Chapter 26

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

NO ONE'S POV-

When they reached the SM building, Chaerin held Kris by his wrist and shook her head violently.

"Kris.... It would be awkward. I mean what wou--" she shifted her weight on her toes.

"It won't be. I'm here aren't I?" Kris smiled his perfect smile and pulled her towards the door, the sound from the room was blasting through the whole area. Chaerin took a deep breath as they stepped in. All eyes were on the two of them, and she swore she would have preferred to be swallowed alive by the earth than meet those 11 pair of eyes staring at them.

"Hyung.... You bought a guest." Baekhyun spoke to break the ice, the others stood still, and dabbed their faces with the towels, nervous at the presence of a girl in their practice room, and not just some girl, it was CL for Christ's sake.

"Nice to meet you." Chaerin almost bowed a 90 degree bow, but Kris stopped her. 'You don't have to' he mouthed as he pulled out a chair for her to sit on, Chaerin glanced around the room and found that they were all sitting on the floor, so she decided she'd sit too, she pushed it back and sat down on the floor her back against the wall, a tall, dark, skinny boy scooted closer to her and smiled nervously.

"Hello CL Sunbaenim, I'm Tao." he waved his hand, his eyes piercing through hers,

"Hi Tao..... " she smiled, noticing the accent in his Hangul.

"You're Chinese too?" she asked, trying to make a conversation she so at.  He simply nodded making her effort go down the drain as they spent a minute of silence smiling awkwardly at each other. Kris had left the room after Chaerin settled herself on the floor, he came back with a few snacks in his hand, which he put down beside her.

"Lay... Show it to me, the part from Yeol's rap." he said in his husky voice, turning to the dimpled man, who obediently got to his toes.

"CL-sshi..." a rainbow haired boy crouched beside her, joined by a tanned boy with full lips, who playfully slapped the former on his head and corrected him.

"CL-sshi? Sunbaenim..... CL Sunbaenim." he said as he his lips, not provocatively but maybe out of habit.

"It's okay... 'CL' itself is fine." she said, glancing at the tall man struggling to learn the dance.

"Or Noona?" Tao suggested, joining in.

"Noona? You're all.... Younger than me?" she exclaimed surprised.

"Noona it is." Tao clasped his hand together and smiled.

"He won't get it by today...." a silver haired, baby faced boy said as he sat down and joined the circle.

"I'm Luhan...." as he said it, a chubby cheeked boy pranced across the room and scooted beside him.

"I'm Xiumin." he beamed. Chaerin smiled, not knowing what to do or what to say.

"That tall guy there, secretly stealing glances at you is your group ultimate fanboy no. 1, Chanyeol....." the eyeliner boy said as he walked towards the circle and squeezed himself between Kai and Sehun,

"That is, D.O, sleeping with his eyes open. That one." he said as he pointed towards the boy standing beside the door, watching the two people dancing.

".... Is Suho Hyung and.... The one dancing with Kris Hyung is.... Lay Hyung." he supplied information one by one and at the end, he pointed at himself and grinned.

"And.... The best for the last. I'm Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." he said it, shyly, suddenly embarrassed at his own cheesy remarks.

"Noona.... What are you doing with Kris Hyung?" Tao suddenly asked. Chaerin froze at the bluntness of his question.

"What he means to say is..... " Suho was already standing behind Tao, his hand resting on Tao's shoulder.

"How did you guys get to know each other?" Suho translated Korean into Korean.

"My Korean is not...... nice." Tao explained.

"not good." all the boys corrected him.

"not good." he repeated, to which Chaerin smiled understandingly.

"We did the MCing together in the G1 concert. That's how we.... Met." she explained earning 'ohs and ahs' from the boys surrounding her.

"Let's eat these." Xiumin said as he opened the chips packet and placed it in the middle. Kai opened a coke can and passed it to Chaerin.

"I'm Kai, by the way... Forgot to tell you." he said smiling nervously.

"Sehun." Sehun lifted his hand as a matter of factly, earning a playful punch from Luhan.

