다섯: happy birthday

( from me, with love ♡ )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
title: happy birthday
characters: jung eunji (apink) & byun baekhyun (exo) [ft. park chanyeol (exo)]
genre: angst, friendship, romance
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

It's been just over a year now.

The stars were shining above him, but he couldn't bring himself to look up at them. Because the truth is, the star shines for everyone in the world, but in reality, it itself is surrounded in darkness. He never did care much for the night time, but tonight, he let the darkness keep him company.

He found himself sitting in the middle of the court. It was the very place he had met him all those years ago. It was the place where they had first become friends. They had both ended up at the park that day, looking to play a game of basketball to relieve themselves of boredom. Somehow, the man had found his group of friends, who had been more than accepting of him into their game. They had welcomed him in, and he stayed. He had become an essential part of their group in a matter of weeks.

But then he left.

Park Chanyeol was loud, annoying, and an idiot. But that didn't make him a bad friend. In fact, Chanyeol had become Baekhyun's closest and most precious friend. A small chuckle escaped his lips when he realized that Chanyeol had referred to himself as Baekhyun's "part time soulmate," just until he found himself a girlfriend.

When Jung Eunji came along, Baekhyun was sure that she was the one. The way she smiled and laughed so brightly made him want to protect that smile. He vowed to never let it fade from her face. He loved how her eyes turned into little crescent moons whenever he said something funny. He fell in love with the way she would clap her hands out of happiness whenever he surprised her with a gift. He cherished each and every smile. Every single one was a treasure in a collection of his most loved things in the world.

He remembered when he had first told Chanyeol about her. He had enthusiastically encouraged him to ask her out. He had even offered to help him do it. In his own words, "Park Chanyeol is the master of asking out girls." But to him, Eunji wasn't just any other girl. She was the loud ball of energy from Busan who always spoke her mind. In many ways, she reminded him of Chanyeol. He had hoped the two would get along and was happy when the two seemed to be very comfortable around each other upon their first meeting.

Sometimes, he grew jealous of how close the two had grown to be. But he knew deep down that Eunji wouldn't cheat on him. And if there was one thing that was certain, it was that Chanyeol wouldn't betray him. So whenever he something happened that he was proud of, they would always be the first two who were informed.

He still remembered the day he had told them about being contacted by an agency about becoming a singer in their company. He had first told them on the day of the audition. Not wanting to jinx anything, he had planned on telling them after it was over, but he couldn't help himself. He needed to talk to his girlfriend and his best friend to ease his nerves.

Though they didn't know the re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter