Chapter 47

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

"You didn't have to come Youngbae-ah" Jiyong said as he smiled sheepishly at his friend, who had taken his time out from his schedule to pick him up at the airport. 

"I needed a break." Youngbae replied as they squeezed between the screaming fangirls and pushed  the trolley, while Jiyong wheeled his suitcase and followed behind him as he waved and bowed. "So do you Ji." he muttered, . "So do you."

 

"Now tell me Unnie" Chaerin muttered as she put a final touch to her make up. "How should I act in front of him? It'll be so awkward." They were invited to Youngbae's farm house as he had planned a welcome back party for his friend, who had successfully completed his tour in Japan.

"Why would you feel awkward Pudong-ah? That's just silly." grabbing her phone from the table, Dara pat her Dongsaeng on the shoulder. "You were friends first. Even if he doesn't feel the same way, you can always go back to where you guys were." Trying the best to convince herself with her Unnie's words, Chaerin took a deep breath and nod.

"You're right." she said. "I'm fine as friends."

Truth be told.

She wasn't.

 

 

"Let's give it up for my brother, my best friend. My everything—" Youngbae shook his head as he flashed his eye smile. "That did not sound right." he chuckled as he met Dara's eyes meaning to say, she is his everything. "Kwon Jiyong or as most people know GDragon to come up on this podium and speak his heart out." he placed the mic back to it's stand as he gestured for his friend to come up. "Come on Ji."

After a big round of applause, Jiyong  slowly got up from his seat and headed for the podium, where his friend stood, smiling proudly. He stepped on the steps but stumbled a little, before he could fall, Youngbae grabbed his arm quickly and pulled him up.

"Are you okay?" Youngbae whispered to Jiyong, who only smiled and shrugged him off, like everything was normal.

But it was not.

Before he could reach the mic, Jiyong felt like his head was being hammered and his heart beat faster than possible, like it could jump out of his chest any second, his legs gave away and his vision blurred. He tried to balance himself but failed miserably as he fell straight on the wooden floor with a loud thud. And everything became black.

"Jiyong!" Youngbae jumped forward, lifting up his friend's head with care. "Call the ambulance." he yelled.

 

Everything seemed surreal as Chaerin sat in the hospital with Youngbae, since Dara had left to bring some clothes for Chaerin to change with. It had been an hour and a half since they arrived after the incident at the party. She sat numb as she stared at the lights hanging above their heads.

"He'll be fine Chae." Youngbae grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "He has to be." Chaerin appreciated the way Youngbae had tried to console her, even though he was lost and as worried as her. Smiling weakly, she covered his hands with her free hand and rest her head on his shoulder.

"His parents are in Jeju, I called them. They'll be here as soon as they can." Youngbae said as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"What about Dami Unnie?" Chaerin asked as she sniffled.

 "Noona's in Incheon, she has a showcase going on so she won't be able to come." Youngbae said plainly. "It's just us."

"Mr. Dong?" a voice boomed from the end of the corridor and the two sprang up, staring at the male in his whites. "Can I speak to you for a minute please?"  Youngbae quickly glanced at Chaerin and stepped forward when Chaerin nodded and nudged him forward.

"Actually, since his parents aren't here, we're both responsible for him." Youngbae supplied and scooped an arm around Chaerin's waist as he pulled her forward.

"H-How is he?" Chaerin blurted out as she pressed her hand on her temple.

"Have you been aware of his condition before? How often has the episodes occurred?" Dr. Yoo asked, eyeing the duo who stared at him, confused. Clearing his throat, he removed his spectacles and slipped it inside his coat pocket."I assume you're not aware of his condition." he smiled lightly and continued. "He has Paroxysmal Supraventicular Tachycardia. Don't be alarmed. It is not uncommon to have it, but there is a chance that it may lead to a congestive heart failure or Angina pectoris if he isn't treated, preferably I'd recommend he gets ablation procedure."

"What are the odds?" Chaerin chimed in, being the daughter of a physicist and having a family that excelled in the field of science. She wasn't particularly aware of the exact condition, but the heart is a sensitive organ and she knew better than to not take it seriously and to make matters worse, it was the heart of the person she loved.

"According to the ECG, his episode of PSVT with sustained HR was around 190. I have administered him with an adenosine IV. His heart has responded well and the rhythm has converted back to a NSR. I also initiated an echo and thankfully his heart function is quite normal except for a 'Semi-mild' mitral valve regurgitation" Dr. Yoo said as he flipped through the file. "So to answer your question, there is a 90% success rate regarding ablation, and less than 10% chance of complications. So the risk to benefit ratio is out of this world for going on with the procedure."

"So . . . We're Crossing out the treatment other than follow up at regular intervals as a sound treatment option. Doctor, I—I'm worried about him undergoing an invasive procedure, the odds seem alright but there's still a space for complications as you suggested." She said as she gripped onto Youngbae's arm unwittingly. "Implied that you assumed he'd had the episodes occur before as well."

