and before I could even utter the word ‘Hello’ a very angry whispered voice began quietly screaming.

“Jina, where the fu-”

“Shut up, Yixing and open the door, I’m outside.” I hung up again and smirked to myself. If he wanted to be rude to me, I would do the same to him. Two could play at this game, and I had no doubt that I would win.

I waited around another minute before the door opened and I was met with a very angry, almost red-faced, Yixing.

“You’re late.” He said. I stepped into the house and looked around before answering him.

“I’m not late. Your friends are early.” I took in his angry features and wanted to burst out laughing because he truly looked more constipated than upset. “If you keep that face you’ll get wrinkles. Can we hurry up and get this over with?”

“Nothing would make me happier. Just pretend to be classy and go along with whatever I say okay?” I nodded at him and he took my hand in his catching me by surprise. I tried to ignore the spark I felt, while I plastered a fake smile on my face.

We walked into a large dining room and at the long table around eleven men were seated. They all stood up when Yixing and I walked in and I tried to hide my blush because they were all in fact VERY good-looking.

“Jina,” he said my name a little too cheerfully for my liking, “These are my friends.” He gestured a hand out to the men at the table as if I hadn’t noticed them when we walked in. I bowed to them and they all bowed in return. Yixing walked me to the table and opened up a chair for me. When I sat down he took the place right next to me and almost immediately I felt all eyes shift to us.

“Hello. My name is Kim Joon-Myeon, the man with the dark hair who was sitting across from me said. He smiled brightly at me and it was a smile that made me like him instantly.” I bowed to him and his smile brightened. “Actually just call me Suho.”

“Hey, my name is Kim Jongin,” the man sitting next to Joon-Myeon said. “But you can call me Kai.” I took in his blonde hair and smiled at him. He looked surprise for some reason but smiled back.

“Yeah, and my name is Oh Sehun,” the boy next to Kai said. He had similar blondish hair. “I’m the youngest of this group. It’s about time Yixing hyung got a girlfriend.” I looked to Yixing who had less than a happy look on his face and started laughing. All the boys on the table joined me and Yixing’s cheeks brightened to a deep red.

“Hi, my name’s Luhan.” A cute baby-faced boy with light red hair said to me. He sat by Sehun and I couldn’t help notice that they were openly holding hands on the table. ‘They must be dating,’ I thought to myself. ‘Awesome.’

“Nice to meet you.” I said smiling widely at him. Would it be okay if I asked? “I know this is a little rude since this is our first meeting but are you and Sehun-ssi dating?” They both nodded at me with questioning looks in their eyes. I leaned more into the table closer to their direction. “Is it okay if I call you guys HunHan?” They both beamed at me and nodded their heads at the same time.

“Annnyyyywaayyyy,” The guy with the short brown hair said, “My name is Park Chanyeol.”

“And I’m Byun BaekHyun.” The one with a baby face said.

“I’m Do Kyungsoo, but I go by D.O.” I nodded at him and my attention turned to the men who were sitting at the same side of the table I was.

“Oh, hi.” One of them said shyly when he saw me looking at him. “My name is Kim MinSeok, you can call me Xiumin if you want, but under no circumstances what-so-ever,” His expression turned serious. “Can you call me Boazi.” I smiled at him and made a small mental note to remember that.

“Hey, what’s up, you can just call me Kris.” The one sitting next to Xiumin said. He gave me a slight wave of his hand and returned to whatever he was doing. It didn’t bother me though, to each his own.

“Just call me Chen!” The one sitting next to Kris said. I couldn’t miss his extremely wide smile or sharp features. He was pretty handsome, but he was too busy looking at Xiumin to notice any response from me.  Finally the man sitting next to Chen cleared his throat.

“Of course you must be wondering who this extremely good-looking man is.” He smirked at me and I didn’t know whether to feel worried or extremely creeped out, so I chose both. “I am Huang Zi Tao, but I guess you can just call me Tao.” I smiled at him but he just stared at me. “Well?” He said, “Introduce yourself to me.” He snapped his fingers and for some reason I didn’t understand, I did exactly what the man with the panda eyes asked me to do.

 “Oh! Sorry!” I stood up and looked at all of them. I bowed, “Nice to meet you all. My name is Lee Jina, but just call me Jina, I don’t like formalities.”

“Finally!” Sehun screamed, hands stretched into the air, “Someone who understands me.” The table chuckled and soon the food was served.

At dinner all I did was nod yes to the things Yixing said and whenever someone asked me a question Yixing answered before I could. It really didn’t bother me though, the less complicated this all was, the better it was for me.

***************

“You did good.” Yixing said to me when all of his friends left.

“Yeah, I’m pretty good at nodding my head.”

“Are you always this sarcastic?”

“No.” He opened his mouth to say something, but I interrupted. “I’m usually more sarcastic, but I guess you just got lucky today.” He frowned at me.

“I’ll call you when I need you again. You can show yourself out.” He turned to leave but I stopped him.

“You can’t be serious. How long do you expect me to do this?”

“Until my mother gets off my back about this whole dating thing.”

“That could take years!” I whined dramatically.

“That’s not funny and it won’t take years, probably just a few months. Deal with it for that long.” He walked away and left me in the room to stare after him. Of all the rotten stuck-up people to have to deal with in this world I get stuck with him? No way could I have done anything so bad in my past life that would cause me to have to deal with this. I sighed as I walked out of the house. It must be karma getting me back for not donating the five bucks I found on the ground to charity.

*********************

Yixing's a total lol but i sitll love him ♥ The story is about to get started right about now since all the members have been introduced. 

I hoped you like this chapter ^_^ 

Thanks to all my readers, commenters, and subscribers ^-^