"This is so hard!" Kris's voice boomed through the whole room as he sprawled on the floor.

"Then let's stop it here." Lay said as he approached the party and grabbed a handful of the chips.

"I want some too...." D.O came running across the room, only to find empty packets and cans.

"sorry." Sehun said as he his finger and smiled mischievously.

"Let's go eat at the restaurant behind the building then." Suho suggested earning applause from the boys.

 

*

 

After the lunch with all the boys, Chaerin and Kris walked back to the SM Building parking lot.

"They're all so.... Funny and... Nice" she commented, smiling to herself at the thought of the boys.

"They make me want to kill myself at times..... But yes... They're... Nice." he said proudly, retrieving the car keys from his pocket.

"C-Chaerin? Is.... That...... You?" someone said from behind. Chaerin's heart skipped a beat hearing the voice, she turned around slowly, swallowing hard.

"Hyunjoong oppa?" she muttered inaudibly. She hadn't met him after their break up.

"W-What're you doing here?" he asked turning his judging eyes from her to Kris who was standing beside her then back to Chaerin.

"I shall ask you the same question. You're not of this company, as far as I recall." Kris butted in, his face was serious, Chaerin had shared everything to him few days ago, how he treated her, how he cheated on her. Hyunjoong smirked.

"So... I see, you found yourself another boy toy? Where's....... Your Jingyo oppa?" he said as he pretended to search for him, furrowing his eyebrows.

Chaerin simply ignored him and turned around, pulling Kris along with her. 'Ignore him' she mouthed as they walked to his car.

"What happened? Your oppa left you? He didn't need you anymore?" he called out, sarcastically. Chaerin knew he was trying to provoke her, she winced at the thought of herself so in love with this man, now she couldn't understand why she did. She was fine until.....

"I'm happy for you Chae, you found someone better than that drug doping piece of , he--" she slapped him tight across his face. He held the burning spot and looked at her in disbelief.

"Dare you say anything bad about him." she snarled, holding his collar.

"I. Will. Kill. You." she growled as she pushed him away and turned around and joined Kris back to his car. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she sat down and buckled her seatbelt.

"Are you okay?" Kris asked, she detected genuine concern in his voice.

"I've been better." she answered honestly, trying to force a smile. He saw her effort and smiled back.

"He didn't deserve you." he commented as he turned the key in the ignition followed by the purr of the engine.

"Yes.... He didn't." she swept her bangs away and leaned on the window.

* Chaerin dived to her bed as soon as she reached. She decided to take a shower, until her phone rang. She ran and picked it up, without looking at the caller ID

"Hello?" she answered securing the towel around her body.

"Chaerin!" a voice exclaimed.

"Yes... Who is..." she trailed off, but decided to take a look at the name,

Kiko?

"Oh.. Kiko. W-what's up?"

"Chaerinnie...... Hun Hun Chae...." she sang. What's up with her?

"Y-yeah?"

"I'm drunk you know." she giggled.

"I can make that out..... What's wrong?" Chaerin asked confused at her weird and random behaviour. They talked once in a while, but they were never really close or anything.

"GD.... That guy...." she burped.

"He... Cut me off." she finished, sulking.

"Cut you off? What do you mean?"

"Yes... Few weeks back. He.... Came over, and.... And......." she stopped.

"W-what was I saying?" she suddenly asked. Clearly she wasn't in her right mind.

"he came over and....." Chaerin prompted.

"Yes... He came over and asked me why I came to Korea... What was my intention. And stuff like that."

"hmm...." Chaerin hummed, loosening her hair band.

"Then he snapped suddenly. And... Asked me to go back..."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know. He said forgive me for the way I treated you before... But I'm not the same person I was 3 years back. I want to change.... And something else."

"Wh-what else did he say?"

"He... Begged me to forgive him, and free him."

"I.. Don't get it Kiko... Free him? From what? It's not making any sense."

"That's what I wanted to ask you CL.... You know him the best, don't you. You and Taeyang. But... Taeyang doesn't like me, he.... Whatever!" she paused, "Ask him what is wrong with him... He's ignoring my calls, I go to his place, he never answers the door. He cut me off."

