At the Cottage

Unrequited love

 

Minah fiddled with her latest mobile device to pass the time on the car. *This is boring.* Her eyes shifted to the car's window, taking in the unfamilier streets and shops. *Almost there?* The driver seemed to have read her mind when she straightened up. 

"We're almost there, ahgasshi." The driver informed as he glanced at the young mistress through the back mirror. 

"Oh.  Okay." Minah was nervous as she didnt know how the new environment for her would turn out. She wasn't very good with new people and it makes her uncomfortable. But she didn't have any choice. 

Minah was walking back home after visiting her mom at their family's company. She refused the ride from her personal driver since she was planning to take a stroll at the nearby park. Taking a shortcut, she turned to a dark alley. The peace of being alone lasted just for a moment when suddenly two bulky men appeared out of nowhere and tried to kidnap her. She struggled out of their grip, kicking her legs everywhere using all her force. Fortunately, a group of men passing by the alley happened to be the employees from the company. They recognized the young mistress at once and scared the men away. 

After Im Yoona heard about this, she was extremely worried about her daughter. It turned out that the men were part of a gang which have a grudge against her father due to an incident in the past and were determined to take revenge. Yoona knew her daughter was in danger and she quickly thought of a plan. The plan was to make her daughter move from Seoul and stay in the countryside with a lady who owed to her. Minah, being the mommy's girl, she agreed to do as her mom told her. 

End of flash back 

 

Minah was jerked out of her thoughts when the car halted to a stop. She got out the car and took her suitcase from the car trunk with the help of the driver. 

"Thank you, ahjusshi" She bowed to the  driver before he went off.

Minah was surprised to see that the cottage looked lovely with a green garden. To the back of the cottage was a large plain area of grass and some plantation. The door opened and an old lady wearing a blouse with floral working pants came out. She gave Minah a big smile and welcomed her into the cottage.

"Annyeonghaseyo" Minah bowed.

"Ohh haha. Well-mannered like your mom. And beautiful like your mom too, huh? "

Minah was flattered at the sudden compliment.  

"Come in and see your room. You must be tired."

Minah followed the old lady into the cottage. The insides were clean and she deducted that the lady must love flowers as there were lots of colourful flowers in different vases everywhere. 

"Wait here, little girl. I'll get you water." The old lady disappeared into a room. 

Minah was very curious and she got up to see more of the cottage. She arrived at a room where the door was slightly open. She couldn't contain her curiousity and went into the room. 

There she didn't expect to see someone. It was a boy looking her age. She couldn't really see his face since he was facing the window looking aloof. He was wearing a white T-shirt with  black jeans and on his head was a gray beanie. Minah didn't realise that she was staring at the stranger for a while until he turned around. She let out a small gasp. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohoo! Second chapter! Plz comment what you guys think! ^^