Dr. Yoo chuckled and nod. He'd never thought he'd meet someone from the entertainment industry to bother weighing the risk and benefits of such medical procedures without jumping to final decisions as soon as it deemed right at the moment. From what he'd heard from his teenage daughter, a self proclaimed 'die-hard blackjack, Miss Lee, or better known as CL was known for her intelligence and wit. For once, rumours were true.

"Of course Miss Lee. I understand your concerns. I shall keep hin overnight in a monitored bed for observation and give you time to decide." he smiled and wrapped his arm around the folder. "You can see him, if you want to. I'll be there—” he pointed towards the end of the corridor. “Just in case."

"Thank you doctor." Youngbae bowed. Turning around he stared at Chaerin who's eyes followed the doctors footsteps. "I didn't understand a word." he chuckled and squeezed her shoulder. "You might have to explain it to me in Human language later." stretching his arm, he gestured for Chaerin to walk ahead but the tiny figure emerging from the entrance caught his attention. "You go ahead Chae."

 

Chaerin turned the knob and slowly walked inside the room. Not only was she greeted with the sound of machines beeping, the sight of a pale looking Jiyong lying motionlessly on the bed with holter monitor and an electrocardiogram attached to his bare chest didn't help at all. Something pulled on Chaerin's heart watching him in this condition. Silently, she sat down on the chair beside the bed and stared at his face. His lips white and colorless, while his eyes were surrounded with dark circles and heavy eye bags. The time when Kiko confronted her, came back to her and she couldn't help but sob.

How could she have been so in love but so oblivious of his pain. It seemed though, as if, she only saw what she wanted to see. Partly blaming herself for not being there for him and angry at him for not telling her of his condition, she bent forward and kissed his forehead, grabbing his hand gently as she moved away.

"I'm sorry..." she muttered as she stared at his hand with IV drips attached. "I'm so sorr—"

"for what?" a soft voice, barely a whisper reached her ear and she jumped in her seat, not expecting him to be awake. "Why're you sorry?" he croaked as he smiled and the corners of his eyes crinkled. A tear escaped her eyes as she wondered how he could still look so beautiful even in this condition. "Y-You're crying..."

"I know." She replied, feeling stupid for being such a softie. The weird things love could do to you. "You scared me." she made an annoyed face and he laughed. Not his normal laugh but a soft chuckle.

"I was scared too." he admitted, his eyes glimmering as he met hers. "But not because of this...." he said taking a deep breath as he closed his eyes shut and opened them to look straight at her eyes. "Scared that something might happen to me before-"

"Nothing will happen to yo—" Chaerin interrupted, not pleased with the idea he was putting into her mind. She didn't appreciate it one bit.

"-I could tell you what you mean to me."

"Wha—" Chaerin's eyebrows lifted and she gaped at the man before her who only shrugged lightly and gently lifted their joined hands to kiss hers.

 

 

 

"I love you Lee Chaerin."

 

 


 

Author’s note:
WARNING! It’s VERY VERY LONG!

So yeah guys! I know I’ve been gone for a long time, I know.. :’( I hope I didn’t disappoint.
So there it is, the confession (was it too forward? Too unrealistic?) Let me know what you think about it? I’ll try and edit.. If possible.
And yeah, the medical terms etc just flew right above my head. I gathered all information from the internet so there’s a chance I could be wrong.
It’s not that serious and mind you.. Ji’s not going to die or anything. :D (Just wanted to add some drama) But yes, he’s sick, not just physically but mentally, so it’s taking a toll on his body.

 

I haven’t been feeling good today to be quite honest.
This CL and the MTBD thing just… it broke my heart how some people reacted to it.
Asking her to Kill herself or go to hell where “she belongs”, comparing her to a dog, calling her a , saying they’d celebrate if she died. SERIOUSLY?????
I’m a person of faith as well; I do get what they’re coming from. But without even having authentic proof or even trying to analyze the situations, they’re jumping to ballistic conclusions, accusing her of disrespecting their religion.
It’s just all so blown out of proportion.

Chaerin Unnie, as far as I’ve observed (and might I add I’m often complimented for my observing skills) she’s an open minded, independent, intelligent lady, coming from a well off family. I highly doubt she ever intended to disrespect any religion. Even if IT IS a verse from the Quran, I’m quite sure she didn’t know the law, because well, we Christians do quote the Bible in songs and it’s considered alright. -_-
IDK, it’s a sensitive topic and maybe a few of you subbies are Muslims as well.
It wasn’t my intention to blame you for accusing, neither am I trying to defend her.
I solemnly believe, it was an honest mistake. Let’s be patient and wait for an official statement from YG before we do or say something we might regret.
Peace. Sorry if I offended anyone through this A/N.

Until then;
Keep supporting our queens and congrats to them for making history in Kpop industry as the highest ranking Kpop album in the billboard J

 

 

With love~
E