AM6

Always Me

Hyunseung walk in the school with hands in pocket. His headphone was tucked at his ears. He blew out air from his mouth. Haze can be seen. His milky hair sway as the wind blew. He tighten the jacket around his body feeling the air seeping through his clothes.

"Hyunseung!" He turn his head to see his lover, Doojoon jogged towards him. Doojoon pull the smaller into a hug.

"Hyunseung, where did you go? 2 weeks you just disappeared like that. Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you tell anyone where you are going?" Doojoon shot tons of question at his lover. Hyunseung stayed silent. Doojoon broke the hug just to see Hyunseung's glassy eyes.

"Hey, baby.. Did I hurt you?" Doojoon ask and wipe away the tears that fall at Hyunseung's cheek. Doojoon don't know what to do. Hyunseung just stay silent as the tears keep falling from the eyes. Hyunseung stood there emotionless.

"Hyunseung.. Talk to me. Tell me. What happen?" Doojoon said. Hyunseung just look at Doojoon's eyes. Doojoon groan in frustation. He put Hyunseung's bag at his seat and Doojoon drag the crying Hyunseung to the rooftop.

--

Doojoon open the door and let Hyunseung walk first before close the door. He walk to Hyunseung who was crying silently and pull him into a hug again.

"Cry Hyunseung.. Cry as much as you want. Let it all out." Doojoon assured Hyunseung. Hyunseung let his tears fall freely. He and Doojoon fall on the ground as Hyunseung felt his leg become weak. From a silent cry turn to a louder sobs. Then it become a cry of mourn. Doojoon's heart broke seeing his lover like that. He don't know what happen that make Hyunseung cry like that. He just wants the smaller to feel at ease.

"I don't want to live anymore.." Hyunseung whisper. Doojoon look down to his lover.

"Hyunseung.."

"I don't have any purpose on living in this world anymore.." Hyunseung whisper again so low that Doojoon almost can't hear it.

"Hyunseung.. What are you saying?" Doojoon said softly and cup Hyunseung's face. His face is full of tears smeared across his cheek.

"My family is gone.. My parents and sister is gone.." Hyunseung's voice cracked as he cried again. Doojoon gasp a little. He hug Hyunseung tighter.

"I'm sorry Seung I don't know anything. I am so sorry I wasn't beside you when you need me the most. I am so sorry." Doojoon kiss Hyunseung's head crown.

"I don't have to live anymore.. I lost my family.." Hyunseung said and look up to Doojoon with painful look. Doojoon shook his head disapprovingly.

"Hyunseung. Why did you lose your hope? You know what? You have to live your life. You have to keep going so that you can continue your family generation. You have to Hyunseung.." Doojoon said. Hyunseung bit his lips. He broke the hug and back face Doojoon.

"Doojoon, tell me if you be me, why would you live when you don't have anyone to love you anymore. When you don't even have a place where you can call home anymore?" Hyunseung ask. Doojoon flinch at the hurtful and cold tone that Hyunseung is using. Doojoon look down. Sure he never lose his parents but he once lose a person where he called home..

"Hyunseung.. I lost my sister remember? She is my home before. My parents.. They don't care about me.. And I met you.. The fate that bring us here right now. And you are my home. You make myself at home now. Which I felt that I can't lose. You may have lost your first home. But I am your second home now. And maybe, forever.." Doojoon backhugged Hyunseung and intertwined their hands.

"Stay alive for me. You can't leave your home Hyunseung.. Because you will come back to where you were. When you lost your home. You will find a new one. Maybe it is not the same. But it still can give you warmth so that you wouldn't die freezing. I am your home. And you will come back no matter what happen. I love you." Doojoon kiss Hyunseung's temple.

Hyunseung look up at the sky. He know what Doojoon said is true. Doojoon is his home now. He can depends on Doojoon now. The feeeling losing his whole family without blinking his eyes makes him feel so lost. And Doojoon found him and take him home again. To his new home. And he admit, he has to stay alive no matter what happen for Doojoon.

"I love you too." He mumble and turn around. Doojoon smile widely. Hyunseung smile and kiss Doojoon's lips.

"Thank you Yoon Doojoon." And he hug Doojoon tightly. Never once he will leave his home.

--

"Hyunseung!" Hyunseung and Doojoon turn around and saw Kris smiling and waving at them.

"Who is him?" Doojoon whisper.

"Pabo ya. He is new student in our class." Hyunseung said. Doojoon chuckle.

"I notice him, but I don't know who he is." Doojoon whisper back.

"Hey Hyunseung!" Kris greet and look at Hyunseung who just nod. Kris averted his eyes at Doojoon.

"Hye Yoon ssi." Kris said and smile slightly.

"Y-You know me?" Doojoon said.

"Who didn't know the basketball player in this school. Its just you that don't know me." Kris said. Doojoon and Hyunseung look at each other.

"No need to be so formal with me. When you can call me Hyunseung just like that, just call me Doojoon." Doojoon said and smile. Kris nod.

