One Step Closer

This Time It's Different

Blackstar’s POV

            The upside to having other people do the dirty work for me was that no one knew who I was. When I took the time to dress appropriately most would say that I’m actually approachable. All you need is a nice smile and a ‘polite’ attitude and people basically ate out of the palm of your hand. Money, now, that wasn’t bad to have either.

            The clock struck eight and it was time to go. I hardly ever showed myself out in the town, so most people think I’m in a different country. It’s been a while since I saw Yixing actually, maybe he wouldn’t recognize me, but come on… not being able to recognize your own cousin? That was taking it a bit too far. “Sir…” It was Sungjae, I preferred to use their real names. Aliases were just a formality. “The car is ready.” Looking to the mirror, I adjusted my tie. Time to crash a party.

****

The butler bowed as he opened the door for me. This house was just as I remembered it. Big, shiny, spotless, cold, empty, filthy. It made me feel as if the walls were closing in on themselves. What was the point of having such a large house if everything within it was so disconnected and hollow? It was just like when I was kid, only now I can see it with clear eyes.

I didn’t need guidance getting to the ballroom, this was in fact, the house I spent my childhood summers in. The chandelier lights had been changed and sparkled to resemble diamonds. At least thirty tables were set up on either side of the dance floor, covered with expensive cloths. The light smells of different kinds of perfumes littered the air, but thankfully, it wasn’t a displeasing scent. All around me people smiled as if tonight was the night of their lives. This was why I hated these things. People come to check out the competition, they don’t care about the cause. They want the latest gossip from the best sources, and they want to feel as if they’re part of an elite group. They seem to forget that they’re no different than the homeless people on the street; we all use the bathroom the same way. People like this come to smile in your face then talk trash about you the second it’s over. I threw away this part of my life a long time ago. The only reason I was here tonight was because of Jina. My plan was slowly setting itself in action.

As I walked around the room, I searched for any signs of Yixing. Any sign of the main hosts, any sign of my insane aunt. People made their way to the dance floor as a slow song began to play. I stood near the corner and observed the people, keeping an eye out for anyone I may recognize. The song was nearing a finish before I noticed Sehun and Luhan on the dance floor, dancing together. I always knew they would end up liking each other. Tao, I believe was sitting on a table with Kris, Suho, Jongin, and Chen. Xiumin and Kyungsoo were over by the food. Baekhyun and Chanyeol stood by each other mingling with other people, but I still saw no signs of Yixing. I looked down for a split second to check my watch before I heard a loud chorus of applause. Looking up I had to hold back my smirk. At the entrance of the large French doors leading into this room was my aunt herself, Yixing, and the woman of the hour Jina. My God, had my aunt gotten uglier or did my vision just improved? I kept my head down while their eyes scanned the room, I didn’t need Jina seeing me, I just needed to get on Yixing’s radar.

She was dressed elegantly in a black floor length dress. Her hair curled to one side, and only the bare minimum of makeup was used. Jina was a pretty girl, I’d give her that.

Narrator’s POV

The night progressed as he waited for any indication of Yixing leaving Jina’s side. The more he waited, the more his frustration built. ‘Since when did Yixing follow people around like a lost puppy?’ Blackstar wondered. ‘Maybe I would be doing him a favor if I beat that smile off his face.’ Yixing moved through the crowd after Jina left to the restroom. “Himchan~ah! Long time no see!” The good looking man was confused for a moment before smiling back, “You always seem to forget that I’m older than you.” Yixing noticed that his smile seemed force, and the sudden way the man squeezed his hand made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He let out a short laugh, desperate to find an escape plan. His eyes widened when he saw someone he hadn’t seen in years. “Ilhoon!” He all but ran to the man which always seemed to be smirking. “Nice party.” Ilhoon commented, “Who’s the girl?” Yixing looked back to see Jina and Sehun sitting neat each other. Sehun in the seat that should have been reserved for him. “That’s Jina… a friend of mine.” Ilhoon let out a short chuckle, “Doesn’t seem like just a friend. Hold on to her, she’s pretty that one.” Ilhoon smirked once more before heading over to the open French doors. On his way back to the main table, he bumped into someone. “Oh! Annyeong hyung!” The younger boy Myungsoo smiled whatever smile he could muster, but this was something Yixing was used to. “Myungsoo! I haven’t seen you in a while. Hey, listen, I’ll talk to you later.” Myungsoo nodded. “I’ll be here.” Yixing patted him on the shoulder before making his way back to the main tables.

Blackstar’s POV

Suffocating. Utterly suffocating. After I got him to notice me, I immediately left. I didn’t need to be in that house any longer than absolutely necessary. I loosened my tie with my free hand while I called my driver with the other. “Yes sir.” His voice rang through the speaker. “Get me out of here in the next ten minutes or you’re dead.”

Silence. “Y-yes, sir.”
 

~

EARLIER THAT NIGHT

~

Jina’s POV

“So you’re her?” Her extremely high heels tapped the marble floors.

“Excuse me?” I said as politely as I could.

“You’re the girl… the only girl… who has managed to capture my son’s heart long enough to get him to introduce her to me. I’m impressed.”

“O-oh… Thank you.” What else could I say? ‘No ma’am it’s nothing like that. Your son is just a tad narcissistic and has a bad habit of looking down on people. This is all part of a deal we made.’ I’d rather avoid that drama. She looked me over once more before turning to face the glass French doors. 

“Well, let’s get this thing started.”

The doors opened when the first song finished. A burst of applause erupted through the crowd as they saw Yixing. I walked with him as he went around greeting people, and i tried to smile as much as possible. I felt completely uncomfortable in this sparkly, black dress Hyori had put me in, and wanted desperately to just sit at a table and eat. After a few more minutes we finally arrived at the table were Yixing’s friends were seated. “JINA NOONA!” That kid Sehun was the only one who could brighten up my mood so quickly. He pulled me away from Yixing and made me sit next to him, not that I was complaining. Luhan, Kai, and Suho also sat on the table leaning over in intense conversation about the people at the party. Basically the guy they were pointing at was cheating on his wife with his secretary, and now the secretary was threatening to tell his wife if he didn’t give her a trip to a different country. I picked up bits and pieces, but it was along those lines. Sehun sat near me staring at me. When I looked at him he immediately broke out into a long speech I was sure he had prepared. “Sehun~ah excuse me, I have to use the bathroom.” His eyes widened then narrowed before nodding and letting me go.

~~~

Narrator’s POV

His car pulled up in nine minutes and thirty-seven seconds. The driver immediately stepped out and opened the door to which the disgusted man quickly slid into. He was eager to leave this place. The driver pulled away from the large mansion with a look of scared apprehension on his face. He knew what kind of man BlackStar was. If he so much as pressed the break too harshly, his life would be taken from him. He often questioned how a man so young could have gained so much power. But then again, he would remind himself it would be better if he didn’t ask so many questions.

In the backseat, BlackStar sat with many thoughts reeling through his head. He had to be careful. Soon Jina would learn of his connection to Yixing, and from then, the true plan would be set in action. He would have to be more careful than ever before. Having so many people doing his dirty work was the best advantage at times, but during times like this, when he had to do the work himself, it proved to be quite a disadvantage. 

 

**********************************************

Hellloooooo^^ I'm really really really REALLLYYYY sorry for the super late update, but school work seems to be never ending TT^TT Even though there's not a lot of action in this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it! 

Who do you think it is @-@ Any ideas? Comment and tell me what you think and your thoughts on the chapter♥

To all my readers, subscribers, and commentors... SARANGHAEYOOOO~