"I.... I'll try to talk to him, we're not really on talking terms." Chaerin replied, slightly feeling guilty at her latest outburst.

"But he'll listen to you. He always does. Please... Chaerin, will you ask him what I did wrong? Please?" Chaerin gulped and agreed to do so, since she was the kind of a person who cannot say no.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" Kiko exclaimed excitedly and hung up.

She dialled Jiyong's number but quickly ended the call before it rang. Biting her lips, she tried it again. It rang a few times, she almost hung up, until....

"Hello?" Chaerin nervously spoke.

"Yes?" it wasn't Jiyong,

"Who... Is this?" Chaerin, took another look at her phone and at the dialled number, it was indeed Jiyong's number. He has a new girlfriend? Chaerin wondered.

"I'm the new help at Mr. Kwon's house. Is this Miss Lee?" the female voice answered.

"Oh!" Chaerin's heart eased, though she didn't know why it she was feeling that way in the first place.

"Yes... Is he not at home?" Chaerin asked, twirling her hair with her index finger.

"He forgot his phone at home. I don't know where he's gone. Do you have a message to leave, I can deliver it to him when he returns." the help offered.

"Just ask him if he can call me back when he returns."

"I will Miss Lee."

"Thankyou.... Uh..."

"Daehyeon. Daehyeon unnie."

"Thankyou Daehyeon Unnie."

*

Chaerin had to go over to YG HQ to meet Teddy regarding her solo. It was already 1:20am, but in an Idol's life, 1:20 wasn't late.She checked her phone again as she still hadn't received a call from Jiyong. She wondered, maybe he doesn't want to talk to me. She opened the studio door and peeked in, finding Teddy working on the iMac. And on the couch was Jiyong sleeping with his hand over his eyes. So he hasn't gone home yet.

"Oppa?" she knocked gently on the door. Eyeing the unconscious body on the couch.

"Chaerin! Good you're here." Teddy pulled out a chair and pat the seat gesturing her to sit down.

"Listen" was all he said as he placed the headphone over her head. She bobbed her head with the beat.

"Wow!" she exclaimed a little too loudly maybe as she saw Jiyong stir through the corner of her eyes.

"It's amazing Oppa... I can't even... You. Are. A. Legend." she complemented Teddy, who shook his hand and smiled.

"It wasn't all me, Chae-Chae. That lazy kid over there did most of it." he said as he nodded his head towards the sleeping figure. Chaerin walked over to the couch and sat at the edge, beside his head and bent down whispering in his ear.

"Oppa.." she whispered. He stirred, then shifted his position.

"Jingyo oppa!"

"Hmmm?" he hummed, rubbing his eyes, and sitting up, yawning.

"Thankyou." she said as she sat down on the couch beside him.

"Hmmm....." Jiyong yawned again, placing his head on her shoulder and took her hand in his and squeezed it.

"I hope you can forgive me." he whispered, closing his eyes.

"I'm sorry oppa.... I-I... Over Reacted." she mumbled against his hair.

"No..no... What you did was right. I need someone who can do that to me. You're the only one who can do that.... You're the only one who cares."

"That's not true.... It can't be." Chaerin debated.

"Okay... Maybe... Just my mom... And you." he smiled, his eyes were droopy and sleepy.

"You stayed up all night? Making that track?" she asked as she pointed towards the computer. He nodded.

"Okay then... Consider yourself forgiven and all... Forgotten." she said as she propped a cushion over her lap, gesturing him to lay down, which he did happily.

I wish to see you happy like this.... Always. Chaerin thought as she ran her hand through his hair and sighed. Feeling exhausted and sleepy herself.

 


A/N:
I'm back again....
This maybe the longest chapter I've ever written. haha.
I hope I didn't disappoint.
All's well now :)

I'm addicted to Exo so I included them in this chappie.
Do you guys want more Youngbae POVs? Or DaraYang to happen?
Let me know in the comment section.
I love reading your comments.
Upvote if you can. Muahhh
Thankyou subbies...

 

{E N X I E}