"Where did you go for 2 weeks Hyunseung?" Kris ask. Hyunseung look at Doojoon

"Just going for a holiday to clear my mind." Hyunseung said.

"Y-Yeah. We fought." Doojoon smile awkwardly when Hyunseung glare at him.

"Two bestfriends fought?" Kris said.

"You can say we are a couple. No one tell you that?" Doojoon ask. Kris' face fell and look disappointed.

"O-Oh. Hyunseung didn't tell me anything. Well, we just met. I-I think I should go. I promise Tao to go somewhere. I'll go first. Goodbye Hyunseung and your boyfriend." Kris said and turn his heels.

"Bye Kris." Hyunseung and Doojoon said in unison. Both of them walk out from the school hand in hand.

--

Doojoon lock the door behind him while Hyunseung already slumped himself on the couch. They have lived together in Hyunseung's house for almost two months now. After the incident at the rooftop, Doojoon felt it is better for him to take care of Hyunseung. He just afraid if Hyunseung would do something bad to himself.

"Hectic day?" Doojoon ask. Hyunseung nod a bit. Doojoon sit beside him and hold his hand.

"Go upstairs and take a bath. You're stink." Doojoon said. Hyunseung shot a glare and slap Doojoon's arm playfully.

"Not my fault. The class shouldn't be extend till 6 you know." Hyunseung said and sigh. Doojoon smile.

"You are the top 10 student in the school. Of course you have to attend those classes." Doojoon said. Hyunseung only hummed.

"Go and rest. I will cook for you."Doojoon said. Hyunseung nod. He take his bag and go up the stairs.

Once he reach his bedroom, he felt his stomach aching. He slowly sat on the bed and bit his lips as he is preventing himself from let out any noise. He search for his pills. He found the bottle. Lucky for him there is another one or two more tablets in it. He pour it into his hand and swallow it without any water. After a while he seemed to calm down. He lay on his bed for a while.

'I should go to hospital. I have been skipping chemo for almost 4 session. I barely have good meals too. Maybe I should go without Doojoon.'

Hyunseung thought. He take his towel and went to the bathroom.

--

Doojoon put the stew and set the plate.

"Babe! Come down! Dinner is ready." Doojoon shout and wipe his hand with the handkerchief.

"Hyunseung! Come down here love!" Doojoon called again. He frown. Worried, he go up hurrily and went to their bedroom.

He open the door and walk in. He smile a bit. He walk to the bed and sit beside the sleeping figure. He stare at the flawless face of his boyfriend. He move the bangs that covered his boyfriend's eyes. Doojoon lean forward and take a nice look of Hyunseung's face. From his milky hair, to his forehead and then to his eyes, to his nose and then to the tempting lips that call for him. He felt Hyunseung's breath slowly make it way out. He catch Hyunseung's plump pinky lips passionately.

Hyunseung, feeling something soft at his lips open his eyes and saw his boyfriend's face. He smirk and return the kiss. He bit Doojoon's lips and the older groan. Hyunseung pull away from the kiss and take a deep breath. He look down to his lap. Doojoon chuckle and lift up Hyunseung chin. He can see the tainted pink at his lover's cheek.

"Blushing huh?" Doojoon tease.

"At least I didn't kiss my lover sneakily when he is asleep." Hyunseung said and punch Doojoon at his chest playfully.

"Ouch! My chest hurt!" Doojoon said, giving his best reaction. Hyunseung giggle.

"You look pale this lately. You should go to hospital." Doojoon said, caressing Hyunseung's cheek and lips. Hyunseung smile a bit.

"I'm hungry. Let's eat please." Hyunseung said and rub is stomach with a pout. Doojoon nod and stand up but Hyunseung didn't budge.

"Carry me. I am so lazy right now." Hyunseung said with his half lided eyes. A sign as he was so tired. Doojoon nod and carry his lover in bridal style to the dining table.

--

"I should go with you. I think I will just call Junhyung and cancel the training." Doojoon said. Hyunseung turn to him. Their eyes still show that they are sleepy because they are lack of sleep and just woke up. It is 10 in the morning for God sake.

"Dont worry Doo. The doctor is my uncle. So don't worry too much. You are going to international. So please, training well." Hyunseung said and peck Doojoon's cheek.

"We should prepare ourself and go now. My appointment is in 30 minutes." Hyunseung said. Doojoon nod. They went upstairs and change their clothes.

Doojoon drop Hyunseung in front of the hospital.

"Call me if anything comes up okay. I will come right away." Doojoon said. Hyunseung nod and get out of the car.

"Training well. By love." Hyunseung wink his left eye. Although the bangs cover his eyes, Doojoon still can see his boyfriend's cheeky act.

"Cute as always." Doojoon mumble. Hyunseung close the door and Doojoon drive away.

Hyunseung took a deep breath before Turn to look at the hospital. The wind blew again and his milky hair sway again. The bangs scattered around his forehead. He tighten his bagpack and put a smile. His heart feel so heavy. As if something would happen.

