Ch. 6

Smoke

i'm now realizing the repercussions of not planning ahead with this. frick.

---

Woohyun flopped onto the lounge chair and groaned at nothing in particular. The brat, as expected, didn't make it easy for him and bombarded him with a slew of questions after lecture. Sungjong dragged him towards the student center's common area and sat down across from him, hands folded in faux authority. He was having way too much fun with this.

"Five W's. Who what when where why and HOW." After a pause, Sungjong tacked on a quick "hyung".

"No." Woohyun knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but the later, the better. "Just. No."

"Hyung! Why not? You usually don't give nicknames to random people. Actually wait, you don't even give nicknames to your friends. Wow. Wait till I tell Dongwoo-hyung." He grinned evilly and Woohyun could see the cogs turning in his crazy brain of his, a shiver running through him at the thought of Satan-Sungjong in action. 

He sighed in exasperation and prayed for someone to save him from this brat. 

"Sungjong please no."

The resting face descended upon the younger's face and he knew he wasn't going to get out of this alive.

"Alright, how about we make a deal? I'll tell you what I know, and you stop asking afterwards. Alright?"

"Oh I'll try my best, hyung." Sungjong smiled slowly and Woohyun swore he saw eyes flashing and a grin of victory threatening to take over.

Grimacing, he tried his best to look unaffected and proceeded to give an overly generalized run-down of the situation that happened two days ago.

"Basically, I was wasted and somehow ended up outside of this random guy's door-"

"Name hyung. Name."

"Fine. Jesus christ. Howon."

"Um, which one is it?"

"What?"

"Is his name Jesus christ or Howon?"

Woohyun contemplated head-tabling right then and there as the other laughed at his misery in glee. 

"Ok. Anyways, I somehow out and he was nice so he let me stay at his place for a bit (just a bit). That's it. Voila."

Sungjong raised his eyebrows, unamused.

"-and then?"

"There's no 'and then'."

"Yes there is hyung. It's written all over your face."

"Oh really? What does it say?"

"Haha you're funny hyung. In case you aren't aware, it says you're hardcore crushing on this Howon guy but since you're hopeless with these kinds of things you desperately require the aid of a third party because you're an awkward being."

Woohyun blinked once and cocked his head to the side, not sure whether to bolt in the opposite direction right now or stay and suffer through the awful suggestions Sungjong is going to dump on him.

"For your information, I'm quite content with what I have right now. Thank you, but no thank you. Also I'm not that awkward."

"Awww, Woohyun-hyung you're no fun! You don't trust me with these things?" There it is again. The evil Sungjong grin.

The brat prodded at his cheek and giggled at the pained face Woohyun was sporting. Sadistic wouldn't even cover it for him.

"So you guys are talking on a daily basis now?" It's been only how many hours since they exchanged numbers...?

"I guess..."

"Wow you improved hyung!" Sungjong flashed a cheesy thumbs up, "But I bet he's always the one initiating, right?"

"Whoa ok hold up. For the record, I was the first one to text this time." Woohyun gestured wildly to emphasize the fact, and Sungjong could only stare incredulously. He knew how Woohyun was back in high school, and that statement could only be a massive contradiction to his personality now. His stupid hyung wasn't even like that with Sunggyu. The words were on his tongue but he held them back.

A little more serious now, Sungjong wondered, "So you really like him then?"

"No- not no, but I don't know... I don't know yet." Woohyun contemplated for a second, "I can't judge his character yet, but there's a gut feeling, you know?"

Sungjong just nodded and kept quiet (for once). 

"It's not the same feeling...as how it was with him, but it's something. I don't know. Sungjong I don't know."

The younger clasped his hands together and rested his chin on top, looking serious for a split second before flopping back into the couch. 

"I know you dislike my love advice - admit it they're awesome though - but just be careful ok?"

"First of all, telling me to seduce someone is NOT advice. But yeah, I know." Woohyun sighed for the umpteenth time and let silence take over them.

After just sitting for what seemed like eternity, Sungjong got up and suggested going to the cafe across the campus. Of course with Woohyun paying. 

