Chapter One

What Matters Most Is Who You Are

"Eun Sun! Wake up already!" I heard someone scream at me from near. "Your going to be late!" the person said. I felt a pillow hit my face.

"Yah! Leave me alone," I replied, looking up to see my older brother Woo Bin standing at my door. "I want to sleep just a little longer,".

"A little? You have to get up now or you'll be late for school," He snapped back at me.

"Okay, alright. Just get out," I said while getting up and walking towards the mirror. I stared at my reflection, I looked like a total mess. My hair was pointing outwards towards every direction, and my face made me look dead. "Oh god," I whispered to myself. I ran towards the bathroom, washed my face and brushed my teeth. I then hurried out a brushed my hair back into a neat pony tail, and slipped on a knee-length summer dress. I hurried to grab my book bag and ran out my bedroom door.

"Finally," my brother said as he noticed me hurry into the living room. "Why do you almost always sleep in?".

"I don't sleep in that much," I said back. "It's just that I don't get enough sleep,".

"Then go to sleep earlier," He replied. "Now get something quick to eat and I'll drop you off at school,".

I nodded and made my way to the fridge. I poured some orange juice into a cup, and drank it. I also put a small apple into my bag for later. I never really had a big breakfast because there was almost always no time. "Let's go!" I exclaimed while running out the door towards my brother's car.

"Eun Sun, you never haste to surprise me," I heard my brother say as he exited the house and walked towards the front seat of the car.

"What? Haha, what do you mean?" I asked him surprised.

"Nothing, get in," he said laughingly.

I slipped into the passenger seat and we were off. The school was about a ten minute drive away, so the ride went by quickly. My university was beautiful. I loved to just stare at it sometimes. The buildings their selves are pretty old but have so much devine history in them. The landscape was full of beautiful flowers and plants all around. It felt perfect as we rolled up the street and saw the Seoul International Institute of Arts.

"Well, uh... aren't you going to get out now?" I heard my brother's voice through my day dream.

"Oh, sorry. Thanks Woo Bin," I replied and quickly got out of the car. I watched him back up and exit the street and drive off.

I walked over to the one of the many benches on the school grounds and sat. I breathed, and took everything in. I felt calm.

"Eun Sun, Yah Baek Eun Sun!" I heard a yelling from close to me. "You're here!" Another voice said. I looked up and saw my two friends Mina and Hana.

So much for quiet and calm, I thought to myself. "Annyeong! Come sit with me," I replied to them.

"Sit? No, not after what we just heard," Mina said breathlessly.

"Yes, omo... she's right!" Hana said also.

"Guys calm down, what is it?"  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------