--

Doojoon parked his car. He get out of his car. His basketballs friends already waiting for him. He look at the cloud that already gather above their head.

"Guys, looks like today will be raining heavily." He said to his other friends.

"Yeah. But, you don't have to worry. We are training inside." Junhyung said. Doojoon nod.

"Hey dude. Are you really okay?" RapMon ask Doojoon.

"I have this uneasy feeling and I really don't like it." Doojoon said.

"About your boyfriend?" Jimin ask. Doojoon shrugged. He take a deep breathe.

"Let's practice shall we?" Doojoon said. The other three walk in.

Doojoon turn around and look at his car. His mind is telling him to shrug any bad thought. But his heart insist for him to go to his boyfriend now.

"Doojoon, if you really need to go to Hyunseung, we understand. Just go. He needs you more." Junhyung said. Doojoon sigh.

"Let's go inside." Doojoon said and walk in with Junhyung, bring along his heavy heart.

--

Hyunseung puked again in the bathroom. The nurse behind him his back. He felt so weak. This session really make him feel want to give up. He wipe his mouth with the towel. The nurse help him to lie on the bed.

"Hyunseung ssi, please have a rest first. You are still not in good condition." The nurse said. Hyunseung nod weakly. He run his finger through his hair. That is when he felt some of his hair slip in his finger. He look at his hand. Few hair stuck between his slender finger. He sigh. He start to lose his hair now. He just cant imagine how he will look like when he become bald. Does Doojoon will still love him after he turn to an ugly looking creature? He felt so tired right now and he dont want to think of anything right now. He slowly close his eyes and drift to sleep.

An hour later, Suho walk in the ward and saw Hyunseung is sleeping. He smile a little and walk to the bed. He hold Hyunseung's cold hand. Hyunseung stir in his sleep and open his eyes.

"Hyunseung.." Suho smile.

--

The lightning struck again make Doojoon startled and missed the strike. He look back and saw that the rain already pour heavily outside.

"Let's start again. Focus Doojoon." RapMon said. Doojoon nod and they start the last round of their netball match. This time, Doojoon really put his focus on the game. After the training ended, he sit at one of the bench at the side of the court. He stuffed in his things in his bag and go to his car.

"Hey Doojoon, where are you going?" Junhyung ask.

"I want to fetch Hyunseung from hospital. But he didn't call me yet so, I will just go there." Doojoon said.

"Ouh. I see. I just think of inviting you to go and grab coffee. You know, in this rainy day it is good to drink something hot." Junhyung said and smile.

Doojoon look hesitate. "Sorry Jun. I don't think so. I have to go to Hyunseung. I am so sorry." Doojoon said. Junhyung nod.

"I understand. Hyunseung is important. Goodbye then." Junhyung said and walk away. 

Doojoon heave a sigh. The rain pour heavily. And the lightning strike again.

--

He sit and lean his back at the shady tree. Bringing his knee closer to his chest and hug it tightly.

"So, all of those treatment come to a waste huh?" He chuckle bitterly.

Surprisingly for him, none of his tears didn't come out. Even though the rain could blind his tears, but his heart already blind to the fate. Thanks to those who taught him to be strong. The one who always there for him. Through his health and sickness. He promise to himself, he will cherish the remaining time he have so that he wouldn't die in regret.

"Thank you Yoon Doojoon." He get up and walk home with a smile.

--

"Hyunseung!" He fish out his phone and try to call his boyfriend. He went to the hospital and go to Suho but Suho said he left already. Doojoon straight home hoping to find Hyunseung but he is nowhere to be find.

The door open. Doojoon turn around and the soaking wet Hyunseung come in.

"Oh my God! Baby!" Doojoon hug the soaking boy. He pulled the boy in and make way upstairs.

Doojoon and Hyunseng bath together. They sat on the bed together. "Hyunseung, what are you doing in the rain? You will catch a cold." Doojoon said and dry the latter's hair. He pull the towel and many of Hyunseung's milky hair stuck there. He pick few strands and observe them in his hand. Doojoon look at Hyunseung who still have smile in his face.

"Don't smile like that. It is creeping me out." Doojoon said and chuckle. Pushing away the thought of how worse Hyunseung's condition is. Hyunseung pout. They spend their time lying on the bed with thick blanket covering them.

"Doojoon, I love you." Hyunseung said. Doojoon smile.

"I love you too." Doojoon pecked Hyunseung's lips.

"Your game will be on winter right?" Hyunseung ask. Doojoon just hummed in response.

Hyunseung definitely wont tell Doojoon about that.

"You will watch me for the tournament right?" Doojoon ask.

"Buy me a ticket then." Hyunseung chuckle.

"Promise me you will go." Doojoon held his picky finger. Hyunseung smile again.

He put his left hand at his back and intertwined his index finger and middle finger. His right hand intertwined with Doojoon's pinky finger.

He just nod and smile.

'Sorry love, I can't promise you. Not when it is like this.'