"Hey hyung, you know you should give the seduction technique a try with this...Howon. You never know. Maybe he's into the awkward type?" Sungjong snickered before bounding off with his pumpkin spice latte, leaving Woohyun staring in horror at what the kid just said in public. 

That brat.

-

Nearly choking on his americano, Woohyun returned to his shared apartment to find strips of shredded toilet paper all over the kitchen and living room floor. 

What the happend here? Dongwoo's not supposed to be home yet... did a thief come in?! But why the toilet paper?

Woohyun raced towards his bedroom, but on the way he heard a muffled sound coming from the shared bathroom and little barks behind the door. Barks? More like yips.

He turned the handle and pulled.

What the-

"Dubu! No!" 

A fluffy ball of white flew past Woohyun at the speed of light and he did a double take to make sure his eyes weren't playing with him.

"Why...is there a dog...in the house?"

Dongwoo sat sheepishly at the edge of the bathtub and Woohyun could see the edges of his shirt soaked through with water. 

"Please don't be mad Woohyunie! I found her outside of the convenience store and she didn't have an owner so I decided to take her in." Dongwoo flashed his puppy-eyes and there was nothing else Woohyun could do. 

"Seriously hyung, you can't just take in strays off the street...but fine. And what's with the toilet paper out there?"

"Ahhh, that. I tried to put her into the bathtub but she ran away and ended up taking a bunch of toilet paper with her. So now it's all over the house. When you opened the door, that was her fourth escape." 

"Alright, so we just need to catch her?"

"Woohyunie...it's not that easy."

"We'll see about that hyung." He turned and headed towards the mess of a kitchen and scanned the area for any signs of Dubu. Only Dongwoo would pick such a name.

A scuffle sound made its way from the living room and Woohyun knew exactly where she was hiding. He opened the fridge and took out a small bit of leftover ham, then made his way towards the curtains. Right as he stepped within five feet of the hiding spot, a white snout poked underneath the bottom of the curtain and sniffed. Woohyun edged closer slowly, trying not to scare away the furry creature.

Once he was close enough to grab the dog, he waved the piece of ham around and tried to lure her out. Slowly, cautiously, she edged towards Woohyun and he quickly snatched her up triumphantly, proud of his work. On the other hand, Dubu whined and tried to wiggle out of his hold. He marched towards the bathroom and, holding her under one arm, locked the door. Finally letting her go, he fed her half of the piece. 

Ah, she's a poodle.

"Alright Dubu, you're gonna take a bath ok? Behave for Dongwoo-hyung and you'll get this other piece of ham."

Dongwoo cooed at the poodle's confused face and scooped her up, plopping her into the tub. 

"You're the best, Woohyunie!"

Before he left the bathroom, Woohyun snapped a picture of Dubu (paws scrabbling at the slippery edge of the tub, looking more confused, but cute nevertheless) and sent it to Howon. Maybe he likes dogs more than I do... 

He wrinkled his nose and pressed send, a small smile on his lips. Tucking his phone away, he settled onto his bed and closed his eyes.

Time for a nap.

-

 

a/n: holy frick i don't even remember when i last updated this thing ._. it wasn't that long ago...hopefully? 

ah yes uni. turns out astronomy wasn't that bad after all :D (just casually behind on 80 pages of reading psh)

on a side note, for anyone who's in their senior year of high school, good luck on college apps! start now ok (advice from procrastinator). im with you guys k ;_;

comments on actual fic. uhhhh this is the longest chapter i've written so far and hopefully it doesn't feel too filler-ish. sorry i never introduced sungjong lol he just kinda popped in. but in case anyone's confused like i am at my own characters, woohyun, sungjong, and sunggyu, knew each other back in high school. i seriously don't know what's happening but i plan on kicking things up a notch in the next chap. GONNA WRITE SOME AYEEE.

jk.

you know those one-shot fics that just kinda HAPPEN? like hey we met for 2 minutes in the library and we had eye- for another 30 seconds and BOOM CLOTHES OFF WE'RE ING :D 

nope if that's your thing then this fic is not for you. this will be so slow build you'll cry. 

anyways thanks for reading! ily