Chapter 4: His promise & her hatred

I Never Really Loved You From The Start, or did I??

 

 

 

 

[In London: Jiyong’s POV]

 

 

~after a week since jiyong went back in London.

 

 

*sigh* “why cant I get her off my mind?” I said to myself and stared at the open space.

 

 

*ding dong* I went to the door and opened it.

 

 

“Hyung!” he shouted and jumped up and hugged me. “how are you hyung?”

 

 

I was shocked, “what are you doing here Jihoo? Are you supposed to be in korea?”

 

 

“Yup, but I really missed hyung so I went here, TO SEE HYUNG!” he said enthusiastically.

 

 

“Really, you missed hyung?” I said while I carried him in my arms.

 

 

Two men came in and placed a language by the sofa and went out. Maybe they were the ones who brought Jihoo here.

 

 

I placed Jihoo on the couch, opened the television and sat beside him.

 

 

“hyung.” He said with his cute sad face.

 

 

He showed me a plastic dinosaur ring on his hand and said “ hyung, you gave this to me right.” I remembered giving it to him on his 6th birthday.

 

 

 

------FLASHBACK----------

 

 

 

“hyung where is my gift?!” Jihoo asked excitedly. I was shock, how could I forget my brother’s birthday and most especially his gift?!

 

 

“umm…” I searched my pocket and found a plastic dinosaur ring, a ring that I got out of a cereal box. How cheap! TT^TT

 

 

I handed it to him he just looked at me, there’s does sad puppy eye’s again! His eyes became watery. He’s really disappointed.

 

 

I knelt in front of him, “wait, don’t cry. This ring has super power.”

 

 

His eyes widened and nodded, waiting patiently for me to continue. “umm.. and if you-uh.. asked hyung for anything he will grant it.”

 

 

“Anything?” he asked, really amazed.

 

 

“Anything,” I assured.

 

 

“YEAY! It has super powers,” he started running while raising his hand in the air.

 

 

 

*sigh* children are truly gullible; they’ll believe anything you say.

 

 

 

 

-------------End of FLASHBACK------------

 

 

 

“Yeah, have you thought for a wish as an exchange for it?”

 

 


“Um-hm,” he nodded “well there is a girl, back in Korean. I’m really happy playing with her. They all say that I’ll marry her.” He said with sad eyes, "but i dont want to."

 

 

Why?" I asked him

 

 

"Because I am afraid to hurt her and make her cry."

 

 

 

-----------Jihoo's flashback-----------

 

 

 

"Let’s play in the garden" I said

 

 

"Okay" Rina said.

 

 

I held her hand and we ran, but she accidentally tripped causing her knees to bleed. She was crying. I was shock; I don't know what to do.

 

 

Then mommy and aunt Min-seo came, and then they went home. I'm really sad I haven't said sorry to her."

 

 

 

---------------End of flashback-----------------

 

 

 

[Jiyong’s POV]

 

 

 

I just nodded.

 

 

"Hyung, dont wanna make her cry but I wantHarabujee to be happy. My wish is that you'll be the one to marry her." He pleaded

 

 

Umm... Did I just hear that right? He's wishing for me to marry his playmate?!

 

 

"You'll do that right hyung? It's the super powers!" He said while raising his plastic ring.

 

 

He waited for my reply, "we'll, I guess so."

 

 

"Yeay!" He then hugged me.

 

 

Maybe he's just making thing up. I just shrugged the thought.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

[In Korean: Dara’s POV]

 

 

I just got back from school when I saw my mom and dad in the living room. They’re really noisy, so I went there to know what’s happening.

 

 

My mom was crying, I don’t know but I feel something isn’t right. “What’s happening?”

 

 

My dad just looked at me with pitiful eyes as my mom looked away.

 

 

“What’s happening?!” I demanded for answers. There is something they’re not telling me.

 

 

My dad came closer and hugged me “Dara, Rina’s dead.”

 

 

It took a while for me to absorb what he said, “what.. Are you talking about? I just saw her last night.”

 

 

“On the way to school… a car accident” my mom said, h eyes were full of sorrow.

 

 

 

I pushed my dad off me, “YOU KNOW WHAT IT ALL YOUR FAULT,IF YOU WERE JUST THERE, BUT AS ALWAYS YOU WERENT!!” I shouted with pure hatred in my voice, and walked myself out of there.

 

 

The whole day I was in my room, no food, no drink, the only thing I have is grief and the memory of my only sister.

 

 

I can’t stay here any longer. I quickly packed my bags. I walked down stairs.

 

 

“Where are you going?” my mom asked me.

 

 

“I’ll go far away from here.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“I can’t stay here any longer.”

 

 

“I know your mad at us and I understand that but where will you stay?”

 

 

“In a subway, in a cave, in a garbage can? I don’t know just far away from this hell of a place,” I said with a stoic face well actually I’m going to stay at Bom’s but I don’t want them to know. I was about to get out when my mom stopped me.

 

 

“No, if you can’t stay here” she said holding my hand and gave me a pair of key, “there’s a house near your school you can live there.”

 

 

She hugged me but I didn’t hug her back. I just walked out of there.