넷: the unspoken

( from me, with love ♡ )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
title: the unspoken
characters: son naeun (apink) & kim jongin[kai] (exo)
genre: friendship/romance
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

It was something that became part of his everyday schedule. He was always in the same spot during this time of the night. Waiting outside the restaurant, sitting on the bench, holding onto a jacket in case she got cold; all of it became normal for him. He'd hum a song he heard that day as he people-watched. When her shift would end, he'd walk her home and they'd talk about their day. They'd wish each other goodnight and he'd return home. It was part of their nightly routine. The next day, it would start all over once again.

More than simply keeping her safe from whatever the night held, he simply enjoyed being around her. She was someone he cared deeply for. Walking her home was something he looked forward to doing. The two had met during their first year of high school and had since become close friends. She was there when he needed her the most, and he, in turn, was there to catch her whenever she fell. They had become a source of strength for one another over time. Somehow, along the way, Naeun had become his only source of strength.

"Jongin-ah~~" He turned around at the sound of her voice and was met by the smiling face of his friend. It was her trademark smile: bright and joyful. 

"Yah! It's cold out here; why are you wearing only that?!" He asked, pointing at her thin t-shirt. There was no way that she wasn't feeling cold. Before she could even answer him, he draped the jacket he was holding around her shoulders. She smiled in response and placed her arms into the sleeves, relieved to be protected from the cool evening breeze. 

"Because I knew you'd bring this for me." She answer cheerfully. The only thing he could do was chuckle in response.

"You're lucky I'm such a nice person." He said, ruffling the hair on her head before placing himself right beside her. "Let's get going, shall we?"

She nodded her head and the two began walking down the cemented pavement side by side. When the breeze picked up, she would walk a little closer to him to make herself warmer. It was natural for her. She was comfortable around him and she found herself doing these things without even thinking about it. He, too, had become used to it. He looked to his side and instead of seeing his friend's face, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter