셋: leaver's dance

( from me, with love ♡ )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
title: leaver's dance
characters: oh hayoung (apink) & oh sehun (exo)
genre: friendship/romance, coming of age
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

The backyard was filled with people roaming around, enjoying being in the company of their friends and family. The sound of chatter could be heard from every corner. The music was soft and upbeat as it quietly played in the background. It suited the pleasant atmosphere of the party well. Mixing in with the voices of the guests, it was a nice sound to hear. It made him smile as he continued greeting people as they came up to him and congratulated him. He thanked each one of his guests as he bowed and smiled warmly.

"You've grown up well, Sehun. Your parents are so proud of you." His old coach beamed as he patted the young man on his back. The boy smiled in response.

"It's because they have raised me well. I'm really thankful." He stated, knowing that his parents were the ones to thank for helping him get this far. He owed them everything.

The older man nodded and patted him on the back once again before disappearing into the sea of people. As he made his way across the yard, he was stopped by numerous people he had grown close to as he had grown up. From people in the neighorhood, to family friends, to aunts, uncles and grandparents, it seemed that everybody who had watched him grow up was there. Even his friends from school were there, greeting the guests and helping to make sure everything was running smoothly. Everything had to be perfect today.

Today wasn't a graduation party. Today was a farewell party.

Tomorrow marked the beginning of a new life for him. He and his childhood bestfriend were leaving for college tomorrow. Their bags were already packed and loaded into the car. Though he was nervous about being out there on his own, he knew he was an adult now. He shouldn't depend on his parents anymore. He had to go out there and make them proud. He had to repay them for everything they've given up for him. They needed to know that their son could take care of himself now. And that he would.

"Oh Sehun! Your mom said to help carry in some of the chairs!" Jongin shouted from behind him. Sehun laughed and shook his head.

"And you didn't feel like helping? Isn't this my party? Why should I have to do all the work?" He joked before going to retrieve the chairs.

The party had been going on for a few hours already, and now was the time that some people had to leave and return home. As some of the guests left, Sehun and Jongin stacked the empty chairs and helped to clear the tables. Although they had to bid farewell and thank the guests for coming, they helped clean whenever they had the chance. They couldn't leave his parents to do all the work. It wasn't their job to take care of him anymore. He had to take care of them now. 

Just as the last of the guests were leaving, Jongin decided that he was going to go inside and rest before the long drive tomorrow. Sehun took on the job of cleaning and making sure that everything was back where they were supposed to be. A few people offered to help, but he declined. Instead, he thanked them for coming and bid them goodbye.

He bowed to e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter