Chapter 5

What Matters Most Is Who You Are

Eun Sun P.O.V

This morning felt like a blur. Things went by as fast as they usually did, my brother drove me to school and dropped me off. I started walking up across campus into my first period class. I was extremely happyit was a study session class, where the teacher wasn't there and we were supposed to everything ourselves. That class had Henry in it. Surprisingly, I was anxious to meet him. But in the other hand, I wish I could run away from him, besides, that Taeyeon was there with him. He had plenty of company. I just walked up close to the doors of my class, when I recieved a text:

Eun Sun, what will it be for lunch. Italian? Bet you have never tried that before.

- Henry

I gripped my phone tightly, it was soo him to get me mad this early in the morning. Just when I was starting to think he was an okay guy. I walked up slowly up and noticed Henry, and I slid into my seat. I didn't say word to him. It would just make me even more mad.

"Hey, you. Did you get my text?" He said trying to start a conversation.

"The rude text? yeah, I did," I said hinting him that I wasn't pleased with this stuff.

"It's a joke, Eun Sun. Besides aren't girls supposed to like funny guys?" He added. He looked at me. "Quit this hard to talk to stuff, it's not really cute, any other girl in the school would be ecstatic if I invited them out for lunch,".

"Well, I'm not every girl! Aish... what's wrong with you? One minute you seem fine, and the next your acting like this," I snapped back at him with a sour look on my face. I brushed my hand slowly through my hair.

"You know, you have pretty eyes," He said back to me.

I ignored him. It wasn't really normal for him compliment me. It was probably another joke. I felt his hand on mine. I stayed still, I wasn't in the mood for questions.

"Eun Sun, I'm sorry. Forgive me?" He looked at me with a baby face. He looked innocent, and the apology seemed meaningful.

"Uh, I'm not sure. Seems like somebody owes me two lunches now," I laughed. I looked down and noticed his hand still on mine. I blushed slightly.  

He looked down, wondering what I was staring at. He blushed a little too. "Oh, sorry, hehe,". He took his hand off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry P.O.V

Something about Eun Sun made me wonder. Maybe it was the way she laughed, they way she looked when she was angry at me, the way she smiles. I didn't know, but it just made me want to know more about her. She seemed like the girl who would never be my type, but she keeps proving me wrong in every single way.

"Henry!" I heard someone call. It was Taeyeon coming up to her seat beside me. "Hey," she added.

"Oh hi, Taeyeon," I said simply.

"So I was thinking, we should get some coffee at lunch," she said to me.

"Sorry, but I have plans," I said back to her. She was cool and all, but so fake. "Maybe next time,".

"Sure, no problem," she said boringly.

I looked up and glanced at Eun Sun, after about ten seconds, she looked up at me and gave me a weird look. I smiled back at her. She smirked and went back to work.

"Eun Sun, right?" I heard Taeyeon ask Eun Sun. Eun Sun nodded at her slightly.

"I've noticed you have a nice complexion. But you seem so dark today," Taeyeon said to her.

Eun Sun immediately went back to her work and didn't say anything back. In Korea, girl's strived for being pale and beautiful and if something like that was said a girl would be traumatized.

"Taeyeon, that's enough," I said to her sternly. She could so childish sometimes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eun Sun P.O.V

"Dark? Do I really look Dark?" I asked myself while looking in the mirror in the washroom at lunch time. I scrubbed my face hard with soap. I was just about to apply tons of white make up. I wondered if Taeyeon could tell I was not full Korean. It would be humilating if she did. I sighed and felt my face. I then heard the ring of my phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Meet me in the front, I'm in a black car, Nissan," It sounded much like Henry.

"Give me 5 minutes, I'll see you soon," I said quickly. I shut the phone and put it back into my pocket. I took out my compact makeup and applied white powder everywhere. I was about to finish it off wiht lipgloss and get going but my lipgloss fell on the floor. I went down to reach it and noticed another hand grab for it.

"Here, is this yours?" the voice said. I looked up and noticed. It was Jessica.

"Thank you so much," I said back. I took the gloss from her.

"No problem, by the way nice gloss shade it matches your pretty pale complexion," she said.

I blushed and smiled. "Aw, thanks,". It felt so nice to hear this after what Taeyeon said this morning. I noticed time was flying, I rushed the gloss on and ran out the washroom door and out the school. I looked for a black nissan car, until I found one near the west wing of the school. I knelt down a bit and knocked lightly on the door. The window rolled down slowly. I noticed Henry's smiling face.

"Late? That's not good," He said jokingly. "But you look pretty,".

"See, time is good for a girl, thank you," I said back.  I opened the door and sat in the seat beside him. He started to drive.

"We're going somewhere classy, this little Italian restaurant not too far from school," He informed me, his eyes plastered to the road. "Don't worry, you'll like it,".

"Sounds good," I replied plainly. The rest of the way to the restaurant was quiet. I didn't have nothing to say, and apparently Henry didn't either.

When arrived at the restaurant and he parked near the front. We both got out and walked towards the enterance. Henry made his way to the staff. He whispered something to them and it made me wonder what he was saying. He gestured for me to come with him. We walked together into a private room, with only one table with 2 seats.

"Why don't we just sit in the main part of the restaurant?" I asked him. "This is a bit too much,".

"Haha, 'cause then people will take pictures, and you'll be plastered on blogs, twitters, and magazines," He explained.

I nodded, and made my way towards my seat. I sat down and picked up the menu. It had beautiful looking dishes plastered all over it. But I noticed they were pricey.

"Pick whatever you want," Henry said.

I smiled back. I didn't think he would spend this much money on lunch. I searched for the cheapest thing on the menu.

"Salad," I told him. "Order me a salad, plain please,".

"Come on, Salad? That's nothing. Try the pasta, or gourmet pizza." He told me.

I didn't know what to say, I couldn't tell him I didn't want him to spend money. "I'm watching my diet," I lied.

"Oh, your one of those diet crazy girls?" He chuckled. "Okay, as you wish,".

I stared at him. He seemed so calm for once. His laugh was mesmorizing, and His hair looked great in the light.

The waiter walked up to us and took our order. Henry ordered me my salad, and some water. And ordered himself Alcerroni Gourmet Pasta, with a some vodka. The waiter left with the order.

"Vodka? This early in the day?" I asked him surprised.

"So..?" He said. "Not the first time. And I won't get drunk, dont worry," He assured me.

We chatted about school and life for a while, when our order came in.

"Here it is," the waiter said. "Oh and Mr. Lau, could you sign something for me later?".

"Sorry, but no." He said simply.

The waiter's expression turned blank and he walked off.

I hit Henry's arm. "Your so mean.." I whispered.

He looked at me weirdly. "You try signing, & signing things ALL day, and then come back to me," He started. "I'm so sick of it,".

I stayed silent and just looked him. That could be really tiring.

We both started eating. I watched Henry as he drank his vodka. I was still surprised, I never would have thought. The rest of the meal went by fast. Faster then I wanted it to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry P.O.V

After I paid the bill, I walked up to Eun Sun to take her back to school. "Let's get out of here," I said to her. I was a bit tipsy, but I was trying to hide it from her. We walked out slowly together.

And that's when I saw it. Flashes, and Cameras everywhere. Papparazzi found us. I grabbed Eun Sun's  hand. "Come, and look down," I said to her. She did as I said.

"What the hell... Can't you get any privacy from these people?" she asked me.

I ignored her and pushed her into the car. I went into my seat and I drove. As fast as I could. I didn't know where to go. But one thing was sure, I couldn't go back to school. They would surely find me, And they would find out Eun Sun's identity.