하나: set me free

( from me, with love ♡ )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
title: set me free
characters: son naeun (apink) & luhan (exo)
genre: angst (warning: deals with serious/heavy topics)
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

Her hands shook as she emptied the small pills into her palm. They looked massive against the frailness of her thin arms. She eyed each of them as the rolled out of the container. They were all uniform in color. Each were the same shape and shade. Each promised to do the same thing. The goal would be achieved faster if they were all taken together. Right?

The beating of the heart grew faster and louder, becoming a deafening sound. It pounded rapidly against her chest. Her hands began to shake more violently as tears clouded her eyes. She told herself that this was the answer. It was going to make the pain stop. And she would do anything for it to just go away. She forced herself to lift her hand. But just as her hand reached , she placed them back down and looked in front of her. In the mirror, she saw someone she didn't know. The girl in front of her was broken.

She guided the pills towards once again. Just then, a familiar voice broke the silence that was surrounding her.

"Naeun-ah, what are you doing?!" She turned around at the panicked voice. It was then that she saw his terrified eyes, glued onto the pills in her hand. She, on the other hand, couldn't help but keep her eyes glued on to the man standing in front of her. She backed up until her back hit the sink; her shaking hands gripping the side. How did he get in here?

"Luhan oppa..." His name escaped her lips. But that was all she could bring herself to say. They locked eyes for a moment before he took a step towards her. She tried to back up once again, scared of his touch. The pounding in her chest grew more and more rapid. Her grip on the sink was loosening. The strength in her legs were giving away.

Just as she felt herself slipping, she found herself surrounded in warmth. It was a familiar feeling; one that comforted her in her darkest days. The young man gently sat down, still embracing her. She looked up and saw his eyes. They were large and clear, but there was an obvious sadness in them. She couldn't tear her eyes away from his. He, too, could not take his eyes off of the woman in his arms. If she could, she would stop time right here. Right now. But she knew that she couldn't. She didn't have that kind of power.

"Please tell me you weren't going to..." He couldn't bring himself to finish that sentence. She heard the sadness in his voice and saw the sorrow in his eyes. It broke her heart to see him like this. And it hurt even more to know that at that moment, she was the reason for it. It angered her beyond compare. But it wasn't something she could help.

Her voice failed her. It wasn't until she felt his hand on hers that she realized the pills were still in her hands. She gripped onto them tighter as he grabbed onto her. She knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter